Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

We've been Gus'd again!

jmar

Re: We've been Gus'd again!
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2019, 04:26:42 PM »
The Twatters are really giving Cord Sandberg the bidness. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2019, 04:41:41 PM »
We don't know what happened behind the scenes, but we do know what happened in the scenes and on the teevees.
Every week, Gus promised he had a package that included Gatewood.  He actually used that package a few times, but at the times of crunch, his sphincter puckered up and he reverted back to page 1 of the playbook.

Then, there was that little issue where Gatewood assumed/expected/guessed that it was his time to go in as the team hit the red zone...and the wizard came from out behind the curtain and pulled him back on national TV. 
what Joey told Gus Per Brandon marshmallow on finebawwm: 

hey you aren’t using me like you said. I’m confused about my role. What you told me about my role hasn’t come to fruition. 

If that’s the case....then yeah. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2019, 04:45:32 PM »
what Joey told Gus Per Brandon marshmallow on finebawwm:

hey you aren’t using me like you said. I’m confused about my role. What you told me about my role hasn’t come to fruition.

If that’s the case....then yeah.
Didn't happen.  Joey would never use "come to fruition" in a complete sentence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2019, 04:48:58 PM »
what Joey told Gus Per Brandon marshmallow on finebawwm:

If that’s the case....then yeah.
Well, I made this point in the another thread of the same....Whitlow was suppose to be hurt for the LSU game, then all the the sudden he aint. Instead of using Gatewood in this situation Gus went with Boobie and the Mildcat, which happened multiple times. The play sucked and gained nothing but possibly hurting Whitlow even more. I am sure this was a red flag for Gatewood since if there is any play Gatewood can ball on, its the QB sneak with an occasional pass. Instead, he is watching from the sideline an injured player take the snaps. Gatewood being pissed off about it, takes his opinion to Gus and Gus and his smug self prolly told Gatewood to get over or get lost.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2019, 04:49:34 PM »
Well, he can't throw a ball.  He's the eighth quarterback Auburn's had in the last ten years that Gus didn't allow to throw (except for random bombs) -- either because they were too stupid or too inept.  

So here's the deal.  Even if every single one of them WERE dumb and uncoordinated?  Who brought them to the team?  

It's GUS!! 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2019, 04:50:44 PM »
Well, I made this point in the another thread of the same....Whitlow was suppose to be hurt for the LSU game, then all the the sudden he aint. Instead of using Gatewood in this situation Gus went with Boobie and the Mildcat, which happened multiple times. The play sucked and gained nothing but possibly hurting Whitlow even more. I am sure this was a red flag for Gatewood since if there is any play Gatewood can ball on, its the QB sneak with an occasional pass. Instead, he is watching from the sideline an injured player take the snaps. Gatewood being pissed off about it, takes his opinion to Gus and Gus and his smug self prolly told Gatewood to get over or get lost.
That's the key there.  

Won't learn. Can't learn. Doesn't hear anything but the goober smacking voices in his own head. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2019, 05:01:33 PM »
That's the key there. 

Won't learn. Can't learn. Doesn't hear anything but the goober smacking voices in his own head.
That is the key and I hope the key to tell Gus to keep his 2 mill for the future dated Football Performance Center and put towards retirement or coaching elsewhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2019, 05:06:58 PM »
Racist!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2019, 05:24:31 PM »
Racist!
What are you talking about?  Since Mr. Gatewood and I are...how do you say....Homeys...I know for a fact that his discussion with Coach Malzahn went: 

"The fulfillment of the declaration of assurance that a higher level of participation would occur, simply has not materialized." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2019, 05:51:37 PM »
What are you talking about?  Since Mr. Gatewood and I are...how do you say....Homeys...I know for a fact that his discussion with Coach Malzahn went:

"The fulfillment of the declaration of assurance that a higher level of participation would occur, simply has not materialized."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2019, 07:50:52 PM »
Well. Paraphrased by good ole Brandon to pawlllll of course. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2019, 08:35:25 PM »
Track'em article starts with the same question withwhich it ends. Gus has yet to develop a QB. Cam was a natural that was smart enough to leave when his stock was high. The others weren't as fortunate.

http://trackemtigers.com/does-loss-at-lsu-expose-gus-inability-to-develop-qbs/

There can be no legitimate argument that Nix is on the same path as Jake Fromm or Tua Tagovialoa, and the lone point in his favor is that his offensive line hasn’t done its job in either pass or run blocking, even though Auburn is playing an all senior line. The future here is not bright, because it’s unlikely that Malzahn will develop Nix in the offseason, and it’s unlikely that he will have a competent line in front of him to start 2020.

Meanwhile, Auburn’s 2019 running game has struggled mightily against good competition. Many believe Gatewood could give Auburn a chance to run to set up the pass to a good set of receivers. Yet, playing Gatewood during Nix’s struggles was never a thought in the coach’s mind, based on post-game interviews.

After another dreadful performance by Auburn’s young QB, one has to wonder if Gus can develop a quarterback? Following a second disappointing loss, fans are left with three possibilities: Gus is showing favoritism to Nix, Gus is too bullheaded, or Gus believes that Gatewood has no chance of being any more successful than Nix. Regardless of which it is, all three are on Gus.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2019, 09:07:18 PM »
Nix is in my mind essentially Jeff Burger.  Similar skills, similar mentality. Same kind of guts. I loved watching him play.   

It sickens me watching the magic of Gus Malzahn turn Nix into Turtle Moseley.  I don’t want him to transfer but he deserves better.

The stupid fuck hole could have stuffed his high school handbook that he wrote a dozen years ago right up his dook, buried his enormous ego and hired a competent OC, quarterback coach and receivers coach. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2019, 10:20:18 PM »
Nix is in my mind essentially Jeff Burger.  Similar skills, similar mentality. Same kind of guts. I loved watching him play.   

It sickens me watching the magic of Gus Malzahn turn Nix into Turtle Moseley.  I don’t want him to transfer but he deserves better.

The stupid fuck hole could have stuffed his high school handbook that he wrote a dozen years ago right up his dook, buried his enormous ego and hired a competent OC, quarterback coach and receivers coach.

lemme wise you up hoss 

the hurry up no huddle is a.....well, offensive philosophy. Very offensive. It offends. 

Koi
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2019, 07:34:26 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2019, 09:19:42 AM »
This guys dead
Well cross him off then
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2019, 10:10:49 AM »
This guys dead
Dead guys can still pay up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2019, 10:13:25 AM »
A little something on Gatewood as a high school teammate at Bartram Trail 
Jacksonville.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/high-schools/2017-08-18/super-11-pull-other-programs-can-t-split-bartram-trail-s-qb-duo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2019, 10:25:47 AM »
Dead guys can still pay up.
And vote in blue states
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2019, 10:33:32 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions