Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Sette

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Sette
« on: October 08, 2024, 12:03:16 PM »
With Auburn being off, maybe there will be nothing to complain about this week, and we can kick back and revel in everybody else’s misery.  The only thing I’m stressing over this weekend is what’s going on the grill, and the sides that go with it. Not a half bad slate of football contests.  Let’s get to it.

Open Date @ Auburn: (Open Date -6) If we can keep the turnovers and penalties to a minimum, I think we cover here.

Open Date:  14

Auburn:  10

Texas @ Oklahoma: (Texas -14.5)  Big number for this one in the Red River Shootout.  The frustrating thing for us War Eagles, is we had the OU game well in hand before it all fell apart.  The Sooners were not impressive to me in any way.  The Longhorns are one of a small handful of teams who have looked the part from the start.  I’ll take the Cows with pointy things on their heads.

Texas:  35

Oklahoma:  17

Florida @ Tennessee: (Tenn -15.5) After Arkansas made the Vols look very vulnerable, and pedestrian, I look at the 15.5 points as a yuge number.  However, the Vegas boys know waaayyy more about it than I do. Gusty Gaytah enters a brutal stretch of games here, and while this Saturday might prove me wrong, I don’t think Florida is as bad as everybody makes them out to be.  This is normally a knock down, drag out affair.  I’ll go with the Vols at home

Tennessee:  28

Florida: 21

Ole Miss @ LSU: (OM -3) Honestly, I had no idea that LSU was up to #13 in the country.  Ole Miss was getting all the love early, with some saying they might win the SEC outright.  Then, Kentucky came calling and put a physical ass whoopin’ on the Landshark Bears.  Ole Miss came out of that match up with a ton of injuries, but then promptly strolled into Sakerlina and beat the Cocks like me in my room with a Farrah Fawcett poster. Still, I’m taking the Tigers from Baton Rude.

LSU:  35

Ole Miss:  31

Vanderbilt @ Kentucky: (UK -13.5)  The 13.5 jumps off the page after Vandy’s win over the mighty Tahd.  The Dores’ game plan against The Whimpering DeeBoars, was flawless. Forget the score.  Forget Jose Juan San Diego Pavia playing like a magician out there.  The most impressive stat was Vandy keeping the ball for 42:48 to Bama’s 17:52.  Kentucky had their, “everything go wrong” game at USCe.  Other than that game, the Cats D has given up 0-13-6 and 17 points.  Can’t count out Alejandro Ruiz Pavia here, but I’m going with the Cats at home, with a far more disciplined D.

Kentucky:  24

Vanderbilt:  20

Feel free to opine, talk amongst yourselves, or just bugger off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Sette
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2024, 12:05:59 PM »
You really think Open is held to only 14?  I mean, they do play the toughest schedule in the country.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2024, 12:18:30 PM »
You really think Open is held to only 14?  I mean, they do play the toughest schedule in the country.

Have you seen Open's injury list?  Not sure how they're fielding a team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2024, 02:11:10 PM »
Have you seen Open's injury list?  Not sure how they're fielding a team.

Duh! Through the portal , Silly!

Haven't you heard, you can build a championship team through the portal. Open's coach just sucks!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2024, 02:37:11 PM »
1. South Carolina @ 7 Alabama (-21.5)
Pick: It's a lot of points but I am taking Alabama to cover. South Carolina has struggled against elite competition this season, and Alabama’s defense can cause problems if they can maintain discipline. Despite Alabama’s offensive inconsistencies, the talent gap suggests they should take care of business here especially coming off a humiliating loss and being at home. Wonder if DeBoer will wear the right shirt? 

2. 1 Texas (-14) @ Oklahoma
Pick: Oklahoma to cover (+14) This is the Red River Rivalry, a game often closer than expected. Oklahoma has shown resilience and is much improved this season. Expect a close contest, even if Texas wins.

3. Florida @ 8 Tennessee (-15.5)
Pick: Florida to cover, Tennessee wins though. Tennessee is a strong team, but 15.5 is a big spread for any serious SEC rivalry. Florida’s defense has been solid since that Miami loss, and they could keep the game within two scores, even if Tennessee wins.

4. 2 Ohio State (-3.5) @ 3 Oregon
Pick: I want to pick Oregon here because of the home field advantage. However, they have struggled to generate offense at times and the defense has shown issues lesser talented teams than Ohio State have exploited. I don't think the Buckeyes can blow them out of Autzen, and think there's a good chance the Ducks could cover, but I also don't trust Dan Lanning not to make a call that puts his team in a bad spot leading to the go away score for the opponent. Ohio State wins, covers, scatters, and smothers. Word to the mutha.

5. 9 Ole Miss (-2.5) @ 13 LSU
Pick: Taking LSU here. Yes, Ole Miss has been a little more consistent, and LSU has shown weaknesses on defense, but at home at night in Red Stick, I'll take the Tigers to pull the slight upset. Also, fuck Lane.

6. 18 Kansas State (-4) @ Colorado
Pick: Kansas State should win this because Colorado has struggled against physical teams. K-State’s disciplined style matches up well. I expect the Wildcats State to pull away in the second half and cover the spread.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2024, 02:41:57 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg