Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Is This Even News Anymore ?

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
Is This Even News Anymore ?
« on: December 01, 2013, 02:49:17 PM »
Police said deadly argument at Iron Bowl party in Hoover left one Alabama fan dead, another in custody

on December 01, 2013 at 1:22 PM, updated December 01, 2013 at 1:41 PM

HOOVER, Alabama - Police on Sunday released more details about a deadly shooting during an Iron Bowl party in Hoover.

The shooting happened about 7 p.m. Saturday at the Summerchase at Riverchase apartments. Two of the female partygoers, both Alabama fans, got into an argument shortly after the game ended.

The argument started inside the apartment, and spilled over into the parking lot. Hoover Police Chief Nick Derzis said the argument turned physical and both women ended up on the ground.

One of them pulled a small caliber handgun and shot the other. The victim was pronounced dead on the scene. Derzis said the two women didn't know each other. He said police have not yet confirmed what started the fight.

Shelby County Coroner Diana New identified the victim as 36-year-old Michelle Sheperd of Birmingham. She was a mother of three young children.

The shooter was taken into custody. Derzis said the case will be presented to the Shelby County District Attorney's Office Monday to determine whether criminal charges will be filed.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/12/police_said_deadly_argument_at.html#incart_river_default
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Is This Even News Anymore ?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 02:52:12 PM »
It should be.  This type of behavior needs to go national.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 03:57:46 PM »
Insulated Isolent
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 04:28:27 PM »
Clay Travis' article rings true. And it's sad because it's true.

Token, you want to switch sides ole pal?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 06:49:24 PM »
Damn. She had already procreated!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 09:58:34 PM »
More details coming oit now
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/12/i_heard_her_take_her_last_brea.html#incart_river_default

The woman was still outside, and was still angry. "She was saying she was going to beat us up,'' Neketa Shepherd said. "Somebody was saying, 'they don't care about Alabama.'''

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 11:13:36 PM »
This has made national news now, ESPN had an article about it.  Supposedly the fight started after one woman was pissed off at the other woman because she wasn't upset enough over the lose.
Unfuckingbelievable.  Dumbasses
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 10:17:01 AM »
This has made national news now, ESPN had an article about it.  Supposedly the fight started after one woman was pissed off at the other woman because she wasn't upset enough over the lose.
Unfuckingbelievable.  Dumbasses

Reported here in Dallas on the local news.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'