Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Urban Meyer resigns

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Urban Meyer resigns
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2009, 09:15:35 PM »
They must read the X then....because I was watching the same College Football post bowl game talk and I heard them talk about the cyst on his brain, after I'd posted about it.  I also heard Dr. Lou go off on some sort of rabbit trail talking about internet message boards or blogs and how people will post things that aren't true and they aren't held accountable for what they post.

Anyway, more important things....
ESPN reads from the X.

Names being thrown out there:
Coach Bobby Petrino
Coach Kyle Whittingham
Coach Dan Mullens
Coach Charlie Strong
Coach Bob Stoops
Coach Mike Stoops
Yes, because you are the ONLY person other than Meyer that knows about his brain cyst.

Out of the list you gave, I think the most viable is Bob Stoops. UF needs somebody who can step in immediately and say "I'm Bob Stoops, bitch. Commit to me." and immediately calm nerves. Unless they want to make a disaster out of the next few seasons, they better come up with somebody like Stoops. And fast.

I think the only reason Whittingham is being mentioned is because of the connection to Meyer, and their matching philosophy.

I don't think Petrino is enough of a recruiter. Ah, hell, just ask Arky fans.......the man doesn't even need top players from his team's home state.

I just don't think you can give Mullens the keys to a program like UF. MSU, sure. But I think he would need a few more years of proving himself on his own.

Only if you can't get Bob Stoops or another viable option, Charlie Strong might work.

It has taken Mike Stoops 5 years to get a team to a 6-win season. I really don't think he's the man for UF.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 09:17:01 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2009, 09:19:55 PM »
Don't forget Kerwin Bell's moustache.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2009, 09:20:14 PM »
Yes, because you are the ONLY person other than Meyer that knows about his brain cyst.

Out of the list you gave, I think the most viable is Bob Stoops. UF needs somebody who can step in immediately and say "I'm Bob Stoops, bitch. Commit to me." and immediately calm nerves. Unless they want to make a disaster out of the next few seasons, they better come up with somebody like Stoops. And fast.

I think the only reason Whittingham is being mentioned is because of the connection to Meyer, and their matching philosophy.

I don't think Petrino is enough of a recruiter. Ah, hell, just ask Arky fans.......the man doesn't even need top players from his team's home state.

I just don't think you can give Mullens the keys to a program like UF. MSU, sure. But I think he would need a few more years of proving himself on his own.

Only if you can't get Bob Stoops or another viable option, Charlie Strong might work.

It has taken Mike Stoops 5 years to get a team to a 6-win season. I really don't think he's the man for UF.
Here's some names from "da skreets":
Coach Butch Davis
Coach Jim Harbaugh
Coach Mike Shanahan
Coach Tommy Tuberville
Coach Houston Nutt
Coach Nick Sheban
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2009, 09:29:29 PM »
Here's some names from "da skreets":
Coach Butch Davis
Coach Jim Harbaugh
Coach Mike Shanahan
Coach Tommy Tuberville
Coach Houston Nutt
Coach Nick Sheban
Oooooooof course Saban's name is on the list.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2009, 09:30:59 PM »
I think Petrino can do it. Spurrier hated recruiting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2009, 09:56:11 PM »
Da Skreets is already talking, Coach Mullens to UF and that it'll be a done deal a few days after the Sugar Bowl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2009, 10:02:11 PM »
Hope you are right. I'm in the market for a certain JC transfer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2009, 10:02:33 PM »
Da Skreets is already talking, Coach Mullens to UF and that it'll be a done deal a few days after the Sugar Bowl.
If this is true, then it says something about the coaching market right now. Meyer picked a bad time to step down (bad time for UF, that is). All of the coach-swapping, for the most part, is already done. I would be pretty shocked if they brought Mullens back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2009, 10:06:27 PM »
Heavyweights just pay more, market be damned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2009, 10:10:43 PM »
Heavyweights just pay more, market be damned.
Thats what I'm saying though. If you're Florida, and you're going to spend some money, and the best you're going to get is Dan Mullen? There is just something wrong with that picture. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
Rajah, they shouldn't have a problem getting almost anyone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2009, 10:24:37 PM »
Thats what I'm saying though. If you're Florida, and you're going to spend some money, and the best you're going to get is Dan Mullen? There is just something wrong with that picture. 
I don't think Coach Bob Stoops will be on the list, since it's being mentioned...per da skreets...that he is on Jerry Jones' short list to replace Coach Phillips, provided that Dallas doesn't make the Super Bowl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2009, 10:26:17 PM »
When he can get Jimmy Johnson or the Bootlegger's Boy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2009, 10:45:52 PM »
Mullen returning almost seems like a Jimbo Fisher thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2009, 10:47:24 PM »
Word on da' skreets....John Gruden. Okay, my brother in law said it but we were standing on a street at the time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2009, 10:51:24 PM »
Okay...Kaos what does your "sources" say?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2009, 11:05:22 PM »

This guy once beat Bama in the MNC.

This guy cherishes the glory moment of his past: scoring four touchdowns "in a single game" while playing for the fictional Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus fictional Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, “Spare Tire” Dixon (played by Bubba Smith in episode "All-Nite Security Dude").
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2009, 11:09:25 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2009, 12:58:52 AM »

That you don't know shit.  But neither does anybody else at this point. 

I haven't talked to anybody.  
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 01:01:01 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Birmingham

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2009, 06:35:30 AM »
RWS, you and I have two totally different perspectives about Dan Mullen.  I'm not happy he's in the West right now, he has made Miss State significantly better in his first year.  Likewise you can attribute at least a portion of Florida's past success to him, as they weren't as productive on offense without him this year.  I'd be much happier without him out of the SEC all together but he's staying.  Miss State hit it out of the park when they hired him.  Now they just have to figure out how to keep him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions