Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

TICK TOCK

TICK TOCK
« on: June 10, 2009, 01:47:38 PM »
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20090610/NEWS/906109984/1007?Title=Ruling-on-textbook-violations-expected-today

By Cecil Hurt Sports Editor
Published: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at 12:19 p.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at 12:19 p.m.
TUSCALOOSA | University of Alabama officials expect to receive a ruling on its textbook case from the NCAA Committee on Infractions today, sources close to UA said on Wednesday morning.

Although UA should know the final dispensation of the case today, University officials are prohibited by NCAA rules from commenting before the NCAA releases its findings to the media through its Indianapolis office.

Under NCAA Bylaw 32.9.2, “(the) Committee on Infractions' public announcement related to an infractions case shall be made available to the national wire services and other media outlets. In this regard, the involved institution and/or any involved individuals shall be advised of the text of the announcement prior to its release and shall be requested not to comment publicly concerning the case prior to the time the NCAA's public announcement is released.”

UA officials appeared before the Committee on Infractions on February 21 regarding allegations of extra benefits (in the form of textbooks and other academic material) and a “failure to monitor” its textbook program.

The official release of the COI decision comes from NCAA headquarters in Indianapolis. The NCAA will release the report to media members (including the national wire services) and post the full report on its web site after UA officials confirm that Alabama has received a copy of the report and notified any directly involved parties of its contents.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
Re: TICK TOCK
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 01:50:34 PM »
Is today gonna be a great day?

:popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 01:50:53 PM »
what investigation?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 02:01:57 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 02:14:11 PM »
Looks like AUChizad has hit the nail on the head when it comes to how I'm preparing myself for the NCAA sentencing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 02:19:50 PM »
tap....ow....now don't do that again.

That's about all I expect.  No conspiracy theory crap here.  I've just never seen the big deal on this thing from the start. If they were to hit em' hard, I don't know how I could give any of my Bama friends hell about it.

BWAHAHA...ha...ha....umm...that's what you get...you dirty...evil textbook cheater..type bad people...you.  Ha ha.  So there.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 02:21:10 PM »
Tick tick

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 03:34:48 PM »
tap....ow....now don't do that again.

That's about all I expect.  No conspiracy theory crap here.  I've just never seen the big deal on this thing from the start. If they were to hit em' hard, I don't know how I could give any of my Bama friends hell about it.

BWAHAHA...ha...ha....umm...that's what you get...you dirty...evil textbook cheater..type bad people...you.  Ha ha.  So there.

It'd be easy.

You say:

"So the NCAA tells you that you're staring down the barrel of a gun and that any more infractions will lead to the death penalty, and you dumbasses don't dot every i and cross every t in your athletic department?  You couldn't even keep a check on books?  You morons don't deserve to have athletics until you revamp your entire organization."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 03:37:55 PM »
It'd be easy.

You say:

"So the NCAA tells you that you're staring down the barrel of a gun and that any more infractions will lead to the death penalty, and you dumbasses don't dot every i and cross every t in your athletic department?  You couldn't even keep a check on books?  You morons don't deserve to have athletics until you revamp your entire organization."

The reality is that their response will probably resemble Hussein's response to North Korea.  "Don't you do that again, now."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 04:58:41 PM »
I can't wait for tomorrow for this shit to be done with. I think football will be relatively unscathed. Can't say the same for some other sports, though.

If you believe the rumors in teh intrawebs, a few people on a few different boards who are usually dead on say we will be back on probation, no scholarship losses for football. Also probably some forfeitures from the 06 and 07 season as well. The 08 season will be untouched, obviously. Thats internet message boards though, so really we don't know. The letter is in at UA, so some folks in the AD know what the penalty is. I doubt they announce it until sometime afternoon, but if people in the AD know word is bound to get out. We shall see.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:15:18 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 05:03:38 PM »
It'd be easy.

You say:

I could understand if something major had happened, paying a player again, etc. But we're talking about a bunch of hourly wage employees at the bookstore fucking up and like 5 football players manipulating the system and getting some extra textbooks for themselves or their friends. School books. Holy. Shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 05:23:00 PM »
I could understand if something major had happened, paying a player again, etc. But we're talking about a bunch of hourly wage employees at the bookstore fucking up and like 5 football players manipulating the system and getting some extra textbooks for themselves or their friends. School books. Holy. Shit.

You might be right scissors, but I find it truly amazing that Bammers completely and utterly IGNORE the fact that they're in the repeat offender window.  They completely IGNORE what the NCAA asked for when it came to information requested in the letter (that was posted for everyone to read).

Now, I don't doubt that this isn't going to be some apocolyptical event for Bama football, but it sure as shit isn't "just some hourly wage employees and football players manipulating shit" in an isolated event.  That's common sense, no matter what you have to tell yourself to make you feel better about it.

My prediction, is that there will be around 2-3 scholly's for two years lost in football, a few possible wins vacated and the probation extended for 2+ years.   As that happens, you sure as shit better hope that ALL of the other rumors are in fact, just that.  However, WAY too much smoke I believe...

We shall see though...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:27:30 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 05:27:39 PM »
Also probably some forfeitures from the 06 and 07 season as well. The 08 season will be untouched, obviously.
Oh man, how will they recover from a few wins shaved off of their .500 seasons?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:31:50 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 05:29:29 PM »
Oh man, how will they recover from a few wins shaved off of their .500 seasons?

They don't care.  They've had crutin' champeenchips.   :eyeroll:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 05:43:59 PM »
My prediction, is that there will be around 2-3 scholly's for two years lost in football, a few possible wins vacated and the probation extended for 2+ years.   

I haven't commented yet on this, but I agree with AC 2.0 as well.  They will lose a couple of scholly's for a couple of years, and have to keep their shit together for 2 or 3 years. 

I think that anyone who thinks they are going to hammer SPUAT is mostly wishful thinking.  I will believe the other rumors when I see proof, and that means more than someone at ITAT or Das Bunker posting it on the premium board. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 08:53:31 AM »
Paul Dee says fuck all of you and your predictions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 10:18:54 AM »
However, WAY too much smoke I believe...

We shall see though...
Again, when AU fans are the ones running the smoke machine, of course there will be a shitload of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions