Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Funf

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Funf
« on: September 24, 2024, 12:30:32 PM »
At least there’s no pressure for Auburn fans at this point. We can sit back and enjoy what everybody else is doing, and maybe revel in the misery of other programs performing at the level of extreme suckage. I looked forward to the overall season from the standpoint of every week having a number of killer matchups with all the conference realignment.  Exactly when does that happen?  Of course, we have another, GAME OF THE CENTURY, when the flea-bitten mutts invade the Crapstoned this weekend.  ESPN Game Day, Donald Trump and all sorts of other dignitaries will be in attendance.  It will be the greatest day in the history of college football, if not the world.  Anywho….

Arkansas @ Texas A&M (3.5):  Auburn is not a good team.  Don’t turn the ball over 5 times, the Piggies have another loss, and the spread on this game is closer to 9.  Does anyone realize we outgained the Hogs 431 to 334?  Sure didn’t feel like we had over 400 yards.  The Aggies pounded Gusty Gaytah down in The Swamp.  A lot of it was simply lining up and running it like an All Star.  Yep, Smash Mouth.  This one is in the land of the falling bonfires.

Texas A&M:  35

Arkansas:  21

FUGA (2) @ Alabama:  All thoughts of a giant earthquake hitting Turd Town and swallowing up both teams and fanbases aside, this one looks pretty evenly matched on paper.  Both teams sit at 3-0, each with a win against a patsy (WKU and Tenn. Tech), and 2 against a little more quality opponent (USF, Wisconsin, Clemson & Kentucky) FUGA averages 32 points per game, while Bama comes in at 49 a game.  Both have top rated defenses with FUGA giving up 6 ppg, and Bama at 8.6.  As much as I loathe both of these programs, I tend to think the Turds are better top to bottom.  And I think Mealrow has the it factor.  You can also take into account that Bama has owned that ass like FUGA has owned ours.  Bama at home!

Alabama:  24

FUGA:  17

Oklahoma (1.5) @ Auburn: I watched all of Tennessee and Oklahoma when I got home from the Planez Saturday.  The difference in the game was the two offenses.  Both D’s played more gooder, and gave their teams everything they needed to win.  However, Okie’s offense was horrid, and only gained 222 total yards. In fact, they are making a QB change for the AU game on Saturday.  Auburn?  What do you say that hasn’t already been said?  Play turnover free, and we have a real chance.  Keep throwing it to the wrong team, and we’ll be 2-3 come Saturday night. So far against decent competition, we’ve thrown to the other team a lot.  Probably happen again.

Oklahoma:  27

Auburn:  20

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves, opine, or generally just bugger off!   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

Re: Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Funf
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2024, 12:53:00 PM »
Snakebites are rarely fatal.
We have the anti venom.

Run 45 times, throw 20 times and don't cough it up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2024, 12:53:30 PM »
(2) Georgia (-1.5) @ (4) Alabama
Give me Alabama here. The Tide's "weakness" on defense is not something I think this Georgia team can exploit based on what I've seen so far. Alabama can run the ball and I expect Milroe's legs and big play ability to the youngest receiver to ever exist in the history of ever will be the difference. Should be a good game.
Winner: Alabama

(20) Oklahoma State @ (23) Kansas State (-5.5)
Oklahoma State is a muffed punt away from having another loss and after the way they got absolutely handled up front, I get why oddsmakers don't like their chances. KState is far from special. They don't try to be anything exotic. They run the ball between the tackles, run the QB, make safe throws, and play physically up front on both lines. I'm selling Cowboys stock (also applies to the NFL).
Winner: Kansas State

(15) Louisville @ (16) Notre Dame (-4)
First of two lines I absolutely do not understand this week. Notre Dame's best win is against a fairly mediocre TAMU team and they keep getting worse each week on offense. All they can do is run. Continuing to run that QB is a fast way to get him injured (he's already hurt). Brohm and co. had to reload a bit after last year so they aren't as explosive, but they do have some speed on the outside. I think they can win it by scoring fast, early, and putting Notre Dame off schedule.
Winner: Louisville

(19) Illinois @ (9) Penn State (-17.5)
Illinois deserves credit for doing what they've done early in the season. They play tough, their QB doesn't make mistakes, and they capitalize on mistakes. Penn State still isn't explosive on offense but they don't make mistakes. Defensively, the Nittany Lions can wallop opponents and put pressure on the QB. This line is a lot but I get it. Penn State is way better than the Illini and has better depth. I'd also take Franklin and his staff over Bielema's at this point.
Winner: Penn State

Colorado @ UCF (-14)
Second line I don't get this week. UCF has not played a team with a pulse all season. Colorado has and though they are always on the razor's edge of self-destruction, they play fast, loose, and the pressure is not new to them. I think the Buffs roll into the Bounce House and make this a very close game. They may not win, but I don't see the Gus Space Cadets blowing out anybody in conference by two TDs.
Winner: UCF

Waiting for basketball season,

The Six
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2024, 01:47:23 PM »
Does anyone realize we outgained the Hogs 431 to 334?  Sure didn’t feel like we had over 400 yards. 

Cry me a river.  We outgained OkSt by more, but gave the ball away too many times and lost.

Oh well, you can take heart in your coaches assurances that if they played 9 more times you'd win 9 more times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2024, 01:54:13 PM »
Cry me a river.  We outgained OkSt by more, but gave the ball away too many times and lost.

Oh well, you can take heart in your coaches assurances that if they played 9 more times you'd win 9 more times.
Yeah we are probably on par with Oklahoma State.
I like the confidence of our coaches. Maybe the kids start believing it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions