Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jamarcus sippin that syrup, now following Keith McCants Footsteps

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
http://blog.al.com/live/2010/07/jamarcus_russell_arrested.html

MOBILE, Ala. -- Former Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell was arrested today for possession of a controlled substance, according to the Mobile County Sheriff's Office.

The substance was codeine syrup, spokeswoman Lori Myles said.

Myles said Russell was arrested at his home early this afternoon during an undercover investigation.  He was booked into Mobile Metro Jail at 4:22 p.m.   Russell was released minutes later after making $2,500 bail, according to online records.

Russell is scheduled to appear in court on July 20.  A bond hearing is set for July 7.

Russell played high school football at Williamson High School in Mobile.  He played quarterback for LSU from 2003 to 2006 and was the No. 1 draft pick for the  Raiders in 2007.

Russell went 7-18 as a starting QB.  The Raiders released Russell last May.

This doesn't surprise me at all.  It's the man picking on Jamarcus. McCants knows all about howthe MPD pick on the brothas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

Re: Jamarcus sippin that syrup, now following Keith McCants Footsteps
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 07:25:14 PM »
Mobile Press Register has reported that Russell was arrested for possessing a codeine syrup in an "undercover operation." He was booked and posted a $2500 bond. There isn't much to interpret from that so the article throws in the fact that Russell had been brought in supposedly be Mark Sanchez's backup with the Raiders after being their first pick in 2007 and released sooner than all other healthy first rounders since the 1967 draft. 

This is either a cheapy arrest or something much worse on the way.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:40:54 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 07:35:52 PM »
Mobile Press Register has reported that Russell was arrested for possessing a codeine syrup in an "undercover operation." There isn't much to interpret from that so the article throws in the fact that Russell has been brought in supposedly be Mark Sanchez's backup after being drafted in 2007.

I don't really see how something much worse can be on the way.  It's a felony possession.  A few thousand dollars and a drug program will turn that into a misdemeanor with no time served.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 07:39:23 PM »
Mobile Press Register has reported that Russell was arrested for possessing a codeine syrup in an "undercover operation." There isn't much to interpret from that so the article throws in the fact that Russell has been brought in supposedly be Mark Sanchez's backup after being drafted in 2007.

"Loose lips sinks ships"....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 07:44:39 PM »
I didn't know that getting ahold of some grit was a treatment for choking.

I wonder if Ryan Leaf's thank you card has been delivered yet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

jmar

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 07:52:24 PM »
I don't really see how something much worse can be on the way.  It's a felony possession.  A few thousand dollars and a drug program will turn that into a misdemeanor with no time served.
Perhaps it might be worse because he wasn't pulled over but rather STOPPED in his home. What were they selling Bibles? Hello, you or the Misses have a few minutes to spare?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 07:57:51 PM »
What a waste of talent.

I think this solidifies him as biggest draft bust in NFL history.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 08:00:14 PM »
What a waste of talent.

I think this solidifies him as biggest draft bust in NFL history.
And he has a bad cold.It was supposed to be a phukin' house call.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 08:02:24 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 09:40:29 PM »
For some of you that may not remember  :vn:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 10:42:42 PM »
WIKI is on the ball.

Notable deaths from use
Purple drank is confirmed or suspected to have caused the deaths of several prominent users. Respiratory depression is a potentially serious or fatal adverse drug reaction associated with the use of codeine, but mainly the danger lies in the much more potent and CNS-depressing phenothiazine-related antihistamine promethazine. This depression is dose-related and is the mechanism for the potentially fatal consequences of overdose: respiratory or cardiac arrest. As with most CNS depressants, mixing with alcohol greatly increases the risk of respiratory failure and other complications.

DJ Screw, who popularized the codeine-based drink, died of a codeine-promethazine-alcohol overdose on November 16, 2000, several months after the video to Three 6 Mafia's single debuted.[6]

Big Moe, a DJ Screw protegé whose albums City of Syrup and Purple World were based on the drink and who has been described as having "rapped obsessively about the drug,"[19] died at age 33 on October 14, 2007, after suffering a heart attack one week earlier that left him in a coma.[20] There was speculation that purple drank may have contributed to his death. [14][21]

Pimp C, widely influential Port Arthur, Texas rapper and a member of rap duo UGK, was found dead on December 4, 2007, at the Mondrian Hotel in West Hollywood, California. The Los Angeles County Coroner's office reported that the rapper's death was "due to promethazine/codeine effects and other unestablished factors." Ed Winter, assistant chief of the coroner's office, said the levels of the medication were elevated, but not enough to deem the death an overdose. However, Pimp C had a history of sleep apnea, a condition that causes one to stop breathing for short periods during sleep. A spokesman for the coroner's office said that the combination of sleep apnea and cough medication probably suppressed Pimp C's breathing long enough to bring on his death.[3][19]

[edit] Other notable incidents
In September 2006, Terrence Kiel, a San Diego Chargers player, was arrested during practice for the possession with intent to sell prescription cough syrup for use in making the drink.[2] Kiel was caught trying to ship a case of syrup to a friend via Fed Ex. Kiel was charged with two felony counts of transporting a controlled substance and three counts of possession for sale of a controlled substance.[22]

On July 8, 2008, Johnny Jolly, a Green Bay Packers player, was pulled over in his car for excessive music. The officers found a Dr Pepper bottle in the left cup holder of the center console next to two Styrofoam cups containing soda and ice. The officers said the cups and the bottle all emitted strong odors of codeine.[23] The case has since been dismissed while technicians involved are trained on new equipment.[24] Charges were refiled in December of 2009, however, upon the Houston Police Department's acquisition of new equipment that allowed the police to test the evidence again. Jolly faces a possible maximum sentence of up to twenty years in jail, but because he is a first time offender Jolly is eligible for probation.[25]

On July 5th, 2010, former Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell was arrested at his home in Mobile, Alabama for possession of codeine syrup. He was arrested as part of an undercover narcotics investigation, and he did not have a prescription. Russell was booked into city jail and released soon afterwards after making his $2,500 bail. [26]

Several legal commercial products loosely based on "purple drank" are marketed in the United States. In June 2008 Innovative Beverage Group, a Houston, Texas-based company, released a beverage called "Drank." The commercial product contains no codeine or promethazine, but claims to "Slow Your Roll" with a combination of herbal ingredients such as valerian root and rose hips as well as the hormone melatonin.[27][28] Similar "relaxation" or "anti-energy" drinks on the commercial market use the names "Purple Stuff" and "Sippin Syrup".[29
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 01:17:10 AM »
Raids for cough syrup damn Mobile must be crime free.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 05:53:16 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 09:49:21 AM »
This is the first I have heard about the drank...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 09:59:36 AM »
This is the first I have heard about the drank...

These motherfuckers ain't invented shit.

When I was a sophomore we were chugging Robitussin DM and doing whippits.

Before us fuckers were straining Aqua Velva through bread and drinking it.  

There ain't nothin' new under the sun, just old takes with new spins.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:04:51 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 10:25:48 AM »
Kids ands street folk will think of a zillion ways to ingest drugs, and alcohol.  It's always designed to make the effects stronger, quicker acting, or in the case of "the drank", more palatable, as well as somewhat less noticeable.  IE you can carry a cup of it anywhere, sip it, swig it, or pound it for the desired effect.  Aint nothing new under the sun.  
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 11:00:50 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 10:55:48 AM »
Kids ands street folk will think of a zillion ways to ingest drugs, and alcohol.  It's always designed to make the effects stronger, quicker acting, or in the case of "the drank", more palatable, as well as somewhat noticeable.  IE you can carry a cup of it anywhere, sip it, swig it, or pound it for the desired effect.  Aint nothing new under the sun. 
For example, Jenkem. Google it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 11:03:41 AM »
For example, Jenkem. Google it.

Boy that is somebody who needs their fix when they be drinking the sewage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 11:14:30 AM »
These motherfuckers ain't invented shit.

When I was a sophomore we were chugging Robitussin DM and doing whippits.

Before us fuckers were straining Aqua Velva through bread and drinking it.  

There ain't nothin' new under the sun, just old takes with new spins.

add doing "Special K" to the list. The Rave era has brought many more effective but very dangerous drugs to the forefront.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 11:17:10 AM »
add doing "Special K" to the list. The Rave era has brought many more effective but very dangerous drugs to the forefront.

Survival of the fittest my friend. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2010, 11:39:41 AM »
Survival of the fittest my friend. 

I'm still standin.

$1 to Sir Elton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.