Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hopes & Dreams: A Typical “What You Hope to See" Thread

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Hopes & Dreams: A Typical “What You Hope to See" Thread
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2024, 07:51:17 PM »
Werd to your mutha.

Please don't take this as any kind of excuse.  It's just sports.

NMSU had a very good Group of 5 club.  They came into JHS riding a 6 game winning streak, and nothing to lose.  Let's face it, we weren't very good.  Certainly not good enough to take a week off against anybody.

After the Iron Bowl, I was talking with former Bama MNC Quarterback, Steadman Shealy.  (Shameless name drop) He said, "As soon as Auburn got off the bus from Arkansas, they started watching film on Bama.  As soon as New Mexico State beat Auburn, Bama put in the Georgia film."

He said, don't think that's not exactly what happened.  NMSU was a tune up for the Iron Bowl.  Auburn was a tune up for the SECCG.

Steadman.  Man, I wanted to hate that guy but it was so hard.  Despite his "bammerness" he wasn't a bad person. Hard to loathe. 

I had a friend who idolized him. Wanted to be like him. Had his jersey. Tried to mimic his motions.  When we played backyard football that guy was always QB, always wore the Steadman jersey. I still had my rag-tag 21 (Hames Brooks). I liked nothing more than playing middle LB, and blowing his narrow butt up when he tried to run the option. 

Our games were brutal back then.  No pads, no helmet, full tackle, all of us grown 16, 17 year olds. I'm surprised people didn't end up in the hospital.  Played every weekend rain or shine on an intramural field that was marked off.  We had four pretty established teams with 15 or so players so there were replacements for people who got their bell rung or a knee busted.  Man, that was fun. My "real" football experience was ruined by a crappy coach, but I loved that. Loved the hitting. Loved getting hit. Same as baseball, I was there to bleed.

It got ruined when a bunch of 20-ish former jocks decided they wanted to play and the brutality got ramped up to an unacceptable level.  We weren't clotheslining people or going after knees. These guys were.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2024, 10:28:48 AM »
Steadman.  Man, I wanted to hate that guy but it was so hard.  Despite his "bammerness" he wasn't a bad person. Hard to loathe.

I had a friend who idolized him. Wanted to be like him. Had his jersey. Tried to mimic his motions.  When we played backyard football that guy was always QB, always wore the Steadman jersey. I still had my rag-tag 21 (Hames Brooks). I liked nothing more than playing middle LB, and blowing his narrow butt up when he tried to run the option. 

Our games were brutal back then.  No pads, no helmet, full tackle, all of us grown 16, 17 year olds. I'm surprised people didn't end up in the hospital.  Played every weekend rain or shine on an intramural field that was marked off.  We had four pretty established teams with 15 or so players so there were replacements for people who got their bell rung or a knee busted.  Man, that was fun. My "real" football experience was ruined by a crappy coach, but I loved that. Loved the hitting. Loved getting hit. Same as baseball, I was there to bleed.

It got ruined when a bunch of 20-ish former jocks decided they wanted to play and the brutality got ramped up to an unacceptable level.  We weren't clotheslining people or going after knees. These guys were.

I've probably known the guy for well over 30 years.  He's been practicing law down here forever, and he's as good a lawyer as he was a QB. Plus, he will definitely let you know how good a QB he was.  Great guy down deep, if you can get past all the bravado.

As kids, our back yard games in the Fall, were usually on Sunday afternoons.  We'd wear our Auburn and Bama jerseys, and imitate our favorite players.  The key was, we could play until the Auburn and Alabama playbacks came on, back to back, with Shug and Bahr.  Then, we had to go in to watch both shows.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2024, 11:29:35 AM »
My Dear Brother Numpsay, I just can't get to 8-9 wins. Se7en seems like a much more realistic ceiling. (Not counting bowl games because that's gonna be a spring game if it's not a playoff situation - we all know that.)

Is the first 22 upgraded in talent? Bingo. But depth is gonna play a role and it is gonna take years to build that up after Gus took his hands off the switch (got paid in 2017 and decided to coast) and Harsin couldn't keep his hands off his throbbing dick or the side piece long enough to actually find the switch.

Brother Better Than You Hue and his Crew of Manly Few are doing yeoman's work in ungheying the recruiting around Da Plainz, but it'll take more than a tube of KY and copy of the 1994 swimsuit issue for things to go smoothly there this year.

It's like that Alien Romulus joint or them David Gordon Green's Halloweens. It's 2/3 the way there but not all complete. Not yet.

Hold on to your cheeks and don't drop the soap. Even though Snags no longer has thrusters to drive the pile, those little blue pills keep the pencil at the ready for some butt action at a moment's notice. Never safe in a foggerty environment with that one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2024, 12:26:01 PM »
My Dear Brother Numpsay, I just can't get to 8-9 wins. Se7en seems like a much more realistic ceiling. (Not counting bowl games because that's gonna be a spring game if it's not a playoff situation - we all know that.)

Is the first 22 upgraded in talent? Bingo. But depth is gonna play a role and it is gonna take years to build that up after Gus took his hands off the switch (got paid in 2017 and decided to coast) and Harsin couldn't keep his hands off his throbbing dick or the side piece long enough to actually find the switch.

Brother Better Than You Hue and his Crew of Manly Few are doing yeoman's work in ungheying the recruiting around Da Plainz, but it'll take more than a tube of KY and copy of the 1994 swimsuit issue for things to go smoothly there this year.

It's like that Alien Romulus joint or them David Gordon Green's Halloweens. It's 2/3 the way there but not all complete. Not yet.

Hold on to your cheeks and don't drop the soap. Even though Snags no longer has thrusters to drive the pile, those little blue pills keep the pencil at the ready for some butt action at a moment's notice. Never safe in a foggerty environment with that one.

Mmmm....butt action.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2024, 01:42:56 PM »
Could we change the heading please. I cringe every time I see the new DNC motto.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2024, 01:47:41 PM »
Could we change the heading please. I cringe every time I see the new DNC motto.

Don’t be a fragit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2024, 02:10:40 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2024, 03:11:20 PM »
Faghedonist!

You're an anti-Faghedontite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2024, 03:33:48 PM »
You're an anti-Faghedontite.
Yeah well at least I ain't noodling for taint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2024, 04:02:33 PM »
I smell faggophobes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2024, 04:59:18 PM »
I smell faggophobes

Y'all are still an buttholes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2024, 05:12:42 PM »
Y'all are still an buttholes.

No, you're being an butthole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2024, 01:34:13 PM »
I would say it's upgraded with regard to the experience factor.  Big Percy gave me wood, but moving him inside this late, experiment or not, tells me he's not getting it done like they want out at left tackle.  That's not chicken little stuff here.  I'm cautiously optimistic they'll be significantly improved.  They should be.  But Izavion Miller, Jeremiah Wright, Conner Lew and Dillon Wade were the same turnstiles from last season. Hopefully, the experience and playing together for so many games will translate into tasty goodness in 2024.
If Freeze's greatest worry is left tackle with big Percy, Johnson and then Wade protecting Thornes blindside I say we really have no concern. Could also be they are ready to beat on somebody other than their teammates.

All teams run the ball better to one side over the other and we will find out over the next couple of games which is our best.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2024, 01:58:08 PM »
15-0
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2024, 03:21:44 PM »
15-0
We don't want to play copycat to a bunch of Wolverines do we?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2024, 06:46:44 AM »
We don't want to play copycat to a bunch of Wolverines do we?

Word to the other is that Connor Stallions is now working at the QuikRip off Wire Road near Samford.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg