Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So Gus is fired next week, who do we hire?

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: So Gus is fired next week, who do we hire?
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2016, 03:39:35 PM »
I want to be in charge of "Who hates Gus the most"

I know what to look for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2016, 04:19:06 PM »
I'll take the cheerleaders and Tiger Paws.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bgreene

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2016, 04:28:51 PM »
Kaos, we are gonna need some answers here.  Who's getting what job and what's my salary looking like?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2016, 04:36:17 PM »
I'll take over as AD.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2016, 04:46:04 PM »
Kaos, we are gonna need some answers here.  Who's getting what job and what's my salary looking like?

Salary? This is Auburn,   What's my buyout?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bgreene

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2016, 04:52:59 PM »

Salary? This is Auburn,   What's my buyout?

Whoa dallas. First you got to go in and have a good season and a half with a salary, and only when you start tanking at your job will you get a raise and a buyout.  GF is part of the Auburn Family, he's not going to break tradition and just start giving buyouts away like candy before you've proven yourself to be a bad coach.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 04:55:09 PM by bgreene »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

dallaswareagle

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2016, 04:57:23 PM »
Whoa dallas. First you got to go in and have a good season and a half with a salary, and only when you start tanking at your job will you get a raise and a buyout.  GF is part of the Auburn Family, he's not going to break tradition and just start giving buyouts away like candy before you've proven yourself to be a bad coach.

Not even if I don't try real, real hard?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2016, 04:59:48 PM »
No, not even then.  And shame on you for thinking otherwise.  I'm beginning to question your true abilities as a part of this program.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

dallaswareagle

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2016, 05:12:22 PM »
No, not even then.  And shame on you for thinking otherwise.  I'm beginning to question your true abilities as a part of this program.

Most folks get that before 700 posts.   :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2016, 05:12:50 PM »

You gotta' hate that guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2016, 06:24:58 PM »
I will announce my staff selections in the coming days. 

Sani has first dibs on tight ends. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2016, 07:14:46 PM »
I will announce my staff selections in the coming days. 

Sani has first dibs on tight ends.
Not campaigning here or anything, but my first act as Offensive Coordinator will be to find the page with the twirlybird play on it and rip it the fuck up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2016, 07:46:13 PM »
Not campaigning here or anything, but my first act as Offensive Coordinator will be to find the page with the twirlybird play on it and rip it the fuck up.
I had a play in intramural football one time in which everyone but two guys laid down and started screaming and flopping around as a distraction. Then the other 2 guys would take off on 2 long routes.

You can borrow it if you want.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2016, 08:20:38 PM »

Well, will we be able to recruit fullbacks then?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 11:41:36 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2016, 08:48:56 PM »
Not campaigning here or anything, but my first act as Offensive Coordinator will be to find the page with the twirlybird play on it and rip it the fudge up.

Well it's official, Buzz isn't qualified for the job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2016, 09:15:07 PM »
Based on what? The talking heads?  He has 3 more games experience then Gus Malzahn had at Arky State.

Not saying he isn't intriguing but I don't think we have a shot at him.

Every team in the country including LSU will be after him, and believe it or not Houston has some big money behind them as well, expect an all out bidding war.

And has beaten more top 25 teams the last two years...with half the talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2016, 09:22:38 PM »
I don't disagree with any of that.  And if we hired the guy, I'm sure I'd get on the Herman....umm....Sherman Tank (All I could think of right now).  He's so hot right now.  Hansel.

I'm just pointing out all the same arguments we've been using recently to imply that Gus didn't have enough experience and discredit any of his successes because he was lucky enough to have a great QB at the helm in certain seasons.

Not even close head bobbing creeper carer. Resumes aren't close at this stage as far as quality wins and progress at the program.

Gus was left with a pretty decent Arky State program from another guy who is a pretty good coach. As Chizad stated, Herman has taken them from a 2/3 to a 9/10 in 1-2 years.  Malzahn maintained the status quo at ASU and left. This is an apples and oranges argument.

There is nothing that guarantees Herman is a slam dunk but he is a hotter commodity than Gus was at ASU. Also remember what he did before becoming HC - won the Broyles and led tOSU's O to a Natty while making do with TWO backup Qbs against mighty Sabenz. Hell yes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2016, 09:25:03 PM »
I'd like to add that in reality, I still don't see the PTB firing Gus yet.....yet.

And then there is that.....this will be an expensive fire if it happens. Fans always use blank imaginary checks when making predictions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2016, 11:48:58 PM »
Not even close head bobbing creeper carer. Resumes aren't close at this stage as far as quality wins and progress at the program.

Gus was left with a pretty decent Arky State program from another guy who is a pretty good coach. As Chizad stated, Herman has taken them from a 2/3 to a 9/10 in 1-2 years.  Malzahn maintained the status quo at ASU and left. This is an apples and oranges argument.

There is nothing that guarantees Herman is a slam dunk but he is a hotter commodity than Gus was at ASU. Also remember what he did before becoming HC - won the Broyles and led tOSU's O to a Natty while making do with TWO backup Qbs against mighty Sabenz. Hell yes.

Aren't even close?  Now you listen up there, Triathlon Boy.  Gus had a MNC title under his belt and won 10 games at ASU.  How much more could he improve? And those back ups at tOSU weren't exactly Kadreel Frazha and Fetal Mosely.  That was a roster of Sabenz level talent, top to bottom.  Oh, and Gus too, won the Broyles award. I'll give people Oklahoma and FSU on Herman's resume.  (How's things been working out lately for those 2)  But please stop using the term "Quality win" when referring to Memphis, Cincinnati, Tulsa, Navy, Temple etc.  The American Athletic Conference..home of the lowest tier 3* player.  Not that hard when you inherit one of the most dynamic playmakers in the country. 

And Mods: Please delete all arguments stating the total sum of Malzahn's success being due solely to lucking into 2 of the most dynamic playmakers in the country.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:42:50 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2016, 09:07:06 AM »
And then there is that.....this will be an expensive fire if it happens. Fans always use blank imaginary checks when making predictions.

We as fans have to do our part.

https://www.gofundme.com/2pxem38?ssid=744255193&pos=1
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips