Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Corndogs are up to it again.......

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
The Corndogs are up to it again.......
« on: October 05, 2009, 10:15:50 PM »
Gators getting taunting texts, calls

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Looks like LSU fans have Florida's number -- again.

Backup quarterback John Brantley said Monday night he has received "quite a few" taunting text messages from numbers he does not recognize.

Florida coach Urban Meyer, offensive coordinator Steve Addazio and receiver Riley Cooper have also been getting extra calls and texts this week, apparently from LSU fans trying to get in their ears -- or heads -- before Saturday night's game between top-ranked Florida and No. 4 LSU.

"They haven't been bad," said Brantley, in line to start Saturday if Tim Tebow can't because of a concussion. "It's just a little annoying."

Tebow had similar issues two years ago before Florida's 28-24 loss in Baton Rouge. He received hundreds of messages leading up to the game. Tebow responded by pretending to dial a phone after a touchdown pass in the second quarter.

Tebow's number appears safe this time around.

Some of his teammates are hoping to stay clear, too.

"They didn't get me," cornerback Joe Haden said. "It's pretty bad, though. They had my boy Coop. They got him pretty good. I was chilling with Coop and he was just laughing about it."

Brantley said none of the messages he received included death threats. He has read or listened to most of them, then deleted them just in time for more to show up. It's gotten so bad that he might consider getting a new number.

How is he dealing with the calls and texts?

"I just ignore, put it down," he said.

So how are all the numbers getting out?

"I have no idea," Haden said.

Corndog - "Hey, John did you just get my text message?"
John Brantley - "For the last time...NO!!!"
Corndog - "Read it!!!  It says 'Hey"
Corndog - ........."Hey John"

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4534884
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The Corndogs are up to it again.......
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 10:29:15 PM »
Okay, quick story.  Some people love my stories so pay attention.  Late 90's..me and my brother in law (Texas A&M grad) are driving down to Red Stick for the AU/LSU game.  I'm driving while he's parousing the damn Texas A&M media guide and incessantly bombarding me with Aggie football facts for 150 miles.  Just before I make the decision to drive head on into a semi, he comes across the LSU information section while thumbing through the Aggie opponents for that year and damned if they don't have the Athletics Directors home phone number in there.

beep-beep-boop..beep-boop-boop-beep

Hello

Um yes, is XXXXXX there?

No he's not.  He should be back shortly.  can I take a message?

Yes.  Could you please tell him the Auburn Tigers are coming to kick his ass?

Click..okay your turn. No man, I ain't callin.  Come oooooonnn, I'm dialing right now.  Rrrrriiinng

Hello

Hi, listen I want to apologize for my friend being so rude.  What he meant to say was the Auburn Tigers are coming to kick yo mutha fu...click..

Come on man, redial...   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 10:49:52 PM »
Does anyone here not think that this is a scheme setup by Meyer himself? I do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 10:56:13 PM »
Does anyone here not think that this is a scheme setup by Meyer himself? I do.

I wouldn't put it past him but then..we are talking about LSU fans. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 11:01:27 PM »
As for a scheme setup by Meyer....how did that work out the last time they played at Redstick?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 07:49:16 AM »
Okay, quick story.  Some people love my stories so pay attention.  Late 90's..me and my brother in law (Texas A&M grad) are driving down to Red Stick for the AU/LSU game.  I'm driving while he's parousing the damn Texas A&M media guide and incessantly bombarding me with Aggie football facts for 150 miles.  Just before I make the decision to drive head on into a semi, he comes across the LSU information section while thumbing through the Aggie opponents for that year and damned if they don't have the Athletics Directors home phone number in there.

beep-beep-boop..beep-boop-boop-beep

Hello

Um yes, is XXXXXX there?

No he's not.  He should be back shortly.  can I take a message?

Yes.  Could you please tell him the Auburn Tigers are coming to kick his ass?

Click..okay your turn. No man, I ain't callin.  Come oooooonnn, I'm dialing right now.  Rrrrriiinng

Hello

Hi, listen I want to apologize for my friend being so rude.  What he meant to say was the Auburn Tigers are coming to kick yo mutha fu...click..

Come on man, redial...   

How come you never go full retard when I'm around?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 09:21:47 AM »
I can remember back in HS, our coaches did something is why Im thinking this. We were about to play a big rivalry team, of which decided who would take top seat. We were more of a mixed school of different races playing a school that had a problem with that. During the pep-rally, it seemed that we had some visitors from our rivals that dropped notes in our lockers with the intent to really piss people off. Mostly racial slurs. Well, it exploded from there. The opposing team fans were talking of KKK and all this crap. When we got to their stadium, it was like were fixing to march on MLK day right through town. The stadium announcer come on the loud speaker telling folks that they couldnt leave the gates till after the game was over for fear of people getting hurt in the parking lots. When we came back out at halftime, on our sidelines from one goal line to the other was black dudes dressed in all black like it was a clip from "Boyz in da Hood". Apparently some of the guys on our team called some cousins in B'ham which called some cousins, which called some cousins, which......I'll have to admit, I was scared. Anyway, we won.
About 10 years later and our HC at the time had moved on to coach in Tennessee, we found out that it was our own HC and staff that put those damn notes on our freakin lockers. They had no idea though that it was going to escalate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 11:19:06 AM »
Frank Broyles has his home phone number in the Fayetteville phone book.  Some of you Tigers should call him up and ask what his "experts" are NOW saying about Gus' offense working in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 11:33:35 AM »
How likely is it that the barn and Alabama both lose this weekend? I am a little nervous about this Ole Miss game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 11:35:24 AM »
Frank Broyles has his home phone number in the Fayetteville phone book.  Some of you Tigers should call him up and ask what his "experts" are NOW saying about Gus' offense working in the SEC.

There is a God and he likes me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 11:44:15 AM »

There is a God and he likes me.

If he asks who is calling, tell him it's the 5%.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 11:50:52 AM »
How likely is it that the barn and Alabama both lose this weekend? I am a little nervous about this Ole Miss game.

Not likely.  Auburn won't lose. :)

Seriously, I'm like most others in questioning the hype over the Rebels this year.  I give them their due for getting hot down the stretch last year but please, it's Old Piss.  I keep going back to the Auburn game last year when we go over there, without an offensive coordinator...with Kodi Burns at QB and a team and staff embroiled in a total clusterfuck.  What was it...16-7 or something like that?  Auburn was driving late a couple of times but Kodi kept throwing it to the wrong colored jerseys.

Ole Miss has zero ability to shove the ball down anyone's throats or get tough yardage. After the hype and adrenaline and stuff wears off, it won't be close.

(Disclaimer: The aforementioned comes directly from a poster in the bottom 2.4% of the Battle for the Crown rankings.  Therefore Ole Miss will win by 27)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 11:59:28 AM »

Nutt is 1-6 vs. Alabama when the Tide has a winning season.  The lone win was against the 1998 7-5 Dubose team.  I'd put my money on Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 12:02:25 PM »
Nutt

This is the only thing you have to say in explaining away OM's future losses.

Hey, Rebs...

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 12:09:13 PM »
This is the only thing you have to say in explaining away OM's future losses.

Hey, Rebs...

:haha:

Nutt'n honey
Nutt sack
Deeez Nuttz
Sometime he feels like a Nutt, sometimes he dont
Nutt cracka
These are just a few more that come to mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 12:15:28 PM »
Nutt'n honey
Nutt sack
Deeez Nuttz
Sometime he feels like a Nutt, sometimes he dont
Nutt cracka
These are just a few more that come to mind.

If you had a pair of nuttz on your chest, would they be chestnuttz?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 12:20:39 PM »
If you had a pair of nuttz on your chest, would they be chestnuttz?

What if you have a pair of nuttz on your chin?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 12:23:18 PM »
What if you have a pair of nuttz on your chin?

Nuttz in yo mouf!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 12:25:33 PM »
Nuttz in yo mouf!

No, you'd have a dick in yo' mouf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 12:25:35 PM »
I think there are some corndogs that work for cell phone companies that are willing to take some risks, or some guys in law enforcement with access to LexisNexis. They are consistantly able to get players' and coaches cell phone numbers. They were blowing up JPW's phone last season.

BTW, hate to hijack here, but the whole JPW/LSU thing reminded me; what the FUCK is up with all of these stupid excessive celebration penalties this season. AJ Green gets flagged for doing nothing. Charles Scott scores and can point at fans and jump around in the end zone. Thats perfectly fine. There have been many other penalties like this called as well, most of them completely horrible calls. I mean, are these kids not allowed to have any sort of fun or what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler