Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Summer Olympics 2024

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Summer Olympics 2024
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2024, 05:05:09 PM »
Sidney, Muhammed, Jugdish...

Oh, you've met?  Well, you'll have plenty to talk about then...

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman.  Damn glad to meet you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2024, 05:21:53 PM »
Proud to say I didn't watch a single second of it. 

I did hear the closing ceremonies attempted to summon Satan, and may have succeeded, though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2024, 05:30:04 PM »

I did hear the closing ceremonies attempted to summon Satan, and may have succeeded, though.

I actually watched a good bit of it.  The opening ceremonies were a freakin' joke, and they got hammered for it.  Deservedly so!  Maybe that will be a lesson to future hosts who try to make it about anything other than the spirit of competition.

I watched gymnastics, swimming, track and even the gold metal game in men's basketball.  Actually a great game.  I didn't know who most of the athletes were in track or swimming, but as soon as the gun sounded, I was all U.S.A.....U.S.A.

It kind of brought back a time when I really used to look forward the Olympics and enjoy them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2024, 08:34:19 PM »
I actually watched a good bit of it.  The opening ceremonies were a freakin' joke, and they got hammered for it.  Deservedly so!  Maybe that will be a lesson to future hosts who try to make it about anything other than the spirit of competition.

I watched gymnastics, swimming, track and even the gold metal game in men's basketball.  Actually a great game.  I didn't know who most of the athletes were in track or swimming, but as soon as the gun sounded, I was all U.S.A.....U.S.A.

It kind of brought back a time when I really used to look forward the Olympics and enjoy them.

Track and swimming were fantastic this year. Great group of medal winners too. The Cole Hocker race was unreal. Total upset and great kid. Katie Ladecky is still dominate in the pool.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2024, 07:48:45 AM »
Track and swimming were fantastic this year. Great group of medal winners too. The Cole Hocker race was unreal. Total upset and great kid. Katie Ladecky is still dominate in the pool.

^This.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
GH2001,
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2024, 07:59:42 AM »

Careful you may wake the woke or piss them off...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2024, 08:37:43 AM »

Yeah, I watched a bit more than usual this year.  Track, swimming and bball were the highlights, but I watched the fuck out of some team handball, beach volleyball, ping pong, archery, crew, kayak...french pole vaulting...

I think this year's broadcast was a vast improvement as they took the pro-golf theory: action, cut to new action, cut to new action...not a lot of standing around and waiting for the next competitor in the same event.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
GH2001,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2024, 09:00:50 AM »
french pole vaulting...

This checks out.

I tried to get my wife to watch table tennis, or as the Chinese call it, “ping pong”. She doesn’t understand the elite athleticism it takes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

djsimp

« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2024, 09:27:18 AM »
This checks out.

Yes, the French pole vaulting seems to have garnered lots of attention...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2024, 09:30:25 AM »
Careful you may wake the woke or piss them off...

Watching some kids win that have worked hard isn't "woke" to me. The Olympics were a case of baby and bathwater. Most of those athletes are good people that put in an enormous amount of work to get there. That spirit of competition is still alive and well despite what opening ceremony happens. Those athletes had zero to do with that. That all goes away when the gun fires.

BTDubbs - that word is going to become like "racist" within 5 years. It's going to lose all meaning being overused for anything someone doesn't agree with. JS broski.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2024, 09:34:22 AM »
This checks out.

I tried to get my wife to watch table tennis, or as the Chinese call it, “ping pong”. She doesn’t understand the elite athleticism it takes.

The level of athleticism required, and hand-eye coordination in that and badminton, is off the charts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2024, 09:43:34 AM »

BTDubbs - that word is going to become like "racist" within 5 years. It's going to lose all meaning being overused for anything someone doesn't agree with. JS broski.

How many days of suspension will TinyTitan dole out for its use?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2024, 10:19:35 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2024, 09:56:12 AM »
Watching some kids win that have worked hard isn't "woke" to me. The Olympics were a case of baby and bathwater. Most of those athletes are good people that put in an enormous amount of work to get there. That spirit of competition is still alive and well despite what opening ceremony happens. Those athletes had zero to do with that. That all goes away when the gun fires.

I don't disagree. These athletes have worked hard pretty much till they bleed to represent their country. That is the part that still makes the Olympics still entertaining to watch with a sense of pride for ones country. Yes, I still want the US to dominate everything and make everyone else second fiddle. So if this is the true "spirit" of the Olympics then why in the literal hell does the opening/closing ceremonies have to be so blatant with the satanic representation? I mean seriously. This view can be supported much much more in depth but I don't really want to. I will say though, there is a pointed fact that "Christianity" has been painted as unacceptable in the modern "spirit" of Olympics which I might add goes against what the Olympics are suppose to stand for.

As far as the woke thing. Thats just me and Joe King. I do agree, I'm sick of hearing the word "woke". Overused just like "racist"...

What I am really pissed about though is the fact that break dancing only gets one year in the Olympics, so I have been informed. This sucks because a few buddies and myself were planning on making a '28 run at it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2024, 11:48:30 AM »
Next summer games are in beautiful LA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2024, 12:39:26 PM »
What I am really pissed about though is the fact that break dancing only gets one year in the Olympics, so I have been informed. This sucks because a few buddies and myself were planning on making a '28 run at it...
I would come out of exile for that. You couldn’t do worse than the Aussie.
Break dancing in the Olympics…about 40 years too late. Have these people not seen electric boogaloo!

I had no time for any of it. Yes it’s a baby with the bathwater situation. But there has to be a line drawn at some point. It’s gotten ridiculous and I’m too old to compromise any more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2024, 12:57:34 PM »
electric boogaloo!

Wow.  There's a classic.  Shabba Doo and Boogaloo Shrimp. 

Of course Electric Boogaloo was the sequel. The original was Breakin'   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2024, 01:13:09 PM »
Couldnt help but share...the pre/pre/pre-Jabbawockeez

https://youtu.be/LG7BpB3O7T4?si=4oWAZ2QdkO11vYOJ
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2024, 08:15:20 PM »

Beat Street was better. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2024, 10:33:30 PM »

Nobody remembers Breakin’/Breakin 2.
But you mention Electric Boogaloo and everybody dances.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2024, 09:32:21 AM »
Nobody remembers Breakin’/Breakin 2.
But you mention Electric Boogaloo and everybody dances.

I read that and I'm dancing right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions