Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

All down hill now.

All down hill now.
« on: August 05, 2024, 07:23:24 PM »
Well it happened. I'm older than alot of you not as some.(62) Hanging out on patio and got up to call it a night. Clumsy ass trips and have tramatic break to hip. Snapped it under the ball. Total right side replacement. Been laid up in hospital since Wednesday. The worse part has been trying to find rehab spot to take my BCBS insurance. Going to cost 150 a day. Told them I would pay in advance. Assholes! This is going to be fun. :facepalm:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 07:26:12 PM by chityeah »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: All down hill now.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2024, 07:38:35 PM »
Well it happened. I'm older than alot of you not as some.(62) Hanging out on patio and got up to call it a night. Clumsy ass trips and have traumatic break to hip. Snapped it under the ball. Total right side replacement. Been laid up in hospital since Wednesday. The worse part has been trying to find rehab spot to take my BCBS insurance. Going to cost 150 a day. Told them I would pay in advance. Assholes! This is going to be fun. :facepalm:

JEEZ.  You are way older than me.  I'm a relative baby at 61. 

I hope my bones are stronger than your osteoporosis twigs.

I'll tell you this. All the people who say they'll come cut your grass or help with stuff?  They're lying.  They mean well, but they are flat out lying to ya. So I'll just tell you up front. I'm not gonna be there. 

I'll commiserate here. And I do feel bad for you. Hope you recover quickly. But other than that?  You're on your own.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2024, 07:50:20 PM »
JEEZ.  You are way older than me.  I'm a relative baby at 61. 

I hope my bones are stronger than your osteoporosis twigs.

I'll tell you this. All the people who say they'll come cut your grass or help with stuff?  They're lying.  They mean well, but they are flat out lying to ya. So I'll just tell you up front. I'm not gonna be there. 

I'll commiserate here. And I do feel bad for you. Hope you recover quickly. But other than that?  You're on your own.

This lawyer to be is the anti Carey and Hamner. 

That sucks, dude.  My only advice, whatever rehab they tell you to do, do it.  Orthopedics ain’t nuttin’ to fuck wit…much like Wu Tang Clan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

chinook

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2024, 08:42:29 PM »
concur with pale rider...do the rehab to the tee ...my late father broke his hip (in his early 70's) but too lazy to rehab properly, never fully walked again.  cancer ended up consuming him but i often think if he'd fully gained mobility he would still be here.  not sure.  cancer is what it is...

pale probably would cut your grass.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2024, 01:27:10 AM »
That’s hard to hear. I pray for a speedy and painless recovery.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2024, 07:25:55 AM »
I'm bearing down on 66 and went down in my kitchen three years ago (sock feet) on linoleum floor like I was being snatched by a cable. Pain was intense and I laid there alone for a good 15 minutes before moving. Seriously thought I was done.

I avoided telling any of my grown children for about three weeks and limped around with what turned out to be a helluva deep bruise. No repercussions since.

Have an older sister (78) that broke hers in a like manner about 15 years ago. She rehabbed it as much as she could though she already had degenerative bone density and advanced arthritis most evident in back and hands.
What's different about her is she never brings it up in conversation and deflects all discussion about her physical difficulties.

She now has some dementia which has been creeping up noticeably and complicates matters because she is and always has been determined to never slow down.

I'm also sorry for your troubles and wish you the best possible care now because you have many productive years in front of you.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 09:18:32 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2024, 09:19:02 AM »
Sorry to hear about the hip.  That sucks big time.  I'm in the 60's club right there with you old codgers.  In a few weeks, I'll add another number to the total.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2024, 09:21:22 AM »
Dang. Get well soon.

As one of the "40s crew" here, you guys give me so much to look forward to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2024, 10:27:31 AM »
Sorry to hear about the hip.  That sucks big time.  I'm in the 60's club right there with you old codgers.  In a few weeks, I'll add another number to the total.

Unsubtle birthday hint. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2024, 10:58:08 AM »
Unsubtle birthday hint.

You act like I've dropped like, 29 hints....just this month. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2024, 07:56:43 PM »
Dang. Get well soon.

i always pegged you as an AARP member.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2024, 10:41:24 PM »
Well found out why broke such a big bone. Multiple Meyloma. Bone marrow cancer. All good since the break found it early. Docs give me 10 to 15 years. Which is pretty much what I give my self with my life style choices. Drink fine burbunz, cigs and good pot. 42 year old g/f and my 2 younger sisters pushing me. Going to get ruff but no one said it was going to be easy. Cheers!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2024, 11:43:58 PM »
Well found out why broke such a big bone. Multiple Meyloma. Bone marrow cancer. All good since the break found it early. Docs give me 10 to 15 years. Which is pretty much what I give my self with my life style choices. Drink fine burbunz, cigs and good pot. 42 year old g/f and my 2 younger sisters pushing me. Going to get ruff but no one said it was going to be easy. Cheers!

Holy crap dude!  I'm so sorry.

I've been dealing with the C word for a little bit now and it's no picnic.  All kidding,sarcasm, jokes, and BS aside, my friend, I will add you to my prayers.

And depending on where you live?  I'll come cut your grass if you need me to.  I mean I'm not driving a long way unless there's an In-N-Out burger nearby. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2024, 12:04:11 AM »

Sorry to hear that. I’ll keep you in my prayers for comfort and healing. I can’t imagine. Hang in there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2024, 07:59:13 AM »

Dang, man. Sorry to hear that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2024, 08:00:08 AM »
Holy crap dude!  I'm so sorry.

I've been dealing with the C word for a little bit now and it's no picnic.  All kidding,sarcasm, jokes, and BS aside, my friend, I will add you to my prayers.

And depending on where you live?  I'll come cut your grass if you need me to.  I mean I'm not driving a long way unless there's an In-N-Out burger nearby.

Adding both you boys to the prayers list. Be well and be comforted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2024, 10:16:31 AM »
Sorry to hear that, Chit Dude.  Hang in there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2024, 02:30:03 PM »
Don’t have the privilege of knowing you, but you will be prayed for nightly with a 3 year old princess right along with K!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

bgreene

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2024, 11:42:32 AM »
Dang. Get well soon.

What he said
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2024, 12:12:16 PM »
What he said

With all you have been through, you’re an honorary old fart already.
Don’t slip and fall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions