Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Need Streaming Advice

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Need Streaming Advice
« on: August 19, 2024, 01:12:53 PM »
I got Sling last year.  I don't hate it.  BUT.... the one device at a time deal is a killer.

Problem was if I wanted to watch Law & Order and Amy wanted to watch LSU football in another room the service said NOPE!  One device at a time (Orange Plan).  So I just looked at upgrading.  Well...  Upgrading to Blue gives me three devices, but I lose ESPN, ACCN, SECN.  Ok. Orange and Blue, then. WRONG.  Orange is only one device again - so I couldn't watch Auburn (were I ever going to do so) and let her watch LSU in another room if the games were at the same time. 

I need a better option.  I'm asking for ideas, here. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Need Streaming Advice
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2024, 01:27:13 PM »
Get two accounts on Sling - one orange and one blue with two different logins. IFFFFF this is a hard requirement for you. Or just get Hulu or Youtube TV.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2024, 01:35:43 PM »
I use Hulu & don't have any complaints.  I used sling around the 2018 season and regretted every minute of it.  Terrible experience (at least back then).

I have a buddy that swears by YT TV, but I haven't had a reason to make the switch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2024, 03:06:32 PM »
Get two accounts on Sling - one orange and one blue with two different logins. IFFFFF this is a hard requirement for you. Or just get Hulu or Youtube TV.

Sling is not a hard requirement.  Happy to dislodge. 

I just want her to be able to watch LSU on one tv and me something else on another. 

I have regular Hulu.  Is there some advanced version?  This is what I do not know. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2024, 03:27:07 PM »

YoutubeTV has been great for me.  Multiple devices/locations and unlimited digital DVR.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2024, 03:44:06 PM »
YoutubeTV has been great for me.  Multiple devices/locations and unlimited digital DVR.

Went to Youtube a while back.  Still a bit of a pain in the ass at times to navigate, but less than half of my cable bill makes it worth it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2024, 03:45:36 PM »

Same.  Only thing I don't like is I can't wait shitty Cardinals baseball.  But I figured if/when they are even good again, I'll just get a subscription to Ballys.

But, I have it on 4 TVs in the house, Soph has it on her TV in college, and we have 4 iPhones with it, and one iPad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2024, 03:46:04 PM »
Went to Youtube a while back.  Still a bit of a pain in the ass at times to navigate, but less than half of my cable bill makes it worth it.

At you're age, I'm surprised you know how to work the fucking remote.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2024, 04:20:57 PM »
At you're age, I'm surprised you know how to work the fucking remote.

You get a remote with Youtube TV?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2024, 04:38:03 PM »
I just had this discussion with my son.
You Tube is est. $60/mo. for first 4 months and $80 thereafter. You're covered with almost every cfb choice imaginable, no Bally for Braves though if that's important.

You don't get Hulu but you do get Paramount which opens up a few other selections.
Any additions will cost more.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 05:20:27 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2024, 05:38:02 PM »

So ditch Sling and sign up for YouTube TV?

About the only thing I use Sling for is when BBC has a Law&Order marathon.  I like that background noise.  Occasionally I find a movie or something there, but not often.  Any time a Braves game is on, it's blacked out. 

So let's go from there.  Ditch Sling, keep what I already have or glom (Paramount, Hulu, Max, Peacock), add YouTube TV. 

What about ESPN and Plus?  Keep or ditch? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2024, 05:56:45 PM »

About the only thing I use Sling for is when BBC has a Law&Order marathon.  I like that background noise.  Occasionally I find a movie or something there, but not often.  Any time a Braves game is on, it's blacked out. 

So let's go from there.  Ditch Sling, keep what I already have or glom (Paramount, Hulu, Max, Peacock), add YouTube TV. 

Keep what you glom.
You're gonna be set with espn.
BBC might be extra.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 06:10:04 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2024, 06:15:02 PM »

There isn't much that isn't on YTTV.  I was even watching NFL Network's broadcast of the Niners/Saints game last night.

They also offer easy/cheap add-on channels if you need to customize (usually about +$5/mo)

There will be some ESPN stuff you won't get, so the HULU w/ESPN+ is a luxury add-on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
GH2001,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2024, 06:20:10 PM »
There isn't much that isn't on YTTV.  I was even watching NFL Network's broadcast of the Niners/Saints game last night.

They also offer easy/cheap add-on channels if you need to customize (usually about +$5/mo)

There will be some ESPN stuff you won't get, so the HULU w/ESPN+ is a luxury add-on.
Yeah he would get BBC America and BBC News. My mistake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2024, 07:12:46 PM »

This is the main reason I’ve stuck it out w/ Hulu. No matter how bad we suck, I can’t bring myself to miss an Auburn game, and with that combo package, I don’t have to.

I was in Afghanistan in the 2013 opener against Washington State, fresh off a 14 hr work day & the next day off was 4 days away. I worked 26 hrs without a lick of shuteye. Worth the ensuing misery to cheer ‘em on to victory.

All that said, come on in, K… the water is still fine. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2024, 08:16:09 PM »

What Wes said. YTTV AND Hulu are both great with this flexibility.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2024, 08:23:30 PM »
What Wes said. YTTV AND Hulu are both great with this flexibility.

It has been made so. 

I'm currently watching Braves/Phils on TBS.  Has been a while since I watched MLB, but this league seems, at least, to have toned the social justice nonsense down.... and I have always been a Bravos fan.   Thank my grandmother for that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions