Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New Grass After Standford ass beating

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
New Grass After Standford ass beating
« on: January 02, 2014, 07:07:33 AM »
PASADENA — Monday’s Bowl Championship Series title game between Auburn and Florida State will be played at a different level than Wednesday’s 100th Rose Bowl.

That is because the field will be a few inches higher. Rose Bowl officials plan to roll new grass atop the current field.

“It’s done because the field is a stage for the athletes,” Rose Bowl general manager Darryl Dunn said. “Everybody, the Tournament of Roses, ourselves, want the field to be perfect. The only way to make it perfect is for it to be perfectly new.”

Two hours after the completion of Michigan State’s 24-20 victory over Stanford in the 100th Rose Bowl, grounds crew members began shaving the field so that there was very little grass remaining on the lush green field. Then truckloads of new grass, in rolls, entered the stadium and workers began rolling it on to the existing grass.

“It’s really thick and heavy and our grounds crew is fantastic,” Dunn said. “It has to hold the weight for all these big football players.”

Dunn said the task should be completed by tonight.

The Rose Bowl did the exact same thing four years ago when Alabama defeated Texas in the BCS title game, six days after Ohio State defeated Oregon in the 2010 Rose Bowl.

“They wanted us to do it four years ago and we were a little circumspect,” Dunn said. “It worked out phenomenally. One of the best things going for us is Southern California’s great weather. We’re all gung-ho and excited.”

No rain or extreme weather is forecast for the four days before Monday.

One thing Dunn’s crew will have to do is raise the goalposts.

“It’s a tall task, but the Rose Bowl is special,” Dunn said. “We’re very, very proud of our facility and we’re very proud of our field. We want athletes playing on Monday to be on the best field possible.”

After Monday’s game, the new grass will be rolled off the field and what is left of the grass underneath will be allowed to regrow in time for the 2014 football season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: New Grass After Standford ass beating
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 08:40:31 AM »
Didn't the Fiesta Bowl do this in 2010?  Didn't we have turf problems then?

Someone convince me that this is ok.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 08:41:57 AM »
It's going to make them taller, so it's got to be good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 08:54:33 AM »

I really don't remember us having any turf issues in 2010 but if we did I think it was from the shit just being torn up and not replaced. 
I seem to recall through my drunk stupor that they had just rolled it outside each day to try to get the existing turf re rooted and not that they had actually re sodded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 08:58:24 AM »
I really don't remember us having any turf issues in 2010 but if we did I think it was from the shit just being torn up and not replaced. 
I seem to recall through my drunk stupor that they had just rolled it outside each day to try to get the existing turf re rooted and not that they had actually re sodded.

I think that was the real issue with it there...being a dome.  Word is they did the same at the Rose Bowl in 2009, and I don't recall seeing any traction issues other than McCoy not being able to move out of the way from being speared by that bammer D Lineman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 09:01:11 AM »
I think that was the real issue with it there...being a dome.  Word is they did the same at the Rose Bowl in 2009, and I don't recall seeing any traction issues other than McCoy not being able to move out of the way from being speared by that bammer D Lineman.

You do realize that the entire field is on a roller system and can be rolled outside and not be in a dome, right?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 09:44:27 AM »
You do realize that the entire field is on a roller system and can be rolled outside and not be in a dome, right?

Yes, but they rolled it in at night.  That's got to be worth something...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 10:27:44 AM »
I don't recall any problems from those other games either. And if its an issue its an issue for both teams on both sides of the ball.  However I don't like it
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 10:39:45 AM »
For some reason I was thinking this is done every year of the BCS.  I think it was shitty one year in the orange bowl, but don't remember any issues since.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 11:18:44 AM »
I don't recall any problems from those other games either. And if its an issue its an issue for both teams on both sides of the ball.  However I don't like it
I'm not overly concerned, but one team will be gaining yards by utilizing the turf significantly more than the other.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 11:19:08 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 11:44:53 AM »

It def was a prob and more so for us than Oregon. IIRC, Cam changed cleats. I like UnderArmour but am not a fan of their shoes. Hopefully, we have a couple of different options just in case. We may need to break into the Chuck Taylor old school high tops.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 11:55:38 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 12:20:50 PM »
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/01/slippery-field-for-bcs-title-game/1#.UsWdx9JDuSo

Auburn's 22-19 victory over Oregon in the BCS title game was much more low-scoring than expected, considering the teams averaged a combined 92 points a game. Maybe the footing had something to do with it. Players from both teams seemed to have trouble all game with the grass.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110111150756AA73Ah7

The field conditions were horrible. That stadium is the one that allows the field to be rolled out into the sun for 5 or 6 days a week, then rolled back inside for the game. It was clearly too wet. How it got that way is, I hope, a mistake, and not by intent. It ruined the acrobatics that we could have seen, and people were dropping right and left when they tried to cut.

BTW, Kate Gosselin had an opinion on this piece.  She is dumb. And not that pretty.

But when you consider that she pumped eight kids out of that gina and her ex husband is a guido chode, I guess she's not that bad.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 12:23:42 PM »
Last night players were loosing their footing on the Fiesta Bowl field.  Guess they still haven't figured out how to correct the issue.  Maybe they should just leave it alone.  I mean you don't see the Cardinals slipping and sliding all over it during the NFL season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 12:59:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 01:12:12 PM »
Oh the camp town ladies sing this song....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 01:14:17 PM »
Oh the camp town ladies sing this song....

"Don't know that one huh?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 01:17:37 PM »
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/01/slippery-field-for-bcs-title-game/1#.UsWdx9JDuSo

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110111150756AA73Ah7

BTW, Kate Gosselin had an opinion on this piece.  She is dumb. And not that pretty.

But when you consider that she pumped eight kids out of that gina and her ex husband is a guido chode, I guess she's not that bad.

I'd hit it and git it. She prolly looking for more chile support.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 06:45:22 PM »
I'd hit it and git it. She prolly looking for more chile support.
At least with that many kids, you know she puts out (maybe for test tubes?)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions