Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Urban Meyer resigns

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Urban Meyer resigns
« on: December 26, 2009, 06:59:31 PM »
ESPN reporting Urban Meyer resigning as head coach for health reasons after coaching Sugar Bowl.

Wow.

Paging Nick Saban...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

Re: Urban Meyer resigns
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 07:02:08 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 07:02:49 PM »
"Re-evaluating priorities of faith and family... after consultation with FL officials and doctors and family... will step down and focus on family... will remain in FL... working with University"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 07:03:33 PM »
Losing Tebow is going to make him sick.  

Maybe a joke...  Okay, but seriously hope the man is okay.  If it's personal for him, hope the best for him...

Shock..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 07:03:51 PM »
 :jaw:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 07:04:38 PM »
He has a low Tebow count
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 07:04:46 PM »
Sounds like it's him just being worn slap out and he's taking a break.....paging Coach Dan Mullens.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 07:05:21 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 07:05:10 PM »
Dear bleeding jesus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 07:06:00 PM »
 :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 07:06:49 PM »
Let's start the Tuberville to UF rumors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 07:08:17 PM »
Let's start the Tuberville to UF rumors.
I just heard it....just now, from a reliable person off the skreets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2009, 07:14:58 PM »
Paging Nick Saban...
I really don't see that happening. I know its popular for AU fans to just automatically throw Saban's name out there for every coaching opening, but its never even close to being right. I know it gives you guys a warm fuzzy feeling to think Saban might leave, but I really don't think it will happen.

What would want to make him want to go to UF over Alabama? He has everything the way he wants it at Alabama, is making some damn good money, and will be playing in the BCSCG in a few weeks. He has the players he wants, and things are on cruise control right now. At UF? You're replacing ALOT of players on offense and defense, mainly offense. Alot of very talented starters. Unless you just want that big of a rebuilding job on your plate, I don't see where that move makes sense.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Tiger Wench

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2009, 07:19:10 PM »
I really don't see that happening. I know its popular for AU fans to just automatically throw Saban's name out there for every coaching opening, but its never even close to being right. I know it gives you guys a warm fuzzy feeling to think Saban might leave, but I really don't think it will happen.

What would want to make him want to go to UF over Alabama? He has everything the way he wants it at Alabama, is making some damn good money, and will be playing in the BCSCG in a few weeks. He has the players he wants, and things are on cruise control right now. At UF? You're replacing ALOT of players on offense and defense, mainly offense. Alot of very talented starters. Unless you just want that big of a rebuilding job on your plate, I don't see where that move makes sense.

Yeah, absolutely, why would Saban want to leave when he can have all this?

« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 07:19:50 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2009, 07:25:22 PM »
Yeah, absolutely, why would Saban want to leave when he can have all this?
I'll take that as "point taken".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2009, 07:26:52 PM »
Remember Coach Meyer had to go to the Hospital after the SEC Championship Game, supposedly for dehydration.  But, I've heard...from the skreets, of course....that he has been throwing up on the sidelines during some games this past year and that he has some sort of cyst on his brain that causes migraines and I'm guessing causes him to throw up if his blood pressure gets too high.  So yeah, it's definitely health related and he's probably just worn slap out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2009, 07:47:27 PM »
Remember Coach Meyer had to go to the Hospital after the SEC Championship Game, supposedly for dehydration.  But, I've heard...from the skreets, of course....that he has been throwing up on the sidelines during some games this past year and that he has some sort of cyst on his brain that causes migraines and I'm guessing causes him to throw up if his blood pressure gets too high.  So yeah, it's definitely health related and he's probably just worn slap out.
By "skreets", you mean ESPN.....because they are sitting there talking about his cyst on his brain and whatnot.

Also, Lou Holtz just said "bitch and moan" on live TV. Awesomeness.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 07:51:46 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2009, 07:58:38 PM »
Also, Lou Holtz just said "bitch and moan" on live TV. Awesomeness.
That made me laugh out loud.  Those were the only distinct words in the entire sentence - I have no idea what he was talking about, but I heard the bitch and moan part... then something about someone having an affair while they took their kids for ice cream and someone else writing about it... then something about pink ponies and choo choo trains...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2009, 08:12:10 PM »
According to ESPN, their sources tell them Meyer has been diagnosed with some sort of heart muscle defect. They say it is not life threatening.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2009, 08:19:36 PM »
The comment earlier in the day re: to a CB tackling a receiver before a pass was thrown was a zinger too.

Dr. Lou quickly chimed that there was more contact there than the Cirque de Solieu   (sp?)

Apparently the good doctor has been putting in some extra time during the lull brushing up on some new material.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2009, 08:57:50 PM »
By "skreets", you mean ESPN.....because they are sitting there talking about his cyst on his brain and whatnot.

They must read the X then....because I was watching the same College Football post bowl game talk and I heard them talk about the cyst on his brain, after I'd posted about it.  I also heard Dr. Lou go off on some sort of rabbit trail talking about internet message boards or blogs and how people will post things that aren't true and they aren't held accountable for what they post.

Anyway, more important things....
ESPN reads from the X.

Names being thrown out there:
Coach Bobby Petrino
Coach Kyle Whittingham
Coach Dan Mullens
Coach Charlie Strong
Coach Bob Stoops
Coach Mike Stoops
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions