Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Get Ready For Round 2

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Get Ready For Round 2
« on: April 04, 2017, 04:44:39 PM »
I did yard work just about all weekend.  Hedge trimming, weed pulling, straw spreading etc. Perfect weather other than a little hot.  Not a cloud in the sky.  Get up Monday and they're talking about schools closing at 12:00 for bad weather that afternoon.  What?  Apparently, I hadn't been paying attention to much other than yard work and cold beers afterward.  We got a good blast through here before lunch.  Nothing major.  Some rough stuff hit in counties just east and west of us.  But all in all, not as bad as expected.

Just got a call from Snagette.  They've already closed schools around here for tomorrow.  What?  There's not a cloud anywhere to be seen.  Perfect weather.  Supposed to be some worster sheyot coming through all day tomorrow.  Same for your areas?  If so, hunker down and stay safe.  Peace!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Get Ready For Round 2
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 04:56:42 PM »
I did yard work just about all weekend.  Hedge trimming, weed pulling, straw spreading etc. Perfect weather other than a little hot.  Not a cloud in the sky.  Get up Monday and they're talking about schools closing at 12:00 for bad weather that afternoon.  What?  Apparently, I hadn't been paying attention to much other than yard work and cold beers afterward.  We got a good blast through here before lunch.  Nothing major.  Some rough stuff hit in counties just east and west of us.  But all in all, not as bad as expected.

Just got a call from Snagette.  They've already closed schools around here for tomorrow.  What?  There's not a cloud anywhere to be seen.  Perfect weather.  Supposed to be some worster sheyot coming through all day tomorrow.  Same for your areas?  If so, hunker down and stay safe.  Peace!

That area is getting what we got Sat night and Sunday morning, some bad stuff but most of it was rain and thunder, no major problems around here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 05:21:53 PM »
They're saying possible long track and violent tornaders and up to baseball sized hail just south and southeast of Birmingham the last I heard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 05:23:03 PM »

That area is getting what we got Sat night and Sunday morning, some bad stuff but most of it was rain and thunder, no major problems around here.
Even tornadoes hate you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 06:06:47 PM »
Your wife has talked to me about trimming her hedge sometimes when you're out of town.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 08:23:44 PM »

Yup. Mine are out tomorrow. Just went and took down anything that could blow away easy and stored it away. Got the generator on the back patio just in case. It was ugly here yesterday and our local weather guys are saying this one will make yesterday look small by comparison. We had a tornado bout a mile from my place about 3 years ago. Mfers really do sound like a freight train. That is no lie.

Stay safe X'ers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 09:24:42 PM »
Baseball sized hail and long track tornadoes are two terms that are sure to get your attention.  Stay safe errybody.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 11:43:01 PM »
Baseball sized hail and long track tornadoes are two terms that are sure to get your attention.  Stay safe errybody.

This. ^^  99% of the time, we wind up going, "Oh please, why the hysteria?".  Then you ask Ogre what his Pops went through when what...8 students were killed when an F4 ripped through Enterprise, Alabama about 25 miles from here a few short years ago. Direct hit on the high school.  I truly think that catastrophe made this State 100X more wary...safety conscience...whatever.  His Dad absolutely did the right thing in that situation.  Let those kids out and the death toll could have been in the dozens. 

Now?  They look at it 24-48 hours in advance and say, "Shut it down.".  Good call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 08:52:04 AM »
Hope everyone stays safe.

We're supposed to get rain around noon which will probably cancel the cards/cubs rubber game, but no hail/tornadoes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 10:54:08 AM »
This. ^^  99% of the time, we wind up going, "Oh please, why the hysteria?".  Then you ask Ogre what his Pops went through when what...8 students were killed when an F4 ripped through Enterprise, Alabama about 25 miles from here a few short years ago. Direct hit on the high school.  I truly think that catastrophe made this State 100X more wary...safety conscience...whatever.  His Dad absolutely did the right thing in that situation.  Let those kids out and the death toll could have been in the dozens. 

Now?  They look at it 24-48 hours in advance and say, "Shut it down.".  Good call.

Several years ago, I had to shuttle students (cause I was 40, a man) from the high school to their homes because no buses were running in The flash snowpocolypse we had here in the upper atl. Now, we get one snowflake and we shut it down.
Better safe than sorry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 11:08:01 AM »

Several years ago, I had to shuttle students (cause I was 40, a man) from the high school to their homes because no buses were running in The flash snowpocolypse we had here in the upper atl. Now, we get one snowflake and we shut it down.
Better safe than sorry.

That's because y'all are a bunch of snowflakes. 

#weaksmackupsideyohead
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 11:56:24 AM »
Even tornadoes hate you.

I'm glad they do, got one here in my fair city (Rowlett, TX) Xmas of 2015, did some pretty serious damage.

Luckily were in Mexico for the week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 12:01:39 PM »
I'm glad they do, got one here in my fair city (Rowlett, TX) Xmas of 2015, did some pretty serious damage.

Luckily were in Mexico for the week.

Wait, why aren't you "rowlettwareagle"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 12:06:17 PM »
Wait, why aren't you "rowlettwareagle"?

Too costly to change the "I hate Dallaswareagle" tee-shirts, mugs, and accessory's. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 12:08:26 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 12:26:41 PM »
Accessory's what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 04:04:41 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 04:31:57 PM »
Eufaula got popped for the 2nd time in 3 days. A bunch of damage around White Oak for the few of you familiar with that area.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 04:42:12 PM »
Eufaula got popped for the 2nd time in 3 days. A bunch of damage around White Oak for the few of you familiar with that area.

Use to love one of the golf courses in that area. On Wednesday you got to play 18 holes and eat lunch for $15.00.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 06:07:47 PM »

And over into Georgia with lumpkin. Bet the little Grand Canyon is a mess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 06:53:25 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions