Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Happy Labor Day

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Happy Labor Day
« on: September 02, 2024, 10:25:32 PM »
Happy Labor Day.  Glad to be here to see another unofficial end to summer and the stupid traffic snafus that plague anything on or near I-10 here in Daphne and across the bay. 

Took me 45 minutes today to go about six miles on 181 as cars from Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, and other areas jockeyed for position in an effort to get their burnt and bloated carcasses back to where they came from. 

Today is the last day of that annoyance.  Good riddance.  In another two weeks or so, Gulf Shores will be perfect again.  Near empty beaches. Little to no wait at the eating establishments. No fat, blistered, dads bellowing at fat, blistered kids.  I’d never go to the beach in the summer.  I haven’t been (except to golf) in maybe a decade. But I’m gonna make time to go in October or November. 

That’s what Labor Day means to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

Re: Happy Labor Day
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2024, 07:09:05 AM »
There's always the annual Slocomb Tomato Festival if you're looking for some entertaining family fun. Some people call it a festival but it's also known as a jamboree.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2024, 07:12:49 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions