Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Uno

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Uno
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2024, 03:10:56 PM »
Yeah, but I named names  :poke:

Plus also, someone mentioned ass and I started thinking about that...

I'm with 6 here. That can be a distraction.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2024, 06:44:39 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2024, 09:15:52 AM »
Dramatic comeback salvages the Buff's opener.

Lost in the Deion circus is the fact that Shedeur is a pretty great QB and Travis Hunter is playing ironman football...well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2024, 09:35:15 AM »

Lost in the Deion circus is the fact that Shedeur is a pretty great QB and Travis Hunter is playing ironman football...well.

Hunter I will give you is an exceptional athlete.

Shedeur? Besides the fact that his "great deep shots" were all fluttering ducks to wide open dudes because NDSU's defense couldn't close an umbrella, there's nothing great about the way he plays. He's backyard, go to the Buick and cut, kind of player. His OL does him zero favors either. They are terrible and that was against a FCS team (albeit, a decent one). Wait till they see a real pass rush. It's gonna be bloody.

Will that keep Deion from drafting them 1-2 when he takes over the Dallas Cowboys and trades away the whole team to get those picks? No, but there's little about Shedeur's game that smacks of greatness. He's great and making stuff up and getting clocked.

Colorado may be one of the most undisciplined teams I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2024, 11:10:08 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Kaos,
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2024, 09:49:59 AM »

Here's the scenario:

Buffs up 5 with the ball and under 2 minutes to go.  Facing a 3rd and long in their own territory, Sheduer under pressure, heaves one long and gets bailed out by a defender who has his back turned to the play and runs through the receiver before the ball gets there.  Clear PI, first down Buffs in NDSU territory with 1:34 left.  The Bison have one time out.

What to do, what to do.  Hmmm....I could run the ball once, make NDSU use the final time out, which would put it down to about 1:26.  Next play, run it again and let the 40 second play clock get down to about 3 seconds before snapping it again, which would put the clock at about 45 seconds.  Take a knee, or run it again....clock is out.  Game over.  Easy peazy, right?

No!  Deion's dumb ass decides this would be a great time to take a shot down field.  Ultimate result?  The clock runs out with NDSU catching a hail Mary pass at the Buffalo 5 when time runs out.  And his only reaction is being pissed at his players for not knocking the ball down on that last pass. 

:facepalm:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2024, 09:51:17 AM »
His OL does him zero favors either. They are terrible and that was against a FCS team (albeit, a decent one).

Agreed.  That's why:

26/34 445 4/1

Is pretty fucking great.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2024, 10:04:12 AM »
Agreed.  That's why:

26/34 445 4/1

Is pretty fucking great.

I would take him & Hunter at Auburn in a heartbeat. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2024, 10:22:49 AM »
I can't hate on the kid just because I dislike almost everything about the Dad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2024, 10:44:38 AM »
Shedeur ain't worried about haters.  Highest paid NIL athlete at $4 Mil +.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2024, 11:11:25 AM »

Source?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2024, 11:12:13 AM »
Agreed.  That's why:

26/34 445 4/1

Is pretty fucking great.

In fairness, that’ll take Thorne five games to hit :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2024, 11:38:59 AM »
Source?

First one of many that popped up on Google, plus, they talked about it last night during the telecast.  sportingnews.com

Sanders is rated as the highest-grossing NCAA athlete when it comes to NIL money. The Buffaloes quarterback is the only player with an On3 NIL valuation above $4 million — putting him ahead of his teammate Travis Hunter, LSU gymnast Livvy Dunne, and Texas QB Arch Manning.

With another year of Sanders being one of the most recognizable names in college football, there's a good chance that value goes up by the time the 2025 NFL Draft comes around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2024, 12:00:52 PM »
First one of many that popped up on Google, plus, they talked about it last night during the telecast.  sportingnews.com

Sanders is rated as the highest-grossing NCAA athlete when it comes to NIL money. The Buffaloes quarterback is the only player with an On3 NIL valuation above $4 million — putting him ahead of his teammate Travis Hunter, LSU gymnast Livvy Dunne, and Texas QB Arch Manning.

With another year of Sanders being one of the most recognizable names in college football, there's a good chance that value goes up by the time the 2025 NFL Draft comes around.
So there's a chance he becomes another Dak Prescott, overvalued and overpaid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2024, 02:37:51 PM »
I would take him & Hunter at Auburn in a heartbeat.

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2024, 10:55:07 AM »

Before too long, he's going to be in Snags territory.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2024, 02:30:05 PM »

I disagree with a lot of this.   Sanders?  He's not a "quarterback" in any real sense of the word, unless you're counting the kids in your backyard as QBs.  He does not read defenses.  He does not set a pocket.  He just backyard balls. Zero discipline.  Maybe he turns out to be "something" at some point.  I wouldn't want him on my team. 

Hunter?  He's doing what every 1A and most 2A players in the state of Alabama do.  Even the linemen.  Deserves credit for it, I guess, but what's the point other than to be a sideshow attraction? 

Colorado and Sanders (all of them) are frauds. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2024, 03:06:43 PM »
I disagree with a lot of this.   Sanders?  He's not a "quarterback" in any real sense of the word, unless you're counting the kids in your backyard as QBs.  He does not read defenses.  He does not set a pocket.  He just backyard balls. Zero discipline.  Maybe he turns out to be "something" at some point.  I wouldn't want him on my team. 

Hunter?  He's doing what every 1A and most 2A players in the state of Alabama do.  Even the linemen.  Deserves credit for it, I guess, but what's the point other than to be a sideshow attraction? 

Colorado and Sanders (all of them) are frauds.

I'm curious how Sanders would be behind even an average line. In 2023, he was sacked over 50 times, and the run game only averaged 2.3 yards a carry. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2024, 03:51:29 PM »
I'm curious how Sanders would be behind even an average line. In 2023, he was sacked over 50 times, and the run game only averaged 2.3 yards a carry.

He's TJ Finley if Finley had a KFC contract.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2024, 04:33:50 PM »
He's TJ Finley if Finley had a KFC contract.

Speaking of Finley, he starts out at LSU, transfers to Auburn, transfers to Texas State, and now he's at Western Kentucky.  He had some nice stats last year for TSU, 279/414  67%  3,439.yards 24 TD and 8 INT

In a 63-0 loss to Bama, he was 18/31 for 92 yards 0/2.  Why would you make a lateral move after decent success, and your first time being a full time starter?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions