Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hog wild!

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Hog wild!
« on: October 19, 2019, 04:16:30 PM »
Well. The Hogs sucked about like we thought. That didn’t stop us from being unsuccessful running up the middle though. 
We got to see a lot of Kmart(seen it). More Shivers(seen it). Miller(no thanks).
Then finally DJ and HJ.
DJ should be RB1. HJ RB2. 
But I’m sure we’ll trot then same ole ineffective RBs out there against LSU.

Nix finally settled down. I think he lost ALL confidence in the OL after UF.

I really love the JG and HJ combo. Two big guys that confused the D. Sadly we will never see it again.

The defense? MD made a lot of money today. Good to see a couple  of guys back from being banged up. 

That group will keep us in many a ballgame.
Didn’t see Coe today?

Good game for another SEC win. I just hope Gus gives the right guys a chance on offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

Re: Hog wild!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 06:18:55 PM »
I like the JG with the HJ but the BN with the DJ ain't too shabby either. The D looked good as expected and it's anybody's guess if CGM goes with these combos or head up ass v. LSU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 09:54:52 PM »
Head up ass sideways. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 10:16:35 PM »
Head up ass sideways.
Dammit. I just bruised my thumb on that damn LIKE button!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 09:45:15 AM »
Head up ass sideways.
That'll be a great combo with a quarterback who doesn't trust his O-Line. Bo Nix is one rough game away from being Turtle Moseley. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 10:55:01 AM »
That'll be a great combo with a quarterback who doesn't trust his O-Line. Bo Nix is one rough game away from being Turtle Moseley.
No.  I don't agree with this assessment.  

However I do have concerns.  

1) Nix is going to suffer under the coaching he's getting.  I watched half a dozen other freshman quarterbacks yesterday.  All of them LOOKED like quarterbacks.  Nix doesn't.  The little things like footwork, body control, throwing mechanics are all being addressed by other coaching staffs in other places.  I just don't think he is going to improve at the rate he could/should given the rinky-dink instruction being provided to him.  I keep comparing it to LSU where I've watched Joe Burrow progress from a moderately-talented third-string Big 10 QB into a lethal decision-maker.  In almost every measurable category he's a better QB than the ridiculously hyped bullshit artist Tinkle Tonkeybalooga. 

B) Because of #1, Nix is going to struggle against teams (like LSU) where the limited options he has in the backfield and at wideout, the paucity of coaching the receivers are getting(and the lack of college level varied routes they are coached to run) and the lack of preparation he's getting will end up making him indecisive.  First drive Nix actually saw and hit a couple of passes that weren't outside the hashes.  After that, no routes were run in that middle-of-the-field wasteland. 

#) Our hard-headed head coach refuses to adjust (or doesn't know how to adjust).  As noted yesterday in a text, Arkansas adjusted after the second drive and then for most of three quarters Arkansas -- the pitiful Hogs -- shut the Gus machine down.  

5> Yesterday was a mirage.  Two quick scores, Arkansas makes some defensive adjustments and with 5 minutes left in the third quarter, it's a 17-3 game. Lots of cheap points after the Hog defense finally got tired made it look like something it really wasn't.  A deeper team (and one with a half-ass offense, remember Florida and see LSU) would have been a real problem. 

X>) What's the worst possible situation for the Auburn offense to be in?  Second, third or fourth and a yard or less.  I surely can't be the only one sick of watching AU fail to convert those.  

I don't see the team I saw yesterday, particularly given the pervasive coaching shortfalls, beating LSU, Georgia or Alabama.  Maybe that's  just who we are.  I keep telling myself it could be worse.  I look at Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi State and think how far they've fallen and how easy it would be for a stupid coaching hire to light our dumpster on fire.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 11:37:14 AM »
X>) What's the worst possible situation for the Auburn offense to be in?  Second, third or fourth and a yard or less.  I surely can't be the only one sick of watching AU fail to convert those.
Using Malik Miller should get the third and short.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 11:41:14 AM »
No.  I don't agree with this assessment. 

However I do have concerns. 

1) Nix is going to suffer under the coaching he's getting.  I watched half a dozen other freshman quarterbacks yesterday.  All of them LOOKED like quarterbacks.  Nix doesn't.  The little things like footwork, body control, throwing mechanics are all being addressed by other coaching staffs in other places.  I just don't think he is going to improve at the rate he could/should given the rinky-dink instruction being provided to him.  I keep comparing it to LSU where I've watched Joe Burrow progress from a moderately-talented third-string Big 10 QB into a lethal decision-maker.  In almost every measurable category he's a better QB than the ridiculously hyped bullshit artist Tinkle Tonkeybalooga.

B) Because of #1, Nix is going to struggle against teams (like LSU) where the limited options he has in the backfield and at wideout, the paucity of coaching the receivers are getting(and the lack of college level varied routes they are coached to run) and the lack of preparation he's getting will end up making him indecisive.  First drive Nix actually saw and hit a couple of passes that weren't outside the hashes.  After that, no routes were run in that middle-of-the-field wasteland.

#) Our hard-headed head coach refuses to adjust (or doesn't know how to adjust).  As noted yesterday in a text, Arkansas adjusted after the second drive and then for most of three quarters Arkansas -- the pitiful Hogs -- shut the Gus machine down. 

5> Yesterday was a mirage.  Two quick scores, Arkansas makes some defensive adjustments and with 5 minutes left in the third quarter, it's a 17-3 game. Lots of cheap points after the Hog defense finally got tired made it look like something it really wasn't.  A deeper team (and one with a half-ass offense, remember Florida and see LSU) would have been a real problem.

I don't see the team I saw yesterday, particularly given the pervasive coaching shortfalls, beating LSU, Georgia or Alabama.  Maybe that's  just who we are.  I keep telling myself it could be worse.  I look at Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi State and think how far they've fallen and how easy it would be for a stupid coaching hire to light our dumpster on fire. 
Agree all. I wanted Nix to go elsewhere where he would give himself a better future. His Dad surely knows there were better choices. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 06:34:23 AM »
Agree all. I wanted Nix to go elsewhere where he would give himself a better future. His Dad surely knows there were better choices.
I can't say this.  The orange and blue is sometimes in your blood and that's ok too.  That is why we will always have some fighters. Because they are blue (and orange) bloods.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 07:06:57 AM »
I can't say this.  The orange and blue is sometimes in your blood and that's ok too.  That is why we will always have some fighters. Because they are blue (and orange) bloods.
I think you know I'm talking about his progress as a quarterback with professional aspirations instead of allegiances that could very well end or at least severely inhibit his chances of realizing them.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 07:41:20 AM »
I think you know I'm talking about his progress as a quarterback with professional aspirations instead of allegiances that could very well end or at least severely inhibit his chances of realizing them.
Maybe he's content growing up to be a football coach at Briarwood. Who knows? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2019, 09:31:59 AM »
Maybe he's content growing up to be a football coach at Briarwood. Who knows?
True enough. Chip Lindsey went from QBing Troy to Spain Park and is now Troy's head coach. The Chipster owes a great debt of gratitude to Gustav who believed in him, nurtured his football IQ and basically taught him everything.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2019, 09:43:58 AM »
Gus or no Gus, if Nix has the tools to play in the show, he'll get his shot. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2019, 09:59:42 AM »
Gus or no Gus, if Nix has the tools to play in the show, he'll get his shot.
That would be almost two and a half years of elite tutelage.

Yup...boy's gonna end up a flinching, neurotic basket case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2019, 10:29:44 AM »
That would be almost two and a half years of elite tutelage.

Yup...boy's gonna end up a flinching, neurotic basket case.
Image result for Jarrett stidham images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2019, 01:14:11 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2019, 02:49:17 AM »
Stidham played very well during the preseason. The Pats are happy with him. Brian Hoyer is the backup when needed or if something happens to Brady.
Keep in mind that New England has no problem moving anybody due a bump in salary in order to fill their needs.

See former Patriot draftees and now starting QBs Jacoby Brissett/Colts and Jimmy Garafalo/Rams.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 03:00:41 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2019, 10:05:09 AM »
The point is that 2 years under Malzahn didn't destroy Stidham.  The NFL is only interested in whether or not you have the physical (and sometimes mental) capabilities of competing in the league. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2019, 10:07:58 AM »
The point is that 2 years under Malzahn didn't destroy Stidham.  The NFL is only interested in whether or not you have the physical (and sometimes mental) capabilities of competing in the league.
Didn't help him either. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2019, 10:12:50 AM »
Speaking of the Pats....

Last night, NE destroyed the Jets from the start.  I was flipping back and forth between channels and with about 6 minutes to go, the Pats got the ball back, leading 33-0.  I stayed there thinking I'll get to see a bit of Jarrett Stidham in mop up.  Nope, they sent Brady and the first team right back out there for another series.  Stidham did come in to kneel on it with a few seconds left.

Why in the fickity flippity fark would you send your HOF quarterback out on the field leading 33-0 with a few minutes left? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions