Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ten to Zero

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Ten to Zero
« on: August 05, 2024, 09:24:36 AM »
Took a glance at the Sports section on AL.com this morning during breakfast. Ten Alabama-related stories. Either about position battles, practice notes, even kicking, or about dudes in the NFL. Zero on Auburn. Zero.

I get it. Having just escaped from there, I know how they drive the narrative. But that's insane. I get that Auburn is rebuilding, but zero coverage? Nothing? I find that baffling. Maybe I shouldn't. I don't know. Seems very short-sighted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Ten to Zero
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2024, 09:52:21 AM »
Let me be butt hurt over nothing too.

I’m confruzed.  I know all of this is petty, and doesn’t matter in the big picture, but I want Auburn at the top of the heap in everything, and right now, that means recruiting.  So, this weekend, U Free & Co. get a huge pick up in 5* Edge Rusher, Jared Smith.  6’6.5” 235.  Boom!

Of course, I’m listening to my local sports talk this morning, Bama Nation Radio.  Between breaking down every word from Karen DeBorez, the host grudgingly announces the commitment of Smith to Auburn.  Says, he chose Auburn over the likes of Fuck Georgia, Tennessee and FSU.  And at his press conference, DeBorez was asked about what units were standing out early.

Wait, was someone missing from that list? I go to 247 to see what’s up.  Bama did offer the guy. Of course they did, but you have to click on the complete list of teams to find that out.  Petty?  Yes, but to me it’s like nobody wants to hear that Auburn beat out the Tahd for another one.  Okay, that means nothing.  But, I see that Auburn is now 5th in the nation with zero 5* guys and fourteen 4*.  Hold on, isn’t Smith a 5*?  Click on Auburn’s list, and yes, he and Malik Autry are both 5*….but not on the same recruiting service’s national rankings.  So, 247 has Auburn with two 5* players, but 247 also has Auburn with no 5* players. 

I’m sorry, but this staff is kicking ass like never before, and by Golly Miss Molly, I want the recognition. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2024, 10:55:01 AM »
I want the recognition.

Just win, baby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
The Six,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2024, 11:10:58 AM »
Let me be butt hurt over nothing too.

We are now officially the founding members of BHB - Butt Hurt Barners!  :brilliant:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2024, 11:13:24 AM »
We are now officially the founding members of BHB - Butt Hurt Barners!  :brilliant:

BRILLIANT!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2024, 11:49:10 AM »
Just win, baby.

Hayyyy Pawwllll, we JIST let dem barners git a few of them ole instate boys and then yew knowd weez gon beat em fir the 19th time-in-a-roe come dis noveeemberr....dontchua thank Pawll this aint gone matter? The Taghd gonna win it on tha feeld. Aint that rite pawwlll?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
The Six,
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2024, 12:03:20 PM »
Look.  It’s like this.  I seent it wrote on alabammer.com last week.

Bama recruit nationally.  Aubren only recruit local.  So it don’t matter nary a lick. Unnerstan?

As far as founding members?  I been griping about this for DECADES brothers.  Ain’t nobody founded no more than I has.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2024, 12:43:59 PM »

Bama recruit nationally.  Aubren only recruit local.  So it don’t matter nary a lick. Unnerstan?

As far as founding members?  I been griping about this for DECADES brothers.  Ain’t nobody founded no more than I has.

Lot of Saban's studs and impact players in his early years and more dominant teams - were in state players.

Dre Kirk, CJ, Dee Millner, Julio and Barron - when Bammer took (bought) back over Mobile, and on and on....

Even a lot of their non Alabama kids were from north Florida, Tennessee. In other words, local/regional. They are eat up with Copium.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 12:47:51 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
The Six,
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2024, 01:12:06 PM »

Membership requirement #1: Not being "out"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2024, 01:21:48 PM »
Lot of Saban's studs and impact players in his early years and more dominant teams - were in state players.

Dre Kirk, CJ, Dee Millner, Julio and Barron - when Bammer took (bought) back over Mobile, and on and on....

Even a lot of their non Alabama kids were from north Florida, Tennessee. In other words, local/regional. They are eat up with Copium.

This right hea, my nurra!

Member#3 in da hizzy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2024, 02:02:20 PM »

Hayyyy Pawwllll, we JIST let dem barners git a few of them ole instate boys and then yew knowd weez gon beat em fir the 19th time-in-a-roe come dis noveeemberr....dontchua thank Pawll this aint gone matter? The Taghd gonna win it on tha feeld. Aint that rite pawwlll?

Ahhh'll hang up 'n lissen!

Honestly, history has shown that you can't win consistently at AU or bama without signing the instate kids.  Not only because they are historically competitive, but because you need those relationships when transcendent talent comes through.

Freeze has a head start on understanding that due to his previous stint in the SEC.  DeBoer is about to learn some hard lessons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2024, 02:14:40 PM »
Membership requirement #1: Not being "out"

Negative ghosthumper. 

When I was in, I founded the club.  My photo is on the wall in the Hall of Fame. It’s been there long enough to have a patina of dust around the frame.  My membership in this club transcends football.  It transcends time. I founded this club back when Herb Winches was still on the TV and Bahr Brunt still smoked chesterfields and whooped up on Mary Harmon. This club was born before Mike Raita and Rick Karle first chuffed Bammer jock juice. 

It’s my club. Yall just renting a room in the hall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2024, 02:19:21 PM »

Honestly, history has shown that you can't win consistently at AU or bama without signing the instate kids.  Not only because they are historically competitive, but because you need those relationships when transcendent talent comes through.

Freeze has a head start on understanding that due to his previous stint in the SEC.  DeBoer is about to learn some hard lessons.

Yesssir! #4 is in the barn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2024, 02:41:16 PM »

And being where Auburn is located, the Georgia boys always made up a good percentage of the roster.  I recall Terry Tot really neglecting the State of Jawja, thinking he had to be like Daddy and try and pull all he could from south Flurrida. For Auburn, I believe we have to hit the in-state kids hard, but we should always have a strong foothold in the Peach State. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2024, 08:05:21 AM »
I'm for about 60/25/15 split between Alabama, Georgia and all other, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana et al.

We are surrounded by conference enemies along with FSU and Clemson.

Think baseball. We have the weather for it and plenty of test subjects that thrive in it in the deep south.

And if Mississippi has a 6'3" 220 pound linebacker that runs a 4.4... we want him over a 3* offensive lineman from Fairhope that looks as if he already consumed a linebacker. Not rocket surgery. If you have to follow up and find a guard or tackle you buy the best one available, like a used Corolla.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2024, 05:04:52 PM »
Wasn't it those goobers that tagged that fucking "process" line that said "first the state, then the country"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2024, 05:15:17 PM »
Wasn't it those goobers that tagged that fucking "process" line that said "first the state, then the country"?

Red: ...Oh that was diff'rent!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions