Florida -- Billy Napier
Mississippi State -- Jeff Lebby
Texas -- Steve Sarkisian

Thursday, July 18
Arkansas -- Sam Pittman
Auburn -- Hugh Freeze
Kentucky -- Mark Stoops
Texas A&M -- Mike Elko

I’m sure it’ll be four days of riveting news.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: SEC Media Days 2024
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024, 12:20:21 PM »
Day 1 Highlights

LSU -- Brian Kelly
- He’s letting his weird side out a lot. Also thinks they are gonna score a “shitload of touchdowns.” QB is cocky for a dude who hasn’t played much and is replacing a Heisman.

Ole Miss -- Lane Kiffin
- Oddly subdued. Not sure they know how to deal with actual expectations. Lane is still an asswipe.

South Carolina -- Shane Beamer
- Knows it’s gonna be rough. Maybe he will survive but didn’t sound worried about it. What’s SCar gonna get besides his clowning self? They don’t matter.

Vanderbilt -- Clark Lea
- Spoke to a nearly empty media room. Everyone is glad they are actually spending the SEC money on a stadium that is sure to hold more opposing fans quite comfortably. He gone and seems to know this was a mistake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2024, 02:22:23 PM »
Day 1 Highlights

LSU -- Brian Kelly
- He’s letting his weird side out a lot. Also thinks they are gonna score a “shitload of touchdowns.” QB is cocky for a dude who hasn’t played much and is replacing a Heisman.

Ole Miss -- Lane Kiffin
- Oddly subdued. Not sure they know how to deal with actual expectations. Lane is still an asswipe.

South Carolina -- Shane Beamer
- Knows it’s gonna be rough. Maybe he will survive but didn’t sound worried about it. What’s SCar gonna get besides his clowning self? They don’t matter.

Vanderbilt -- Clark Lea
- Spoke to a nearly empty media room. Everyone is glad they are actually spending the SEC money on a stadium that is sure to hold more opposing fans quite comfortably. He gone and seems to know this was a mistake.

His father, Monte Kiffin, died a few days before SEC Media Days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2024, 05:01:30 PM »

Vanderbilt -- Clark Lea

Pretty sure he had the added insult of starting his presser about 20 minutes after the new NCAACFB game dropped.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2024, 07:49:35 PM »
His father, Monte Kiffin, died a few days before SEC Media Days.

I know. I meant the tenor of the team. They aren’t used to being in the spotlight but seemed to be taking it in stride. Or maybe it was the quaaludes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2024, 07:50:09 AM »
Day Two notes

Georgia -- Kirby Smart
- Thinks JDHbis a tough place to play. Thinks Saban in the media is like being interviewed by Darth Vader. Carson Beck don’t care about no video games.

Missouri -- Eliah Drinkwitz
- Still a weirdo. Show me, I guess.

Oklahoma -- Brent Venables
- Uhm, we are just happy to be in the new HOA. Not sure we can afford it. We shall see.

Tennessee -- Josh Heupel
- Fastest offense of all time. Nothing is faster. It’s so fast it sometimes scores on itself. Fast fast fast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2024, 09:28:04 AM »
Day Two notes

Georgia -- Kirby Smart
- Thinks JDHbis a tough place to play. Thinks Saban in the media is like being interviewed by Darth Vader. Carson Beck don’t care about no video games.

Missouri -- Eliah Drinkwitz
- Still a weirdo. Show me, I guess.

Oklahoma -- Brent Venables
- Uhm, we are just happy to be in the new HOA. Not sure we can afford it. We shall see.

Tennessee -- Josh Heupel
- Fastest offense of all time. Nothing is faster. It’s so fast it sometimes scores on itself. Fast fast fast.

When I see Josh Heupel, the first thing I think of is fast. Very fast....Lamborghini fast. He just has that look.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 09:30:32 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
The Six,
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2024, 09:37:05 AM »
When I see Josh Heupel, the first thing I think of is fast. Very fast....Lamborghini fast. He just has that look.

It might not be safe for the public if UT is operating in maximum overdrive. This needs to be investigated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2024, 07:16:02 AM »
Day Three notes

Aabama -- Kalen DeBoer
- Genuflecting to Saban. He’s doing this way. More relaxed. Bama is being overlooked. (Yeah, right.). Milroe is still a cocky RB acting like a QB. They aren’t sure how to act when the world isn’t falling in front of them.

Florida -- Billy Napier
Hey our team is different. Everybody’s got new players. We got them too. We are good, dammit! (This dude is so fired.)

Mississippi State -- Jeff Lebby
Surprisingly nothing about the tapes he helped cover up. Talked about having a fast offense (heard that before).  Does seem to know they aren’t going to be good.

Texas -- Steve Sarkisian
Genuflects to Saban and the league. Burnt orange and full of confidence. Ewers is Johnny Football without the addiction or talent. Extremely overhyped. Everyone thinking they are equal to Georgia. Really?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2024, 09:39:19 AM »
Local sports talk caller

Did you listen to Debors yesterday? I listened to the whole ball o wax. I tell you what, Lance.  We got ourselves a goodun'. 

And the best thing is, he's talkin' bout throwin' that ball around, but he'll have Saban right there in his ear, tellin' him how to do this thing.  Don'tchu thank?

You know, Saban left after playin' fer nayshunal champeenships, while ole Pat Dye left under a cloud, didn't he. Saban'll be rat there to teach Debors, and raise all that money. Pat Dye ain't done nuthin' but meddle after he left.  Ain't that rat?

Whatchu thank about ole Meelrow?  He's gotta' be the leader for the Heisman rat now.  I'm hearin' he's doin' great things, ain't he.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2024, 09:42:56 AM »
Local sports talk caller

Did you listen to Debors yesterday? I listened to the whole ball o wax. I tell you what, Lance.  We got ourselves a goodun'. 

And the best thing is, he's talkin' bout throwin' that ball around, but he'll have Saban right there in his ear, tellin' him how to do this thing.  Don'tchu thank?

You know, Saban left after playin' fer nayshunal champeenships, while ole Pat Dye left under a cloud, didn't he. Saban'll be rat there to teach Debors, and raise all that money. Pat Dye ain't done nuthin' but meddle after he left.  Ain't that rat?

Whatchu thank about ole Meelrow?  He's gotta' be the leader for the Heisman rat now.  I'm hearin' he's doin' great things, ain't he.

I will never understand the level of masochism you have to enjoy to listen to caller-driven sports shows.  Especially the regional/local ones.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2024, 09:56:58 AM »
Local sports talk caller

the days will be dark, very dark ...the bahr statue will no longer cast a shadow.   

can't wait for the meltdown and pitch forks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2024, 09:58:41 AM »
I will never understand the level of masochism you have to enjoy to listen to caller-driven sports shows.  Especially the regional/local ones.

I never knew you thought of me as macho.  I mean sure, I've got a Bowflex in my garage, and keep a decent tan year round. 

I guess I kind of am.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2024, 10:00:43 AM »
the days will be dark, very dark ...the bahr statue will no longer cast a shadow.   

can't wait for the meltdown and pitch forks.

Pray.  Pray hard for this.

Unfortunately, they're recruiting like a mofo right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2024, 10:21:30 AM »
I never knew you thought of me as macho.  I mean sure, I've got a Bowflex in my garage, and keep a decent tan year round. 

I guess I kind of am.

Might was well call you Randy Poffo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2024, 10:23:33 AM »
Might was well call you Randy Poffo.

Oooohhh Yeeeeahhh
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2024, 12:38:15 PM »
Hughie Lewis and the boys hop on at 2:05pm, according to my sources. The question on everyone’s minds that will certainly be asked….

Can Auburn win right away?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

wesfau2

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2024, 12:47:00 PM »
Hughie Lewis and the boys hop on at 2:05pm, according to my sources. The question on everyone’s minds that will certainly be asked….

Have we had some good practices?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2024, 12:52:00 PM »

I'm sad it's no longer the wild, wild west.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2024, 01:14:06 PM »
Have we had some good practices?

Several weeks of 'em, a'ight?  Expect a solid 6 & 4 season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.