Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Six Feet Under

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Six Feet Under
« on: August 03, 2024, 01:45:07 PM »
I’ve heard for years how great this show was.  In the same stratosphere as Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Wire.

While I’m (slowly, unfortunately) recovering I decided to give it a shot. 

It is NOT like those shows. It is terrible. Awful. Dreadful.  I hate it.

Every single one of the main characters is despicable, self-centered, loathesome. They are all narcissistic to the point of being irredeemable.

Dexter Morgan is the gay son of a funeral home owner - who dies in the first episode. Even minus all the repetitive gayness he’s a whining, emotional, snot. 

Frances Conroy (from American Horror Story) is the wife of the dead funeral home guy.  She looks like an 80 year old Amish woman but bounds from man to man banging them all. She’s also self centered and an emotional wreck.

Nathaniel (whore older son played by Peter Krause), Claire (entitled teen daughter whore played by Lauren Ambrose)  , Brenda (Nate’s cheating whore girlfriend played by Rachel Griffiths) are all emotionally bereft. Horrible human beings.

It’s constant screaming and narcissistic battering abuse.

I can’t finish it.  I just keep picking random episodes to see if it might get better.  It doesn’t.

I have noticed an extensive list of people who went on to become famous for other things pop up as supporting characters.

Chris Pine as a dead guy.  Breaking Bad’s Skyler as a mom whore.  That’ll do pig as one of the crone mom’s men. Adam Scott as a gay connection for Dex. Dwight from the Office as a nerd embalmer. Pam from the Office in a short cameo. Jeremy Sisto, Ben Foster, Ed Begley, Kathy Bates, Justin Theroux, Catherine O’Hara, Mena Suvari, Michelle Trachtenberg, Bobby Canavale, Hank from Breaking Bad….

And despite ALL that, the main characters are just so insufferable I can’t understand how anyone could ever have liked this show.

It’s awful.  They are awful. I hate every single one of them.  None of the main characters have a single redeeming quality. It’s constant emotionally vapid pointless conflict and a lot of yelling and confrontation.  Horrible show about even more horrible people.

Edited to add: of all the despicable characters, I despise the mom the most.  Such a fraudulent portrayal.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2024, 11:36:00 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

Re: Six Feet Under
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2024, 08:35:48 PM »
I’ve heard for years how great this show was.  In the same stratosphere as Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Wire.

While I’m (slowly, unfortunately) recovering I decided to give it a shot. 

It is NOT like those shows. It is terrible. Awful. Dreadful.  I hate it.

Every single one of the main characters is despicable, self-centered, loathesome. They are all narcissistic to the point of being irredeemable.

Dexter Morgan is the gay son of a funeral home owner - who dies in the first episode. Even minus all the repetitive gayness he’s a whining, emotional, snot. 

Frances Conroy (from American Horror Story) is the wife of the dead funeral home guy.  She looks like an 80 year old Amish woman but bounds from man to man banging them all. She’s also self centered and an emotional wreck.

Nathaniel (whore older son played by Peter Krause), Claire (entitled teen daughter whore played by Lauren Ambrose)  , Brenda (Nate’s cheating whore girlfriend played by Rachel Griffiths) are all emotionally bereft. Horrible human beings.

It’s constant screaming and narcissistic battering abuse.

I can’t finish it.  I just keep picking random episodes to see if it might get better.  It doesn’t.

I have noticed an extensive list of people who went on to become famous for other things pop up as supporting characters.

Chris Pine as a dead guy.  Breaking Bad’s Skyler as a mom whore.  That’ll do pig as one of the crone mom’s men. Adam Scott as a gay connection for Dex. Dwight from the Office as a nerd embalmer. Pam from the Office in a short cameo. Jeremy Sisto, Ben Foster, Ed Begley, Kathy Bates, Justin Theroux, Catherine O’Hara, Mena Suvari, Michelle Trachtenberg, Bobby Canavale, Hank from Breaking Bad….

And despite ALL that, the main characters are just so insufferable I can’t understand how anyone could ever have liked this show.

It’s awful.  They are awful. I hate every single one of them.  None of the main characters have a single redeeming quality. It’s constant emotionally valid pointless conflict and a lot of yelling and confrontation.  Horrible show about even more horrible people.

Edited to add: of all the despicable characters, I despise the mom the most.  Such a fraudulent portrayal.
Was so so close to sampling this series just a few days ago. My elder sister was in on many of these trendy series before they gained renoun. I could only watch so much back in its heyday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions