Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Are the Hogs really this bad?

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Are the Hogs really this bad?
« on: October 14, 2019, 07:07:40 PM »
They are pretty bad. They do have the SEC's leading rusher in Rakeem Boyd, but they are near the bottom in red-zone offense. So even if they run up and down the field, chances of them scoring aren't good. 

Defensively they are giving up 400 yards and 27 points a game which is in the bottom three for the conference (Ole Miss and Vanderbilt are below). 

Auburn opens up as a 17.5 point favorite. Seems fair considering our own issues. I don't know if they score at all or not so we don't need to score much to win this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Are the Hogs really this bad?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 07:56:41 PM »
If Gus calls plays like he did against Go Gaytah, it will be a sphincter tightening affair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 07:54:19 AM »
If Gus calls plays like he did against Go Gaytah, it will be a sphincter tightening affair.
I get the sense he wants to keep passes to around 15-18 attempts and rushing to be the primary focus of the offense. So, expect a lot of dives into the teeth followed by sweeps with the jet guys. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 10:24:56 AM »
My spider sense says this is going to be a much closer game than it should be.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 11:01:22 AM »
My spider sense says this is going to be a much closer game than it should be. 

Me thinks your spider sense is spot on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 11:41:56 AM »
Me thinks your spider sense is spot on.
I think yall are WAYYYYYYY off.  Our formula for this is to blow them the fuck out, then get treated like we are on a tear stained mattress in the back of LSU's van next week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 11:52:28 AM »
I think yall are WAYYYYYYY off.  Our formula for this is to blow them the fudge out, then get treated like we are on a tear stained mattress in the back of LSU's van next week.
^^^This^^^

We run for 250+ on the piggies only to have no idea what to do on offense when the dive play doesn't work the first 30 tries in Red Stick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 11:56:45 AM »
^^^This^^^

We run for 250+ on the piggies only to have no idea what to do on offense when the dive play doesn't work the first 30 tries in Red Stick.
Damn right.  Kam and Shaun are gonna'.....wait.....oh shit, are we really going in there with Kam and Shaun?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 12:11:39 PM »
I think yall are WAYYYYYYY off.  Our formula for this is to blow them the fuck out, then get treated like we are on a tear stained mattress in the back of LSU's van next week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2019, 02:43:29 PM »
Yup.

And to TS's original question: yes, they are THAT fucking bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 03:01:55 PM »
^^^This^^^

Oh bullshit.  We know exactly what to do.  Run it again for the 31st time. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 03:27:56 PM »
My Gustration will boil over during the next two weeks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 03:52:13 PM »
Oh bullshoot.  We know exactly what to do.  Run it again for the 31st time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2019, 10:52:37 AM »
I watched a good bit of the Arky/A&M game and thought the Piggies looked pretty decent.  They were mixing it up and moving the ball at will and the game came down to the final seconds.  But then, those two seem to play a barn burner every time.  Like Six said, they have the leading rusher in Rakeem Boyd, and they do spread the ball around through the air.  They have 3 receivers with over 20 catches and their TE, Cheyenne O'Grady, is actually pretty bad ass.  But again, giving up 27 points a game doesn't exactly give your offense the opportunity to do it's thang.

I think this comes down to play calling.  If Gus goes into his 2 up the middle and trying to convert a 3rd and long mode, this will be a long freakin' day.  If he mixes things up, gets his backs outside the box and keeps Nix from having to carry the team, we should win comfortably.  Which Gus will we see?      
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2019, 12:36:46 PM »
I watched a good bit of the Arky/A&M game and thought the Piggies looked pretty decent.  They were mixing it up and moving the ball at will and the game came down to the final seconds.  But then, those two seem to play a barn burner every time.  Like Six said, they have the leading rusher in Rakeem Boyd, and they do spread the ball around through the air.  They have 3 receivers with over 20 catches and their TE, Cheyenne O'Grady, is actually pretty bad ass.  But again, giving up 27 points a game doesn't exactly give your offense the opportunity to do it's thang.

I think this comes down to play calling.  If Gus goes into his 2 up the middle and trying to convert a 3rd and long mode, this will be a long freakin' day.  If he mixes things up, gets his backs outside the box and keeps Nix from having to carry the team, we should win comfortably.  Which Gus will we see?     
There is only one Gus.  That’s the sad part. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2019, 08:57:06 AM »

Also sad is how our three biggest rivals remaining on the schedule aren't even running the ball well, none of them...not like they normally do.
And I truly think we have an overall receiver group equal to or as talented to all but Alabama.
I call it a push with LSU and FUGA but mostly because both run big boy routes whereas our passing tree might be likened to that of Lochapoka's.

Shameful waste.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 09:12:41 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2019, 09:53:35 AM »
Also sad is how our three biggest rivals remaining on the schedule aren't even running the ball well, none of them...not like they normally do.
And I truly think we have an overall receiver group equal to or as talented to all but Alabama.
I call it a push with LSU and FUGA but mostly because both run big boy routes whereas our passing tree might be likened to that of Lochapoka's.

Shameful waste.
This right here.  Agreed that athletically, we're on par with all except Bama. They've just got an ass load of burners. (Sounds kinky) Here's the kicker.  Seth Williams, Eli Stove and Will Hastings have 21, 20 and 10 catches respectively.  Quite possibly the fastest man in the college game, Anthony May The Schwartz Be With You, has 5.  Count em'...5.  I understand he was Mr. Club Hand for a game, but he should be getting 5 receptions a game, minimum.

Florida played a match up game on us all day.  Their first score was a mismatch on our LB.  They found a good match up against Igbonerbonagy for a while and picked on him.  So, we can't find a defender Schwartz can beat on a slant?  BTW, he's averaging over 20 yards a catch.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2019, 10:06:46 AM »
This right here.  Agreed that athletically, we're on par with all except Bama. They've just got an ass load of burners. (Sounds kinky) Here's the kicker.  Seth Williams, Eli Stove and Will Hastings have 21, 20 and 10 catches respectively.  Quite possibly the fastest man in the college game, Anthony May The Schwartz Be With You, has 5.  Count em'...5.  I understand he was Mr. Club Hand for a game, but he should be getting 5 receptions a game, minimum.

Florida played a match up game on us all day.  Their first score was a mismatch on our LB.  They found a good match up against Igbonerbonagy for a while and picked on him.  So, we can't find a defender Schwartz can beat on a slant?  BTW, he's averaging over 20 yards a catch. 
How many plays are Williams, Hastings and Schwartz on the field together a game?  2?
My next game as OC will be my first, but it seems that seeing all three of them on the field together and even possibly Stove too would occupy all the corners and safeties and maybe a linebacker or two...and could lead to some big gainers running the ball just from that threat.  But if you send two of them on corner routes, somebody would be open in the passing game if you so choose to do that.

Or maybe Gus has just been playing vanilla and saving all that for Ellis Hugh and company.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 10:08:43 AM by Buzz Killington »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2019, 10:15:23 AM »
How many plays are Williams, Hastings and Schwartz on the field together a game?  2?
My next game as OC will be my first, but it seems that seeing all three of them on the field together and even possibly Stove too would occupy all the corners and safeties and maybe a linebacker or two...and could lead to some big gainers running the ball just from that threat.  But if you send two of them on corner routes, somebody would be open in the passing game if you so choose to do that.

Or maybe Gus has just been playing vanilla and saving all that for Ellis Hugh and company.
Pfffffft….you're just some schlep on a message board.  This man is making $7 mil a year and he knows full well that the only way that could work is if we're having success between the tackles on 1st and 2nd down.  Keep your logical, well thought out, offensive strategies to yourself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2019, 11:34:00 AM »
  So, we can't find a defender Schwartz can beat on a slant?  
The fuck is a slant?  Never heard of it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions