Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's All In How You Coach Em'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: It's All In How You Coach Em'
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2024, 11:33:49 AM »
Try and keep up, people.  We talkin' bout how the coaches can or can't handle the kids.  They have the athletes in their care every day, not the adults. And if you think kids are the same today, you done loss yo damn mind.

You can't talk about the entitlement of this generation, and not realize it carries over to their athletic careers. Heard an interview yesterday with a local high school coach, and he talked about that very thing.  He was asked about what's changed about coaching over his career, and he said you have to deal with the fact that if kids don't like something, they'll just transfer out, or quit. 

These are the same kids that only months removed from high school, are now manipulating and playing the hell out of college coaches and boosters at a level we never dreamed of. Quinn Ewers got himself an Aston-Martin and left THE Ohio State high and dry.  Carson Beck is sporting around in a Lamborghini.  You think kids are the same?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2024, 11:53:52 AM »
Try and keep up, people.  We talkin' bout how the coaches can or can't handle the kids.  They have the athletes in their care every day, not the adults. And if you think kids are the same today, you done loss yo damn mind.

You can't talk about the entitlement of this generation, and not realize it carries over to their athletic careers. Heard an interview yesterday with a local high school coach, and he talked about that very thing.  He was asked about what's changed about coaching over his career, and he said you have to deal with the fact that if kids don't like something, they'll just transfer out, or quit. 

These are the same kids that only months removed from high school, are now manipulating and playing the hell out of college coaches and boosters at a level we never dreamed of. Quinn Ewers got himself an Aston-Martin and left THE Ohio State high and dry.  Carson Beck is sporting around in a Lamborghini.  You think kids are the same?

A child is a malleable chunk of clay.  Adults mess them up.

The examples you give are extremes.  There are still some players out there that will run through a brick wall for you, even if they are disciplined in a negative manner.  Children crave discipline.  They don’t know it but they do.  When allowed to run amok, they usually hurt themselves.  The adults allow certain behaviors and then we blame the children. 

Babies are stupid.  Adults need to make them smarter and some of us have failed.

Hell, some parents let their kids become professional rasslers! 

Point being, kids will respond to how they are treated.  Society has put these fuckers on pedestals. 

Stop blaming the chirren!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2024, 11:58:48 AM »

The examples you give are extremes.  There are still some players out there that will run through a brick wall for you, even if they are disciplined in a negative manner.  Children crave discipline.  They don’t know it but they do.  When allowed to run amok, they usually hurt themselves.  The adults allow certain behaviors and then we blame the children. 

Babies are stupid.  Adults need to make them smarter and some of us have failed.

Point being, kids will respond to how they are treated.  Society has put these fuckers on pedestals. 

This will require a more in depth conversation than to just to apply it to sports. Your key word was “society”. Many parents try, but are undermined by a system designed to create Kaos. And we all know, one of him is enough!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2024, 12:09:12 PM »

There are currently 3,843 players in the FBS Portal.  That's the chirren making those decisions, and apparently there are more willing to bail at the drop of a hat, than there are those willing to run through that brick wall.

CCT hit the nail on the head about how society is set up.  Kids are making life decisions based more on their interactions on social media than with their parents.  Kids know more than you and me. Just ask them.  They have an iPhone 28 that tells them all they need to know about life.

BTW, I know that 3,843 number because I looked it up on my iPhone 7. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2024, 12:11:41 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2024, 12:29:36 PM »
There are currently 3,843 players in the FBS Portal.  That's the chirren making those decisions, and apparently there are more willing to bail at the drop of a hat, than there are those willing to run through that brick wall.

CCT hit the nail on the head about how society is set up.  Kids are making life decisions based more on their interactions on social media than with their parents.  Kids know more than you and me. Just ask them.  They have an iPhone 28 that tells them all they need to know about life.

BTW, I know that 3,843 number because I looked it up on my iPhone 7.

As a leader of the public, you should at least have an iPhone X…
No wonder you boomers don’t know shit!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2024, 03:34:45 PM »

Kids are kids.  Always have been.  They are not fully formed people and need guidance...coaches, parents, whatever.

That said, I don't hold it against any kid who transfers.  The adults in the room can do the same without any consequence, so the hypocrisy is gross.

I'd hope a kid has a strong enough foundation to weather a little hardship/difficulty, but if it's the wrong situation altogether then it's only harmful to the kid AND the program to force the issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2024, 05:14:54 PM »
Kids are kids.  Always have been.  They are not fully formed people and need guidance...coaches, parents, whatever.

That said, I don't hold it against any kid who transfers.  The adults in the room can do the same without any consequence, so the hypocrisy is gross.

I'd hope a kid has a strong enough foundation to weather a little hardship/difficulty, but if it's the wrong situation altogether then it's only harmful to the kid AND the program to force the issue.

NIL and transfer don't really have any relationship to the ability of coaches to discipline players and push them beyond their limits.  Other than if a kid doesn't like it, he can just walk away and have options. 

The sages here are right.  Coddling helicopter parents who demand equal outcomes, not just equal opportunity, are the real problem. They've created an atmosphere where kids believe their little underdeveloped turds don't stink. They refuse to face reality with their kids - sports, dance, whatever. 

In one of my math centers recently a mom came to me and said she was going to have to take her kid out so he could "focus on baseball."   This kid is in the fifth grade.  He's 4'5" maybe. He weighs over 190. His math skills are barely second-grade level. But "hay, he struck out nine last time out and his coarch sez he really needs the time he spends up here tryin' to learn math to work on his game... They say he's special. Like a real rare talent. I know math is kinda important, but his heart is set on baseball. He's gonna be a Atlanter Brave one day."  She showed me videos of his games all the time. He's not special. Not by any stretch of the imagination. He will never be a Brave. But he needs to focus on his game, not math. 

She's delusional.  She's one of millions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2024, 05:37:51 PM »
Some good friends of mine spent a fortune on travel baseball for their two boys.  They were solid high school players and might have been able to play juco ball had they wanted to.  Both are now linemen for the power company and making good money. 

Point being, if a kid is good enough, the scouts will find him in high school. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher