Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hate when we suck...

jmar

Re: Hate when we suck...
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2024, 08:14:50 AM »
Thorne hasn't shown an ability to escape trouble or extend a play to have a voice outside of the locker room.
If anything, he seems to be running toward trouble. We cannot get to the edges on SEC defenses. Maybe we get a wide screen now and again but nothing our opponents aren't willing to concede. We aren't running a full house backfield with an H/ fullback or pulling guards as with Malzahn.

So why not Hank? Okay he isn't able to make the nuanced throws inside a five yard drop site. He isn't a runner but he does exhibit a degree of pocket awareness. He isn't timid or fearful.

We haven't seen enough of a sample size to write Brown off. Maybe he doesn't look off receivers as he should but he shows enough poise and leadership to at least have another opportunity to correct that flaw.

We need to show improvement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2024, 01:52:23 PM »
I think it’s because the starting QB for next year is currently playing for another team. And Thorne gives us a better chance to win this year.

I mean what ever happened Holden Garner?
Honestly I think HF got Hank to come over thinking Thorne could give him 1 year and then make Hank "tha man".

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

jmar

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2024, 10:49:36 AM »
I mean what ever happened Holden Garner?
Honestly I think HF got Hank to come over thinking Thorne could give him 1 year and then make Hank "tha man".

Geriner, from a few here and others I have quizzed about him is thought to be more of a positional placeholder than an actual contender at this level.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2024, 09:11:16 AM »
I write the reviews for me. I just like to write. 

Wondering about the ones that are gone.  Some I know.  But others?  Who died? 

Whence the following:

AWK
VandyVol
Rottenbottom
Garman
Townhall
AUTiger1
djsimp
dallas
Token
PCT
AU2000
Shug
bottomfeeder

There are more, but those off the top of my head.

I see there are 3 pages now.  Without going past this post I'm going to assume this thread has turned in to a movie quote thread before this reply but I'll do it anyway. 

Saban killed message board banter for me.  When Bama sucked, or when Auburn was really good it was fun to get on the message boards and go back and forth comparing wins or losses or making arguments for why Bama deserved whatever bowl.   I'm not being a dick when I say this but when you win literally almost every single game you are supposed to win there isn't much to talk about.  And then he did it for 17 damn years.  Sure, there were some what if games, some games that could have resulted in more championships but damn.  Isn't 6 enough for anyone in any lifetime?

Bama football turned into a bore fest. 

On the bright side, after getting bullied by Vandy and then doing everything possible to lose to South Carolina at home, it appears the days of steam rolling everyone is absolutely over with. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2024, 10:23:52 AM »
I see there are 3 pages now.  Without going past this post I'm going to assume this thread has turned in to a movie quote thread before this reply but I'll do it anyway. 

Saban killed message board banter for me.  When Bama sucked, or when Auburn was really good it was fun to get on the message boards and go back and forth comparing wins or losses or making arguments for why Bama deserved whatever bowl.   I'm not being a dick when I say this but when you win literally almost every single game you are supposed to win there isn't much to talk about.  And then he did it for 17 damn years.  Sure, there were some what if games, some games that could have resulted in more championships but damn.  Isn't 6 enough for anyone in any lifetime?

On the bright side, after getting bullied by Vandy and then doing everything possible to lose to South Carolina at home, it appears the days of steam rolling everyone is absolutely over with.

Welcome.  Post often.  Prayers sent.  Submit your dog to Jumbo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2024, 11:30:18 AM »

If I'm being honest, that leached a lot of the fun out of it for me, too. It became a chore to watch.  Gene Simmons (and others) say the harder you work, the luckier you are. For the past however long, it seemed like UA got almost every smidgen of luck there was. On the rare occasions when they didn't, it was a time to celebrate. I know he worked at it. I know he drove people to the point of madness. That's what it took, I guess. I also know he broke or at least edged over the line of every rule that existed.  Houses, cars, jobs, cash... and he did it with absolute immunity. Nobody - other than a dedicated group of AU fans - was willing to call him on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.