Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Corndogs are up to it again.......

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: The Corndogs are up to it again.......
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 12:44:15 PM »
I can remember back in HS, our coaches did something is why Im thinking this. We were about to play a big rivalry team, of which decided who would take top seat. We were more of a mixed school of different races playing a school that had a problem with that. During the pep-rally, it seemed that we had some visitors from our rivals that dropped notes in our lockers with the intent to really piss people off. Mostly racial slurs. Well, it exploded from there. The opposing team fans were talking of KKK and all this crap. When we got to their stadium, it was like were fixing to march on MLK day right through town. The stadium announcer come on the loud speaker telling folks that they couldnt leave the gates till after the game was over for fear of people getting hurt in the parking lots. When we came back out at halftime, on our sidelines from one goal line to the other was black dudes dressed in all black like it was a clip from "Boyz in da Hood". Apparently some of the guys on our team called some cousins in B'ham which called some cousins, which called some cousins, which......I'll have to admit, I was scared. Anyway, we won.
About 10 years later and our HC at the time had moved on to coach in Tennessee, we found out that it was our own HC and staff that put those damn notes on our freakin lockers. They had no idea though that it was going to escalate.
Sounds sort of like this, doesn't it?

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/oct/05/taylor-letters-from-ut-fans-motivated-auburn/

Auburn had plenty of motivation to beat Tennessee last Saturday, thanks to some Volunteer fans who went trash-talking via the postal service.

"There were several notes that were sent to us from Tennessee fans, especially to me," Auburn receivers coach Trooper Taylor said on the News Sentinel's radio show, The Sports Page, on Monday. "Coach (Gene) Chizik's and my mailbox were full.

"I've got one letter here. It's on my desk right now. Somebody tried to make it like it was Lane Kiffin sending it to me. It said 'You should have joined the most elite staff in the country while you had the chance. We will beat your - you know what - this weekend.'"

Taylor, who coached at UT from 2004 to 2007, said the card was signed by someone evidently impersonating Kiffin and UT junior safety Eric Berry.

Taylor said the point spread also motivated his team. UT was a two-point favorite despite a 2-2 record coming into the game. Auburn was 4-0.

"Obviously it was (motivation)," Taylor said. "We put that up (on the bulletin board)."

Taylor, however, maintained that winning on Saturday wasn't significantly special just because he coached at UT.

"It's better to win, period," he said. "I don't want to lose at all."

Taylor said the game was emotional because of all the relationships he still has among the Vols.

"It was tough because of the relationships but it was good because I got to see those guys," Taylor said.

Taylor said several Vols came over and talked to him before the game.

"They were giving me the blues," Taylor said with a chuckle. "But it was all in good fun."

The win against UT vaulted Auburn into the Top 25 for the first time this season. The Tigers are ranked 17th in the Associated Press Poll and 19th in the USA Today coaches' poll.

"It's huge because everybody wants respect and everybody wants to reap the benefits of their hard work," Taylor said. "This team, I think, deserves to be there. It's exciting for our program."

Just sayin....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 02:12:05 PM »
I don't know. It's one thing to get mail/email at work, I email Jerry Jones right before every draft telling him to get a QB, and right after dogcussing him because he didn't. It's quite another to get calls on your personal cell.

That being said, if I had the lsu AD's home number....I'd be dialing.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 02:22:25 PM by AUsweetheart »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 02:19:46 PM »
Sounds sort of like this, doesn't it?

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/oct/05/taylor-letters-from-ut-fans-motivated-auburn/

Just sayin....

Yeah, sort of. If thats the case, well it worked both times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 03:18:49 PM »
BTW, hate to hijack here, but the whole JPW/LSU thing reminded me; what the FUCK is up with all of these stupid excessive celebration penalties this season. AJ Green gets flagged for doing nothing. Charles Scott scores and can point at fans and jump around in the end zone. Thats perfectly fine. There have been many other penalties like this called as well, most of them completely horrible calls. I mean, are these kids not allowed to have any sort of fun or what?

Mike Slive reads teh message boards.

SEC says Georgia got raw deal on celebration call
By PAUL NEWBERRY, AP Sports Writer
Oct 5, 7:30 pm EDT

ATLANTA (AP)—No foul.

The Southeastern Conference said Monday that Georgia receiver A.J. Green should not have been penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct after his late touchdown against No. 4 LSU, a flag that cost the Bulldogs crucial yards on the ensuing kickoff.

Georgia had to kick off from its own 15, and Trindon Holliday returned it 40 yards into Bulldogs territory. Two plays later, Charles Scott broke off a 33-yard run that gave the Tigers a 20-13 victory.

Rogers Redding, the SEC’s coordinator of officials, said a video review of the play from a different angle than the official had showed Green didn’t do anything improper after making a brilliant catch on a 16-yard touchdown pass, which gave Georgia a 13-12 lead with 1:09 remaining.

“The video doesn’t support what the official called,” Redding said. “He was celebrating with his teammates, which is fine. The officials were trying to herd them up and get them to the sideline, and what the official reacted to was the player coming out from that group of teammates and making what appeared to be a gesture to the crowd.”

From a different angle, Redding said, it appeared the player merely stumbled while trying to separate himself from the group, which back judge Michael Watson interpreted as Green gesturing to the Sanford Stadium crowd—a no-no under college football’s strict unsportsmanlike conduct rule.

“They were high-fiving and bouncing around,” the SEC coordinator said. “What I didn’t see was any action on the part of the player in question to demonstrate to the fans or draw any kind of special attention to himself.”

Redding said the blown call would be treated like any other—a chance to educate the officials so they’ll get it right the next time. He wouldn’t comment on whether any disciplinary action was planned against Watson, saying the SEC never discusses those issues publicly.

Green said all along he didn’t do anything wrong. While the officials had nothing to do with Georgia allowing the long kickoff return to Holliday or failing to wrap up Scott when he appeared to be stopped at the line on the winning TD, Watson’s call has rekindled debate about whether the unsportsmanlike conduct rule is too harsh.

“I was just celebrating with my team,” Green said.

In the past few years, the NCAA rules committee has tightened up the unsportsmanlike conduct rule already on the books in an attempt to prevent players from taunting opponents or drawing attention to themselves with extended celebrations. It bans such things as interacting with the fans, going into the crowd or throwing the ball.

Two other such calls were made in the LSU-Georgia game, including one on Scott after his winning TD.

Redding said his video review of the other penalties showed they were both justified, though Scott said he was merely pointing at the sky to give credit “to the Lord”—not gesturing toward the crowd.

Even Florida coach Urban Meyer, whose top-ranked team faces LSU on Saturday night, took issue with the flag on Green.

“That’s just awful,” Meyer told reporters in Gainesville, Fla. “I can’t stand that when then happens. I just think that’s wrong.”

AP Sports Writers Mark Long in Gainesville, Fla., and Brett Martel in Baton Route, La., contributed to this report.

I'd be barkin' like a dawg if I was a thUGA fan.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-sec-celebrationpenalty&prov=ap&type=lgns
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 03:27:16 PM »
Green did nothing wrong.  He scored and was mobbed by his offensive teammates. 

Charles Scott did nothing wrong either(In my view, probably not by the rule) and I have no doubt that was a make up call.  I would imagine that after the call on UGA, the refs said, "What the fuck did we just do?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 04:35:56 PM »
I think there are some corndogs that work for cell phone companies that are willing to take some risks, or some guys in law enforcement with access to LexisNexis. They are consistantly able to get players' and coaches cell phone numbers. They were blowing up JPW's phone last season.

BTW, hate to hijack here, but the whole JPW/LSU thing reminded me; what the phuk is up with all of these stupid excessive celebration penalties this season. AJ Green gets flagged for doing nothing. Charles Scott scores and can point at fans and jump around in the end zone. Thats perfectly fine. There have been many other penalties like this called as well, most of them completely horrible calls. I mean, are these kids not allowed to have any sort of fun or what?

Yeah tis true. BUT.........big BUT........who is to say LSU would not have won anyway (and most likely they would have). I mean, without the penalty, didnt LSU have it almost at midfield anyway after the 40 yard return by Holliday? A FG wins it....just saying. GA fans complaining how they were "robbed" reaks rotten ass to me. Its all hypothetical and a HUGE stretch. I think you Bama fans are actually a LOT better at taking your lumps than Uggers. Ga is the excuse school - "If that one pass had done this...", "If that one penalty had not been called", or  equivalent. Blah blah blah, Ga stole so many games in the early 2000's by way of luck plays, this is just karma anyway. They need to take their losses like a man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 04:42:29 PM »
What if you have a pair of nuttz on your chin?

I'm just glad that at my age, my Nuttz still work
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 05:31:25 PM »
I can remember back in HS, our coaches did something is why Im thinking this. We were about to play a big rivalry team, of which decided who would take top seat. We were more of a mixed school of different races playing a school that had a problem with that. During the pep-rally, it seemed that we had some visitors from our rivals that dropped notes in our lockers with the intent to really piss people off. Mostly racial slurs. Well, it exploded from there. The opposing team fans were talking of KKK and all this crap. When we got to their stadium, it was like were fixing to march on MLK day right through town. The stadium announcer come on the loud speaker telling folks that they couldnt leave the gates till after the game was over for fear of people getting hurt in the parking lots. When we came back out at halftime, on our sidelines from one goal line to the other was black dudes dressed in all black like it was a clip from "Boyz in da Hood". Apparently some of the guys on our team called some cousins in B'ham which called some cousins, which called some cousins, which......I'll have to admit, I was scared. Anyway, we won.
About 10 years later and our HC at the time had moved on to coach in Tennessee, we found out that it was our own HC and staff that put those damn notes on our freakin lockers. They had no idea though that it was going to escalate.
Was your Coach Herman Boone and where you at first mad that black people joined your football team, only to become great friends with one of them, and then get in a horrifying car accident while trying to show off... paralyzing you for the rest of your life?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 06:50:38 PM »
I think there are some corndogs that work for cell phone companies that are willing to take some risks, or some guys in law enforcement with access to LexisNexis. They are consistantly able to get players' and coaches cell phone numbers. They were blowing up JPW's phone last season.

BTW, hate to hijack here, but the whole JPW/LSU thing reminded me; what the FUCK is up with all of these stupid excessive celebration penalties this season. AJ Green gets flagged for doing nothing. Charles Scott scores and can point at fans and jump around in the end zone. Thats perfectly fine. There have been many other penalties like this called as well, most of them completely horrible calls. I mean, are these kids not allowed to have any sort of fun or what?
Scott was flagged too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2009, 06:56:03 PM »
Yeah tis true. BUT.........big BUT........who is to say LSU would not have won anyway (and most likely they would have). I mean, without the penalty, didnt LSU have it almost at midfield anyway after the 40 yard return by Holliday? A FG wins it....just saying. GA fans complaining how they were "robbed" reaks rotten ass to me. Its all hypothetical and a HUGE stretch. I think you Bama fans are actually a LOT better at taking your lumps than Uggers. Ga is the excuse school - "If that one pass had done this...", "If that one penalty had not been called", or  equivalent. Blah blah blah, Ga stole so many games in the early 2000's by way of luck plays, this is just karma anyway. They need to take their losses like a man.

No way to know how it would have turned out had there been no penalty on Green...however...

Forcing UGA to kick off so deep from their own territory is giving Trindon Holliday an added advantage.  It's like giving an excellent passing QB a 12th or 13th player on the field to help pass protect for him.  UGA had to kick it as far as they could since a FG would win the game for LSU which meant Holliday would get a shot at returning it on a short field.  The officials helping LSU by giving them a better shot at winning potentially hurts one or more of the other 5 teams in the West when it comes to representing the West in the SECCG or earning a better bowl berth if the standings are close or tied at the end of November.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 06:57:29 PM by GenNormanSwinekopf »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 07:49:16 PM »
Bottom line, the refs took it out of the players hands and became the game themselves.  Total bullshit call on both plays.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2009, 09:42:50 PM »
IMO

THIS+=
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 11:10:18 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2009, 11:02:51 PM »
I email Jerry Jones right before every draft telling him to get a QB, and right after dogcussing him because he didn't.
Tell him you'll send him a fifty dollar bill if he drafts a decent QB - ole Jer don't do nothing lessin there's money in it for him.  He is the single biggest piece of money grubbing white trash in professional sports.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 06:29:21 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2009, 08:48:09 AM »
IMO....

THIS+=
I hope not, cause I think Richt sucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2009, 09:18:57 AM »
Scott was flagged too.
No, he wasn't. The announcers even did a replay of what Green did and then a replay of what Scott did and then started asking "Where's the flag? Why flag Green but Scott does this and no flag?". I don't think either of them did anything wrong. I have no problems whatsoever with guys celebrating, as long as it doesn't turn into taunting. My issue is with how spotty this is being called. For example, during one game this season, after a  Trent Richardson touchdown, some teammates met him in the end zone and some chest bumps were exchanged. It drew a flag. Now, later in a game, a tackle was made by the opposition and the defender jumps up, jumps around beating his chest. No flag there. I think the same type of thing has happened to AU this season as well.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 09:20:04 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2009, 09:21:02 AM »
No, he wasn't. The announcers even did a replay of what Green did and then a replay of what Scott did and then started asking "Where's the flag? Why flag Green but Scott does this and no flag?". I don't think either of them did anything wrong. I have no problems whatsoever with guys celebrating, as long as it doesn't turn into taunting. My issue is with how spotty this is being called. For example, during one game this season, after a  Trent Richardson touchdown, some teammates met him in the end zone and some chest bumps were exchanged. It drew a flag. Now, later in a game, a tackle was made by the opposition and the defender jumps up, jumps around beating his chest. No flag there. I think the same type of thing has happened to AU this season as well.

Yes he was. Scott pointed his hands up to the sky and he was flagged for it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2009, 09:25:02 AM »
Yes he was. Scott pointed his hands up to the sky and he was flagged for it...
^^^This^^^

The difference was that LSU's kicker smashed teh hell out of the ball and kick coverage team only allowed about a 5-10 yard return.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2009, 10:04:24 AM »
I think the same type of thing has happened to AU this season as well.

Yea I saw Trooper do it, not get flagged, and then drop the N word.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2009, 10:50:11 AM »
Yea I saw Trooper do it, not get flagged, and then drop the N word.

Oh...Naggers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions