Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Place Your Itty Bitty College Tidbits Here

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Place Your Itty Bitty College Tidbits Here
« on: July 09, 2024, 10:33:48 AM »
One of the mile markers on the road to the start of college foosballz, is Media Days. This year, it cranks up on July 15th in Dallas. With Co U Free will be:

Payton Thorne

Eugene Asante

Keldrick Faulk

It will be a couple of short (LOOOONG) weeks after that, until we start getting reports from Fall Camp. To be fair, kinda' hard to call it Fall Camp when the heat index reaches Satan's nut sack level.

On a TV note.  I think many would agree that ESPN College Game Day has become almost unwatchable.  If I was not headed to teh Planez on a football Saturday, I always caught a good bit of in the morning.  Kind of a tradition, and got me fired up for the games that day. 

Then, they started F'ing with the line up, and added Pat McAfee, who is just a clown.  I'd rather watch Corso struggle through a segment or two.  But now, not only is McAfee returning, they're adding someone with the personality of a soap dish.  Nick Saban.  Aiight?

I shan't be watching again this year.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Place Your Itty Bitty College Tidbits Here
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2024, 10:03:18 AM »
Tidbit on the state of football

Read a piece this morning on a RB committed to Alabama, but THE Ohio State pushing hard to flip.  Anthony "Turbo" Rogers.  Just an observation that he will play this year for Carver in Montgomery.  Last season, he was at IMG Academy.  The season before, he was at Pike Road.  NIL is already creeping into high school sports, and within a few short years, it's probably going to be Kaos with a capital CH.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2024, 10:48:07 AM »
Tidbit on the state of football

Read a piece this morning on a RB committed to Alabama, but THE Ohio State pushing hard to flip.  Anthony "Turbo" Rogers.  Just an observation that he will play this year for Carver in Montgomery.  Last season, he was at IMG Academy.  The season before, he was at Pike Road.  NIL is already creeping into high school sports, and within a few short years, it's probably going to be Kaos with a capital CH.

The Wolverines have crazy NIL money?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2024, 11:22:55 AM »

The Wolverines have crazy NIL money?

Crazy doesn't begin to describe what's in the Carver Collective.  I'd put it more in the SICK category. 

I think HS NIL has only hit in a couple of States, but it's coming across the board.  What I foresee, is if you have a school that's pretty much been a pipeline of top shelf talent to a particular program, that program's boosters may fund a collective to keep em' coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions