Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Pussification of American Sport Continues

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
The Pussification of American Sport Continues
« on: November 01, 2019, 02:50:32 PM »
This kind of crap puts sand in my Underoos for a bunch of reasons.  But, if you're going to be a bunch of gaping vag's, just put in a mercy rule and stop the game if it gets out of hand.  And for crishakes, there will be worse scores across the State tonight in high school football.  You won't hear one word out of anyone other than:

We kicked that ass, or:

We got our asses kicked.

foxy

The coach of a New York high school football program was suspended for one game for allegedly allowing his team to run up the score on a fellow undefeated opponent last week.
Plainedge High School coach Rob Shaver was suspended under Nassau County’s “lopsided scores policy,” the New York Post reported Thursday. His team defeated South Side High School 61-13 last Friday. Shaver decided to keep his best players in the game despite being up 35 points in the fourth quarter.

Shaver told Newsday his explanation to the committee who decides whether he should be suspended was shot down. The policy prohibits teams from winning games by more than 42 points.
“They thought it was a mismanaged game, which my opinion is, that isn’t the rule,” he told the newspaper. “It should be: You ran up the score on purpose. That’s what the intent of the rule is for.”

Shaver added: “What made me the most upset, to be honest is, listen, if the South Side coach complained and said, ‘This guy definitely ran up the score on us,’ well, then they should investigate. Because that’s the intent of the rule. The spirit of the rule is to prevent better teams from running up on lesser programs and sportsmanship and dignity and all that stuff. I get it. That didn’t happen.”
South Side coach Phil Onesto told Newsday he had no problem with the score.
“I had no issue with how the game went,” he said. “I had spoken to coach Shaver, I told him I had no issues.”

Plainedge is the lone undefeated team in Conference III in Nassau County. Shaver will miss the team’s final regular-season game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

Re: The Pussification of American Sport Continues
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 03:26:40 PM »
Just give the losing team's head coach the option of running the clock continuously or go to a shortened quarter. 
That's just and merciful.

Don't make it a problem for the winning team's coach and his kids for being far better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 04:27:59 PM »
Will both teams still receive trophies?  

Also?  The sportsmanship committee would like a word with Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, Pat Dye, Bahr Brunt, Bobby Bowden, Tom Osborne, Pete Carroll, Barry Switzer, Jimmy Johnson, Bob Stoops, Dumbo Swiney, Chip Kelly..... oh, it's a very long list. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 04:30:22 PM »
It happens everywhere. Last year, my daughters basketball team beat a team 63-9. When we got up by 20, coach pulled the press off. After the game, a grandparent went up to him and said he was classless because the girls still played defense. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 04:43:42 PM »
It happens everywhere. Last year, my daughters basketball team beat a team 63-9. When we got up by 20, coach pulled the press off. After the game, a grandparent went up to him and said he was classless because the girls still played defense.
Your daughter was trying to embarrass those girls.  I hope you had a good, long talk with her afterward. 

Like just about everyone on here, I played sports of all kinds up into college.  Played intramural in college and a bunch of church softball, basketball, volleyball etc. afterward.  Won championships, won one game in a season.  Beat the hell out of teams and walked out with our asses in hand.  Ran up the score and had it run up on us.  The fuck, it's life. It's competition.  Deal with it.  If you don't want to get beat that bad, then get better, bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 05:39:56 PM »
If you don't want to get beat that bad, then get better, bitch.
That's what parents don't want to hear, though.  

Sophia's club team played a team this summer from Minnesota, 10 girls on the team, all freshmen, and 5 of the 10 had multiple D-1 scholarship offers.  They beat my daughter's team by 70.  And my daughter's club team isn't bad.  First thing my daughter said when she got in the car was, "wow, I need to get better."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 05:49:45 PM »

Sophia's club team played a team this summer from Minnesota, 10 girls on the team, all freshmen, and 5 of the 10 had multiple D-1 scholarship offers.  They beat my daughter's team by 70.  And my daughter's club team isn't bad.  First thing my daughter said when she got in the car was, "wow, I need to get better."
And here's the most important thing.  She got more out of that beating and her reaction to it than she would have had there been some dumbass rule about not playing defense or scoring too much. 

I can't say for certain that this was the case, but I tend to think it had something to do with it.  Auburn's round hoops team played by far, the toughest non-conference schedule last year they have ever played.  I've bitched about us playing 10 games against Stetson and Florida A&M forever.  You may get your poop pushed in a few times (Which they didn't) but when you face the best, you have to come away thinking, "Okay, that's what it's like to play on that level."  I think they balled with Duke and stayed competitive all game and probably thought if they had just hit a few more of those shots early on, they could have taken that game.  From that point forward, they knew they could ball with the best.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 06:02:39 PM »

Nothing's changed. Can remember my sisters hotshot alabama championship softball team traveling to Texas in 1978. Played three games over two days and had two base runners. Got absolutely annihilated in each game.

In explaining she made no excuses only laughed saying we only thought we could play. 

And to this day she would never accept a ridiculous accolade just for participating. We never just let our kids win, and yes there were tears.

Hate it for you!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 06:10:43 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 06:17:25 PM »
And here's the most important thing.  She got more out of that beating and her reaction to it than she would have had there been some dumbass rule about not playing defense or scoring too much. 

I can't say for certain that this was the case, but I tend to think it had something to do with it.  Auburn's round hoops team played by far, the toughest non-conference schedule last year they have ever played.  I've bitched about us playing 10 games against Stetson and Florida A&M forever.  You may get your poop pushed in a few times (Which they didn't) but when you face the best, you have to come away thinking, "Okay, that's what it's like to play on that level."  I think they balled with Duke and stayed competitive all game and probably thought if they had just hit a few more of those shots early on, they could have taken that game.  From that point forward, they knew they could ball with the best.
Exactly. Screw that warm up crap against a weak sister and take on a real challenge. It certainly paid off at tourney time even without one of our best. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 09:26:50 AM »

To be fair, at that point she probably realized that she had been dealt a shitty hand from the start by virtue of her father being a dirty air wing Hollywood Marine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 09:59:17 AM »
To be fair, at that point she probably realized that she had been dealt a shitty hand from the start by virtue of her father being a dirty air wing Hollywood Marine.
:popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 10:00:42 AM »
That shit won't buff out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 10:58:47 AM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2019, 11:55:45 AM »
To be fair, at that point she probably realized that she had been dealt a shootty hand from the start by virtue of her father being a dirty air wing Hollywood Marine.
Hey, you can call me whatever you want, but when you do call me, call me at home.

Edit to add...  since you aren't on as much, happy birthday this weekend, you fucking cockgobbler.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 12:01:54 PM by AUJarhead »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2019, 12:56:26 PM »
Hey, you can call me whatever you want, but when you do call me, call me at home.

Edit to add...  since you aren't on as much, happy birthday this weekend, you fucking cockgobbler.
You too you fucking air winger
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2019, 03:49:43 PM »
I've checked the calendar for this weekend and I don't see any birthdays listed for Fucking Air Winger or Fucking Cock Gobbler. Is GF slipping?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2019, 03:54:24 PM »
I've checked the calendar for this weekend and I don't see any birthdays listed for Fucking Air Winger or Fucking Cock Gobbler. Is GF slipping?
You shut your dirty whorish mouth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps_birthday
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2019, 03:54:33 PM »
I've checked the calendar for this weekend and I don't see any birthdays listed for fudgeing Air Winger or fudgeing rooster Gobbler. Is GF slipping?
10 Nov 1775 (Marine Corps Birthday)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2019, 04:37:01 PM »
Well, in that case.....

Image result for Marine birthday images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2019, 04:59:25 PM »
Well, in that case.....
If you're wondering what to get Sani, he would love one of these t-shirts:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions