Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Six's Picks Accountability Thread

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
The Six's Picks Accountability Thread
« on: August 25, 2024, 10:14:24 PM »
Week Zero Edition
I'll be keeping up with my picks in these this season because I think accountability is important. Also, going to include real team names in parentheses next to the goofy nicknames  because there's a chance I'll forget which team is which in these things. 

(FSU)Bitchin about a Playoff Still - 30
(Georgia Tech)Tech Bros Before Hos - 13
WRONG - Georgia Tech 24, Florida State 21. The Yellow Jackets took the air out of the ball, smashed the Seminoles up front save for a few plays, and took advantage of FSU just flat out not getting it done. Didn't see that coming.

(Montana State) A River Run Through It Maybe - 25
(New Mexico) El Loco Lobos - 20
CORRECT - Montana State had to rally, but they found a way to get the win. New Mexico showed a lot of different looks in the game. They are better than they used to be in spite of losing to a "lesser" division opponent.

(SMU) Death Penalty Resurrection - 45
(Nevada) Lady’s a lot Like Reno - 10
Right Winner, Wrong Condition SMU needed a fourth quarter resurgence to pull this out of the fire. Give credit to Nevada for showing up and giving the Fighting Rhett Lashley's all they wanted. RhettJet and co. have a lot to work on before launching into ACC play.

(Hawai'i) Timmys! - 26
(Delaware State) If They Show Up - 18
Correct - Hawai'i got a game out of Delaware State for a half before Brayden Schager started slinging the ball down the field for scores. Good on Timmy Chang and the Rainbows for believing in themselves. They are up against so many challenges, but he's got that team thinking something bigger is on the horizon.

3-1 after week zero isn't bad. SMU game I had totally wrong as to how it would play out. Flubbed the Dublin game, but a good start to the season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: The Six's Picks Accountability Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 11:16:32 PM »
Week Zero Edition
I'll be keeping up with my picks in these this season because I think accountability is important. Also, going to include real team names in parentheses next to the goofy nicknames  because there's a chance I'll forget which team is which in these things. 

WRONG - Georgia Tech 24, Florida State 21. The Yellow Jackets took the air out of the ball, smashed the Seminoles up front save for a few plays, and took advantage of FSU just flat out not getting it done. Didn't see that coming.

CORRECT - Montana State had to rally, but they found a way to get the win. New Mexico showed a lot of different looks in the game. They are better than they used to be in spite of losing to a "lesser" division opponent.

Right Winner, Wrong Condition SMU needed a fourth quarter resurgence to pull this out of the fire. Give credit to Nevada for showing up and giving the Fighting Rhett Lashley's all they wanted. RhettJet and co. have a lot to work on before launching into ACC play.

(Hawai'i) Timmys! - 26
Correct - Hawai'i got a game out of Delaware State for a half before Brayden Schager started slinging the ball down the field for scores. Good on Timmy Chang and the Rainbows for believing in themselves. They are up against so many challenges, but he's got that team thinking something bigger is on the horizon.

3-1 after week zero isn't bad. SMU game I had totally wrong as to how it would play out. Flubbed the Dublin game, but a good start to the season.

Accountability is a construct based in white male supremacy.  It is hurtful and unfairly penalizes people who may not have had the same privileges and opportunities to watch football as you have had, due to their inability to obtain an ID or know what a computer is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
CCTAU,GH2001,chityeah,
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2024, 09:35:24 AM »

You do know that there will be hell to pay if your accountability is in any way lacking integrity. We have several forms of punishment which we can employ, least of which is the all too common thumbing of the nose. But it gets much worse for the game picking types that fail us.

We will be watching and someone else will be reading most likely from a waiting room of a crowded doctor's office but rest assured, we will be keeping score.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2024, 11:06:50 AM »
Week Zero Edition

(Hawai'i) Timmys! - 26

I whiffed on nearly all of them, save SMU.  Went full chalk figuring the favorites would have their way with the early schedule.

That said, it was a fucking great day of ball.  All the games were uber competitive and dramatic up to the end.  Icing on the cake was watching Tech absolutely bully the Noles on the LOS.  Just punked their asses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2024, 08:13:15 AM »
Right
Colorado 34, North Dakota State 24 - actual Colorado 31, NDSU 26
- Deion and his merry band of children + mercenaries live to fight another day. If they can't block a FCS defense, look out when they play a real defense.

Notre Dame 16, Texas A&M 13 - actual Notre Dame 23, Texas A&M 13
- The Domers put "Heisman candidates" Connor Weigman in a hurt locker and beat the cult at home in every facet.

Auburn A LOT, Alabama A&M VERY LITTLE - actual Auburn 73, Alabama A&M 3
- Auburn smashed the tune up game opponent like you are supposed to.

Wrong
LSU 44, USC 41 - actual USC 27, LSU 20
 - LSU keeps finding ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory out of the gate. Pound the table all you want, Brian Kelly, but that falls on you and your staff.

Way Wrong
Georgia 30, Clemson 24 - actual Georgia 34, Clemson 3
- Georgia took a half to get it together. They leaned on Clemson in the second half when it was clear the crack Tigers couldn't score or really even move the ball. It's over for Dabo. Calling it now. Last season.

West Virginia 19, Penn State 17 - actual Penn State 34, WVU 12
- Was barely a game. The Mountaineers got run out of the hills. Whiffed on this one.

Florida 27, Miami 25 - actual Miami 41, Florida 17
- Never a contest. Florida looked out of position, out of gas, and out of ideas all game. Billy better clean up the golf clubs because he's gonna be playing a lot of it soon.

Florida State 27, Boston College 6 - actual Boston College 28, Florida State 13
- Florida State is the one who sucks. Sucks beyond the telling of it almost. Line play is awful. Offense has no juice. QB is shell shocked. It's bad. They might go 1-11.

3-5 on the week is not gonna cut it. Have to lock in for future pickings. Record on the year stands at 6-6.  :facepalm:

« Last Edit: September 03, 2024, 09:12:32 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2024, 06:50:55 AM »
Speaking of ass, man.  :puke:

Right
Texas @ Michigan
Winner: Texas
- Michigan is what we used to remember championship teams were like pre-Saban era/broken brains. They'd win, win big, win it all (or get close), then fall back down a bit. They have nothing consistent on offense. Texas looks to be every bit as good as advertised.

Arkansas @ Oklahoma State
Winner: Oklahoma State
Arkansas had this and let it slip away. Even in the OT, they had a shot, but the Gundy mullets found a way.

Boise State @ Oregon
Winner: Oregon
Boise State's RB is the real thing. Oregon is still finding an identity and they scratched to a last-second FG for this one. Ducks are going to be interesting to watch to see if they can get it in gear.

Wrong
BYU @ SMU
Winner: SMU
- SMU has problems. That offense is stuck in second gear and has to grind to get there. BYU found a defense and put the clamps on the Mustangs. Gonna be a tough year for Rhett as they transition into the ACC.

Iowa State @ Iowa
Winner: Iowa
Just when you think Iowa finds offense, they go and prove you wrong. Credit to Iowa State hitting big plays on a defense that doesn't give up big plays all that often.

3-2 this week brings me to 9-8 on the year. Progress.  :popcorn:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2024, 07:18:52 AM »
Week Three is in the books.

Right
Arizona @ Kansas State
Winner: K-State

Alabama @ Wisconsin
Winner: Alabama

LSU @ South Carolina
Winner: LSU

Boston College @ Missouri
Winner: Missouri

Texas A&M @ Florida
Winner: Texas A&M

Georgia @ Kentucky
Winner: Georgia

Wrong
Oregon @ Oregon State
Winner: Oregon State

Record Updated
6-1 for the week; 15-9 on the year
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2024, 09:06:43 AM »
Week Three is in the books.

Right
Arizona @ Kansas State
Winner: K-State

Alabama @ Wisconsin
Winner: Alabama

LSU @ South Carolina
Winner: LSU

Boston College @ Missouri