Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pre-Dick-Shuns Week # Deux

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Pre-Dick-Shuns Week # Deux
« on: September 03, 2024, 11:56:15 AM »
One week of the foosballz in the books.  A lot of huge match ups and possible storylines, or better yet, questions.  Is The U finally somewhat legit with the addition of Cam Ward, and a really nasty D-line?  They both looked damn good.  Will Coach Crew Cut make it through 2024, or will he get Harsin’d mid-season? Having Miami’s players over at your recruiting section, telling those guys to come to the U after that beatdown….not a good look. 

Can LSU fans be happy with Kelly after a 3rd straight opening day loss?  He did slam his fist on the table at the presser, so he’s clearly serious at this point. Likewise, are Nole fans still in Norvel’s tee-pee after getting manhandled at home by Boston College?  Now 0-2 in the conference to start the season.  Is Dabo going to join the 19th Century and start portalizing some players?   

With all the conference realignment, the entire season looks to be loaded with great match ups every week.  This week might be the exception.  Texas at Michigan is certainly the Mark Key game, but unless I missed some, there’s not a lot to whet the whistle on.  Maybe Tennessee at NC State? Anywayz…point spreads from Draft Kings

Texas @ Michigan (Texas -7.5) The defending national champs were only up 6 with 10:00 to go against Fresno State on Saturday.  Wound up pulling away for a 30-10 most exhilarating victory. Michigan lost a lot from last year’s team, and Fresno may be pretty good.  Who knows?  Kind of how they won a lot of games last year.  Texas pummeled the Mountain Goats of Colorado State 52-0. I think the Horns cover.

Texas:  31

Michigan:  17

Tennessee @ NC State: (Tenn -8) The Wolfpack skruggled for 3 quarters with the Catamounts of Western Carolina, before pulling away for a 38-21 win.  Now, the Vols come to town, led by 6’6” QB, Nico Imalumavelanuwayva.  I’ll call him Nico.  So, Nico threw for 300+ yards and 3 TD’s in the opener against somebody.  But Payton Thorne threw for 322 and 4 TD’s, so big fucking deal.  I don’t know if you can call Tennessee a sleeper, because a lot of people think that if Nico is the real deal, look out.  I tend to agree. 

Tennessee:  42

NC State: 21

South Florida @ Alabama (Bama -31) I’ve heard some people go so far as to call this a revenge game. Why? Because you looked like a sun-dried turd on the side of the road last season against the Bulls?  Souf Flurrda rolled 48-3 against an Alabama A&M level opponent, so they may have a little fire power.  I don’t expect much out of them, though.

Bama:  49

South Florida:  10

Cal @ Auburn (AU -13) The Tiggers waylaid a hapless Alabama A&M.  I’m glad they did, because I’ve always wanted to use waylaid in casual conversation. You couldn’t ask for the young guns to look any better.  You could ask Payton Thorne to hit a wide open receiver standing 10 yards in front of him, but hey, he’s the Thorne in our side.  Cal was behind to UC Davis until late in the 2nd quarter, when they returned a kickoff for 6, to change the momentum.  They only racked up 281 total yards in a 31-13 win.  I see us wearing that ass out.

Auburn:  41

Cal:  14

Thoughts, predictions?  Feel free to opine, or just plain bugger off. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Pre-Dick-Shuns Week # Deux
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2024, 01:55:53 PM »
After taking it in the ballchinians last week, I'm looking to rebound just like after Mary Jane Ravenhair dropped me like 5th period French (oddly enough after second period English).

BYU @ SMU
Mormons vs. Methodists get ready to lock up in Gerry Ford's place on Friday night. The RhettJets found the gear albeit against some missionaries from Houston. The celebate Cougs looked good in their cupcake opener. The SMUs are a big favorite (-10.5 as of this post) and that's a little too much in my opinion. I like the 'Stangs but think it's closer.
Winner: SMU

Texas @ Michigan
Snags did a good job (being generous here) setting this one up already. The Wolverines will be amped for this one, no doubt ($1 to Gus), but Texas has speed for days and I think that travels. Later in the season when the weather sucked more and Michigan had time to figure out what they are (or invent some new way to cheat), I'd pick them. This early, I'm going with the Staggerin' Sarks to drop in like the opening to Red Dawn and scatter the angry rodents into the hills.
Winner: Texas

Arkansas @ Oklahoma State
Who the hell schedules this? Sam Pittman should smite that person. Twice. Mullets 40+ has his team humming like a '68 fastback, but Arkansas is no joke with Bobby P revving the motors again. The Pokes are -7.5 favorites and even at home, that seems like a lot. I don't think the Hogs can call together enough power to get over here, but I do think they keep it closer than a score.
Winner: Oklahoma State

Iowa State @ Iowa
Children of the Corn rise! Iowa has found some offense and they still have a defense. Not sure Iowa State has either.
Winner: Iowa

Boise State @ Oregon
The Ducks didn't look so fast against Idaho and Lanning was seriously pissed about it in the postgame. Boise St. ran all over GATA and are looking for an upset. They won't go away easy, but the Broncos come out of this black and blue.
Winner: Oregon

I'm not touching Auburn-Cal or Tennessee-NC State. Both make me nervous to pick as I can see it all four ways. And maybe five.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2024, 02:07:59 PM »
If there's one thing I know, it is that I will be wrong.

UT: 35
UM: 24

SMU: 30
BYU: 27

OK St: 24
Ark: 21

Boise St: 31
OR: 28

UT: 48
NC St: 21

AU: 52
Cal: 24

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2024, 02:23:51 PM »
Not touching any of this. 

All I'm gonna say is.....  ya'll picking AU to score 40-50+?  Only twice since 2019 have the Tigers broken 40 against a P5 opponent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2024, 03:02:39 PM »

All I'm gonna say is.....  ya'll picking AU to score 40-50+?  Only twice since 2019 have the Tigers broken 40 against a P5 opponent.

Yeah, but we've kind of, sort of sucked since 2019.

Actually, I don't feel real comfortable with my 41 point prediction.  Just hoping our new toys turn out to be real shiny and fun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2024, 03:47:51 PM »

Actually, I don't feel real comfortable with my 41 point prediction.  Just hoping our new toys turn out to be real shiny and fun.
Would be thrilled with your score prediction against Cal. I want to see if we can play a good clean game that's never in doubt against a stronger opponent. They probably want a game in the mid twenties to low thirties.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2024, 04:55:19 PM »

We haven’t eclipsed the 6 win mark since 2019 either. This smasmortion of a streak ends in ‘24. And I’m fueled by my dreams that we will have dominating performances along the way… Starting with Cal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2024, 05:01:40 PM »

2020 vs LSU 48-11 (W)
2023 vs Arkansas 48-10 (W)

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

chinook

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2024, 07:26:39 PM »
i'll take opposite of six plus give me

auburn by 9 and Tennessee by 8.

hold the mayo. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2024, 08:35:47 PM »
i'll take opposite of six plus give me

auburn by 9 and Tennessee by 8.

hold the mayo.

What did Mayo ever do to you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2024, 10:59:16 PM »

He wants to hold it.  Squeeze it.  Love it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2024, 10:27:50 AM »

Cautionary tale…

2012.  The abomination. 

AU beat that same Alabama A&t team 51-7. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2024, 10:38:01 AM »
Cautionary tale…

2012.  The abomination. 

Too many weapons not to be able to score. Thorne just has to deliver the ball to multiple weapons. I'm counting the times Oscar Chapman trots onto the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2024, 11:25:04 AM »

I want your DOR.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2024, 11:53:00 AM »
Cautionary tale…

2012.  The abomination. 

That’s insane! I figured they woulda graduated by now. Is it a medical school?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2024, 12:08:36 PM »
That’s insane! I figured they woulda graduated by now. Is it a medical school?

Don't laugh.  I have a 33 year old nephew who is still in school working on his 17th Engineering degree, Doctorate, Magna Cum Loudly, or some shit. 

Never done a full day's work in his life, or paid a dime in taxes, but he will damn sure tell you how you should live and what to believe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2024, 12:14:26 PM »
Don't laugh.  I have a 33 year old nephew who is still in school working on his 17th Engineering degree, Doctorate, Magna Cum Loudly, or some shit. 

Never done a full day's work in his life, or paid a dime in taxes, but he will damn sure tell you how you should live and what to believe.

When he hits the workforce, hopefully his views will shift more towards common sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2024, 12:26:27 PM »
When he hits the workforce, hopefully his views will shift more towards common sense.

Doubtful.  Many, many years of indoctrination.  That shit don't wash off easy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2024, 03:38:39 PM »
Doubtful.  Many, many years of indoctrination.  That shit don't wash off easy.

Neither do jizz stains...just ask Monica Lewinsky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2024, 07:05:39 PM »
so Auburn by 9, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions