Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Corndogs Sure Know How to Make an Argument

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
Re: The Corndogs Sure Know How to Make an Argument
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 10:17:14 PM »
The video evidence is not as clear as the whos want it to be. The mark on the ground was from his right foot (no catch yet) then his left foot (when he catches the ball) makes no mark and no dirt is kicked up. The video does not show a catch and a foot in bounds. Sadly the call did not go for the barn I mean LSU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 07:52:29 AM »
How on the hell does a school invest millions upon millions of dollars into stadium upgrades (albeit a shit hole dump) and have major "malfunctions" of the visitors sideline communications gear and then replay equipment during the only 2 home games that mean anything?

We should fuck with bammers headsets when they come down to JHS.
I don't see how a headset conspiracy would have benefited us in the UT game. Our OC is in the booth, and their DC is on the field. We were on offense first, so I'm not really seeing how that helps us. I think we went 3 and out that series, for that matter.

I don't see how the replay booth being down with us on offense would really help us either. I mean, lets just go ahead and forget that the stadium is undergoing renovation and having an addition put on it. We're definitely cheating.

And as for the corndogs crying? See Argo's post on the first page of this thread. Like I was saying earlier, its all OK when it benefits your team. I didn't see them crying when them knocking Keith Brown down in the end zone sealed the game for them. I didn't see you guys bitching in '06. Its all good when it benefits your team. Do you really expect other fanbases to feel any different? Sure, I think the INT and the spear were bad calls. Maybe Julio touched the ball while out of bounds before Peterson had possession. Consider the following rule:

Rule 4-2 Article 3: “a. A ball not in player possession, other than a kick that scores a field goal, is out of bounds when it touches the ground, a player [JULIO JONES], a game official or anything else that is on or outside a boundary line. … c. If a live ball not in player possession crosses a boundary line and then is declared out of bounds, it is out of bounds at the crossing point.”

It looks like they both touch it at the same time, as Julio's foot is out of bounds. That would make it a dead ball. In one of those pics, it certainly looks as if Julio is out of bounds and touches the ball as Peterson touches it. But still, I can see it as a bad call. It can go both ways because 3-4 different rules come into play. As I've said before, I wish they would have just given LSU the damn ball.

The 4th and inches thing, please. Are we going to squabble over a few inches? Seriously? And for the forward progress, if you actually watched it in real time, the LSU player was already jumping backwards on his own before the Alabama player hit him, as he was trying to dodge the hit. Thats why you're not going to get forward progress on that. I called that one when it happened just the same as I called the INT an actual INT when it happened.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:30:41 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 11:42:35 AM »
It was an interception. PLain and simple.  Replay exists to get the call right.  They blew it.  Whether it really affected the game, no one will ever know.  But they flat out blew the call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 01:21:44 PM »
If you can make a determination from the grey blur in that photo, confirming wholio indeed touched the ball at the same time as the defender then someone in that precinct needs to grant you a promotion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 07:12:28 PM »
The video evidence is not as clear as the whos want it to be. The mark on the ground was from his right foot (no catch yet) then his left foot (when he catches the ball) makes no mark and no dirt is kicked up. The video does not show a catch and a foot in bounds. Sadly the call did not go for the barn I mean LSU.
I don't care how many times you keep trying to tell yourself that it wasn't an interception, but Peterson had control of the ball when his Left foot was touching the green....even kicking up the grass.  Then his Right foot came down, inbounds...again kicking up the grass, as Peterson had control of the ball as it was tucked in his right arm.  Go back and watch the replay for yourself, this time, with your eyes open.

Here ya go dumbass, remember Eyes Open:

« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 07:18:00 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

No Huddle

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 10:27:59 PM »
Prowler I do appreciate your work and efforts but I can't see enough evidence to overturn the call on the field
 :poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 09:24:00 AM »
Prowler I do appreciate your work and efforts but I can't see enough evidence to overturn the call on the field
 :poke:
At least admit that at 22 seconds, his outside foot dug up the dirt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 11:14:15 AM »
At least admit that at 22 seconds, his outside foot dug up the dirt.

No doubt it did dig into the ground and make that divet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 11:29:04 AM »
No doubt it did dig into the ground and make that divet.
You thought differently in the other thread, but glad you came around.

No possession at the time of foot drag. This was the right foot. The refs were looking to see if the left foot was down. No evidence. Let it go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 11:36:54 AM »
You thought differently in the other thread, but glad you came around.

I did not even think an out route is to the sidelines. Got it dude outside foot to the sidelines. OK I did not see his outside foot touch the ground but his inside foot did in fact touch the ground and make the divot. If you want to disregard my argument because I am a dummy I understand. I also noticed I spelled divot wrong the first time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 11:55:03 AM »
Are we still fucking talking about this :suicide:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 12:10:44 PM »
Are we still fucking talking about this :suicide:
Of course. This is every Auburn fan's asterick for this year's Alabama team. If Alabama does somehow win the SECCG, this is your security blanket. This is what you can wrap yourself in to say "If it weren't for this, Alabama wouldn't be shit this season". This is every AU fan's way of justifying their pre-season positions that Alabama wouldn't do shit this season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 01:50:28 PM »
Of course. This is every Auburn fan's asterick for this year's Alabama team. If Alabama does somehow win the SECCG, this is your security blanket. This is what you can wrap yourself in to say "If it weren't for this, Alabama wouldn't be shit this season". This is every AU fan's way of justifying their pre-season positions that Alabama wouldn't do shit this season. 
I think you care to much what we think. I think some one secretly clamors to be part of an AU family ;)

I could care less about the LSU game, do I think it was an interception, hell yeah. Do I think it would have mattered, we will never know.  Do I think if the call was switched around you guys wouldn't be screaming at the top of your lungs as well....I know you would, we would be too.  Sometimes I think you forget this is an Auburn board of course we are going to argue and clamor it is our job as rival fans.  Most of us want bama to lose every single one of their games we really don't care how.  Be-careful in how you use every, because that is not the case, in fact most of us figured bama would be good this season.  I personally did not expect bama to be as good as you have been, because you had question marks at QB and OL.  However that's why the games are played, you also have 4 more games left and I would like to see how it plays out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 04:49:03 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2009, 07:29:15 PM »
LOL, got it now.  I thought that was suppose to be a red star....Yup, assterick season.  Got 13?  Neither does SPuat, Peterson intercepted the ball but "for $ome rea$on" it wa$ ruled incomplete by the "replay" official$.  Everyone knows LSU would've driven down the field, with their backup QB and RB....Cody would've been hitting the oxygen tank by the seventh play of that drive.  So yup, assterick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs