Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Acht

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Acht
« on: Today at 03:01:31 PM »
Gotta’ say, if you love college football, and didn’t like the games this past Saturday, you bettah check yo pulse, cause you may be dead. From Bama having to hang on for dear life, to USC/Penn State deciding it in overtime, to the same for Ole Miss/LSU and Florida/Tennessee, and the Ducks taking down THE Ohio State University.  There were plenty more, but suffice it to say, the remote got some work in this weekend. We’ve got some juicy match ups again on Saturday.

Last week, I was 3 of 4.  I predicted:

Texas over Oklahoma 35-17  (34-3)
Tennessee over Florida  28-21 (23-17)
LSU over Ole Miss  35-31 (29-26)
Kentucky over Vandy 24-20 (Vandy 20-13)

Alabama @ Tennessee: (Bama -3)  Honestly, I have no idea what to think of this one.  Early in the season, both these teams looked scary good at times.  Bama won a wild one with FUGA, then laid the egg at Vandy, and barely pinched one off versus the Cocks.  The Hawgs burst that Vol bubble, and then the Fighting Cheetos jumped on the skruggle bus and eeked one out against Gusty Gaytah.  Although, I still think Florida is a little better than people think. Bama has flaws. The Vols play solid D.  I’m going with Rocky Top.

Tennessee:  24

Alabama:  21

FUGA @ Texas: (UT -4) FUGA does not impress me this year.  Even though the end score wasn’t that close at 31-13, if we had any clue as to how to finish drives, or if we had a QB, we could have taken that game.  FUGA gave up an ass load of points against lowly MSU, despite Kirby trying to take out the Bulldogs QB with a cross body block.  The Horns have looked like the #1 team from the start.  This one is in Austin, and I think with an opponent like FUGA coming in, Texas will be looking to put it’s stamp on the SEC.  I don’t think this one is close.

Texas:  38

FUGA:  21

Auburn @ Missouri: (Mizzou -4.5) Missouri has flat out made a living off barely scraping by the last season and a half.  To their credit, they’ve found a way to pull game after game out dat ass. It all came crashing down this past Saturday, as this was not one of the nail biters mentioned above.  This one was over early and often in Aggie Land at 41-10.  Auburn comes in after a bye week, and hopefully, with some new wrinkles and fresh legs.  As I said, despite putting up some pretty decent yardage numbers all through the season, this team simply can’t finish enough drives.  Whether it be interceptions, fumbles or crucial penalties, they always seem to shoot themselves in the foot.  I say that shipth gets corrected Saturday.  My wishful thinking?

Auburn:  28

Missouri:  24

Fell free to opine, talk amongst yourselves, or generally just bugger off
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Acht
« Reply #1 on: Today at 03:29:39 PM »
Fading all your picks except TX.

Bama's demise is being prematurely reported and UTenn ain't what we've been sold.

Auburn is going to continue shitting down its leg until further notice. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:56:21 PM »
Fading all your picks except TX.

Bama's demise is being prematurely reported and UTenn ain't what we've been sold.

Auburn is going to continue shitting down its leg until further notice.

Someone I work with was all giddy at the perception that "Bama has fallen".

I responded in kind with, "They'll back their way into the championship game & will win the whole damn thing. Just like Auburn has to prove me wrong by winning, the cousin lovers are going to have to prove me wrong by losing."

This is the miserable truth.  They have been a perennial powerhouse since their 2008 turnaround.  They have a winning culture that instills belief in their players in the biggest moments.  All while our football program has a bad case of the yips in those crucial game changing opportunities. 

Agree with your rebuttal of the tall man's picks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:33:55 PM »
Someone I work with was all giddy at the perception that "Bama has fallen".

I responded in kind with, "They'll back their way into the championship game & will win the whole damn thing. Just like Auburn has to prove me wrong by winning, the cousin lovers are going to have to prove me wrong by losing."

This is the miserable truth.  They have been a perennial powerhouse since their 2008 turnaround.  They have a winning culture that instills belief in their players in the biggest moments.  All while our football program has a bad case of the yips in those crucial game changing opportunities. 

Agree with your rebuttal of the tall man's picks.

Non-believers.  You do not understand, therefore; you doubt.  However, my plan will come to fruition, and you will humbly kneel at the feet of Tall Man.

Okay, more like Obese Boy, but you get the picture.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."