Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hog wild!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Hog wild!
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2019, 10:21:28 AM »
Didn't help him either.
Agreed.  I'm not defending Gus.  I've wanted him gone for 3 or 4 years now.  We're sitting in the top 10 right now and I still want him gone.  I just don't buy into the notion that Nix' chances at the NFL will be limited because he's playing for CGM.  The scouts and those that evaluate for the NFL will know whether or not he can play at the next level.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2019, 10:22:41 AM »
Using Malik Miller should get the third and short.
Which is exactly why Gus throws the worm in there on those situations...to catch them off guard.  He's a geeenus, I tell ya.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2019, 11:16:10 AM »
Speaking of the Pats....

Last night, NE destroyed the Jets from the start.  I was flipping back and forth between channels and with about 6 minutes to go, the Pats got the ball back, leading 33-0.  I stayed there thinking I'll get to see a bit of Jarrett Stidham in mop up.  Nope, they sent Brady and the first team right back out there for another series.  Stidham did come in to kneel on it with a few seconds left.

Why in the fickity flippity fark would you send your HOF quarterback out on the field leading 33-0 with a few minutes left?
Never understood that rationale.

My point with Stidham and Nix is that I don't think Gus can sit in a filmroom postgame and actually help them.
Maybe some of his past "coordinators" tried with the others before but they obviously didn't have much of a positive impact if they did.

A hotshot wanting to progress should make the best camps and seek the best coaching. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2019, 11:47:36 AM »
Agreed.  I'm not defending Gus.  I've wanted him gone for 3 or 4 years now.  We're sitting in the top 10 right now and I still want him gone.  I just don't buy into the notion that Nix' chances at the NFL will be limited because he's playing for CGM.  The scouts and those that evaluate for the NFL will know whether or not he can play at the next level.
Not 100% sure on that.  If his footwork is terrible, if he doesn't learn progressions, if his mechanics don't improve it makes it that much harder for them to suss out his worth.  Guys with talent have disappeared before.

Hate to keep going back to LSU, but look at Burrow.  Talent?  Average.  But he's gotten the fundamentals, his technique is solid and he's being taught to make the right decisions in the right situations.  He's gone from a Goatboy joke to the current Heisman favorite.  And he's got announcers comparing him to Tom Brady to the point that the guys calling the game Saturday actually CALLED him Brady more than once and not in making a comparison.  It was like "Brady's pass to Fleurlisa complete for seven yards. He did a good job of reading the pressure off the end and hitting that throw over the middle..."  Goatboy is going to make money on draft day -- and if you'd told me that two years ago I'd have snorted in your face. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2019, 12:09:26 PM »
Not 100% sure on that.  If his footwork is terrible, if he doesn't learn progressions, if his mechanics don't improve it makes it that much harder for them to suss out his worth.  Guys with talent have disappeared before.

Hate to keep going back to LSU, but look at Burrow.  Talent?  Average.  But he's gotten the fundamentals, his technique is solid and he's being taught to make the right decisions in the right situations.  He's gone from a Goatboy joke to the current Heisman favorite.  And he's got announcers comparing him to Tom Brady to the point that the guys calling the game Saturday actually CALLED him Brady more than once and not in making a comparison.  It was like "Brady's pass to Fleurlisa complete for seven yards. He did a good job of reading the pressure off the end and hitting that throw over the middle..."  Goatboy is going to make money on draft day -- and if you'd told me that two years ago I'd have snorted in your face.
He's an impressive QB. We got after him plenty last year and his first reaction was to run and he IS a tough kid. 
But he's not even the same guy this season. Moves around just enough to get his feet set and seldom loses sight of his receivers. Strong arm too as he's often off balance while delivering strikes.
I don't really care for LSU so much but I like watching this guy operate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2019, 12:51:26 PM »
After a little research....

Really, the only thing that happened was that Co Yaw Yaw was smart enough to realize the incredible amount of talent they had was being wasted in the prehistoric offenses LSU had been running since the beginning of time.  After they got shut out by Bama, he openly said we're going to the spread.  They went and hired Joe Brady, a 29 year old who was a lowly assistant with the Saints.  He had played WR at William & Mary, I believe.  Brady learned his offense from Joe Moorehead while an assistant at Sandusky U, then added some aspects of Sean Payton's attack at N.O.

Having said that, Steve Ensminger remains the OC and QB's Coach.  Brady showed them the offense and coaches wide receivers.  Did either of them turn Burrow into a truly transformed, NFL ready QB, with awesome footwork and the sudden ability to work through progressions?  Ensminger?  Really?  Brady?  He doesn't coach QB's.  Or did they simply give Burrow the ammunition he needed to show what he already had the capability of doing?  Remember, he spent 2 years learning in a wide open offense at tOSU.  Doesn't everyone accuse Malzahn of not being able to have success at the position unless they trained elsewhere?

LSU has a massive and talented O-line, bad ass running backs and an assload of 4* and 5* receivers. They've had that for as long as I can remember.  Orgeron finally realized (As K has stated) the obvious and turned all that talent loose. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2019, 07:49:28 PM »
After a little research....

Really, the only thing that happened was that Co Yaw Yaw was smart enough to realize the incredible amount of talent they had was being wasted in the prehistoric offenses LSU had been running since the beginning of time.  After they got shut out by Bama, he openly said we're going to the spread.  They went and hired Joe Brady, a 29 year old who was a lowly assistant with the Saints.  He had played WR at William & Mary, I believe.  Brady learned his offense from Joe Moorehead while an assistant at Sandusky U, then added some aspects of Sean Payton's attack at N.O.

Having said that, Steve Ensminger remains the OC and QB's Coach.  Brady showed them the offense and coaches wide receivers.  Did either of them turn Burrow into a truly transformed, NFL ready QB, with awesome footwork and the sudden ability to work through progressions?  Ensminger?  Really?  Brady?  He doesn't coach QB's.  Or did they simply give Burrow the ammunition he needed to show what he already had the capability of doing?  Remember, he spent 2 years learning in a wide open offense at tOSU.  Doesn't everyone accuse Malzahn of not being able to have success at the position unless they trained elsewhere?

LSU has a massive and talented O-line, bad ass running backs and an assload of 4* and 5* receivers. They've had that for as long as I can remember.  Orgeron finally realized (As K has stated) the obvious and turned all that talent loose.
The last paragraph beyond size is truly debatable. This is not some offense made up of mythical beasts...not this line, not these backs. They get a B-.
Certainly better than ours, better than Florida's, not as good as Georgia's.

Cocky Jordan Jefferson is NFL ready and the other receivers are talented but not out of this world fantastic.

They are beatable. Somebody does it every year. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2019, 11:46:27 PM »
Having said that...if they beat us and Alabama they have to be the favorite to win it all based mainly on how money Burrow has/will have been in big games.

As for us:
Hoping the guy has a horrible day (he's due) and throws a couple of picks that lead to scores. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2019, 09:48:46 AM »
The last paragraph beyond size is truly debatable. This is not some offense made up of mythical beasts...not this line, not these backs. They get a B-.
Certainly better than ours, better than Florida's, not as good as Georgia's.

Cocky Jordan Jefferson is NFL ready and the other receivers are talented but not out of this world fantastic.

They are beatable. Somebody does it every year.

They're the #2 team in the country.  Over the last 5 years, 247 has their average recruiting ranking at #4 in the nation.  Their offense is ranked 3rd out of 130 teams and averages 540 yards a game.  Can you tell me what it takes to get a better grade than a B-?

Didn't say they're not beatable.  We have the talent to do it if Malzahn does some of that Jeenyus shit instead of his Cranio-Rectal Inversion play calling.  Just saying they have as much talent as anyone in the country and Orgeron realized he had to open up the offense.  He did and has gotten pretty incredible results so far. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2019, 12:47:09 PM »
Stidham played very well during the preseason. The Pats are happy with him. Brian Hoyer is the backup when needed or if something happens to Brady.
Keep in mind that New England has no problem moving anybody due a bump in salary in order to fill their needs.

See former Patriot draftees and now starting QBs Jacoby Brissett/Colts and Jimmy Garafalo/Rams.
No he isn't they dropped Hoyer, Stidham is Brady's backup
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2019, 12:48:40 PM »
Well. The Hogs sucked about like we thought. That didn’t stop us from being unsuccessful running up the middle though.
We got to see a lot of Kmart(seen it). More Shivers(seen it). Miller(no thanks).
Then finally DJ and HJ.
DJ should be RB1. HJ RB2.
But I’m sure we’ll trot then same ole ineffective RBs out there against LSU.

Nix finally settled down. I think he lost ALL confidence in the OL after UF.

I really love the JG and HJ combo. Two big guys that confused the D. Sadly we will never see it again.

This place is slipping....What's a ZJ?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2019, 02:46:21 PM »
No he isn't they dropped Hoyer, Stidham is Brady's backup
Well I'm sure glad we got that corrected. I think I might have misspelled Hoyer's first name. Maybe one of you good neighbors can check for me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2019, 08:37:14 AM »
You know CCTAU I have been thinking more about this and Joiner did look really good on Saturday, it's a shame we won't see him on the field the rest of this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2019, 09:27:55 AM »
They're the #2 team in the country.  Over the last 5 years, 247 has their average recruiting ranking at #4 in the nation.  Their offense is ranked 3rd out of 130 teams and averages 540 yards a game.  Can you tell me what it takes to get a better grade than a B-?

Didn't say they're not beatable.  We have the talent to do it if Malzahn does some of that Jeenyus shoot instead of his Cranio-Rectal Inversion play calling.  Just saying they have as much talent as anyone in the country and Orgeron realized he had to open up the offense.  He did and has gotten pretty incredible results so far.
Is it not time for a certain weekly thread? One where prognostications and conjecture occur along with some dank memes?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2019, 09:35:46 AM »
You know CCTAU I have been thinking more about this and Joiner did look really good on Saturday, it's a shame we won't see him on the field the rest of this year.
Pfft...little do you know.  Gus uses the wheel route at least once every 3 games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2019, 01:08:12 PM »
I don't know if the guy is the answer or not. But Gus had no idea what Pettway could do until he was forced to use him. I like the guy's upside. Big, strong, fast. But apparently he doesn't look as good as the lesser backs in practice!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2019, 09:49:54 PM »
I don't know if the guy is the answer or not. But Gus had no idea what Pettway could do until he was forced to use him. I like the guy's upside. Big, strong, fast. But apparently he doesn't look as good as the lesser backs in practice!

I want a DJ Williams/Joiner 1-2 punch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2019, 10:07:15 PM »
That's illegal in most states. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2019, 08:32:32 AM »
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/9/21/4757084/auburn-vs-lsu-final-score-lsu-holds-on-in-death-valley-for-35-21

This is the game that marked a turnaround for us. 

A loss.

It poured sewage and crawfish entrails the entire first half and we were 
ill-prepared right away.
Made a game of it in the third quarter and held our own. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2019, 10:06:01 AM »
You'll get Kam Martin and like it
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions