Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

No bra, no job

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
No bra, no job
« on: July 30, 2013, 11:08:24 AM »
She's kinda cute.

http://www.today.com/news/reporter-fired-after-confessions-personal-blog-6C10789858

One reporter’s confessions about feel-good stories, going bra-free and her fear of old people may have been just a humorous exercise in freedom of speech.

But, she said, her station fired her for it.

Voice annoying, but she could be quiet. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: No bra, no job
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 11:11:25 AM »
She's kinda cute.

http://www.today.com/news/reporter-fired-after-confessions-personal-blog-6C10789858

Voice annoying, but she could be quiet.

Meh.  Id give her the dookie love.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 11:13:21 AM »

She's cute enough to find new digs rather quickly.

Here's a sneak peek as she got ready for the now infamous report...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 11:20:45 AM »
Gah...don't look directly into her eyes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 11:32:41 AM »
This is my voice. Hope it makes you laugh.

1. I've gone bra-less during a live broadcast and no one was the wiser.

2. My best sources are the ones who secretly have a crush on me.

3. I am better live when I have no script and no idea what I'm talking about.

4. I've mastered the ability to contort my body into a position that makes me appear much skinner in front of the camera than I actually am.

5. I hate the right side of my face.

6. I'm frightened of old people and I refuse to do stories involving them or the places they reside.

7. Happy, fluffy, rainbow stories about good things make me depressed.

8. I've taken naps in the news car.

9. If you ramble and I deem you unnecessary for my story, I'll stop recording but let you think otherwise.

10. I've stolen mail and then put it back. (maybe)

Maybe it was the napping on the job, the questionable credibility of sources, the alienating of old people, and the stealing of other people's mail that cost her her job. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 11:38:14 AM »
Meh.  Id give her the dookie love.

Lucky girl.  She has joined an elite club that numbers in the hundreds...of millions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 11:40:26 AM »
Lucky girl.  She has joined an elite club that numbers in the hundreds...of millions.
He is a giver. Selfless
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 12:03:31 PM »

#gape
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 12:18:29 PM »
Maybe it was the napping on the job, the questionable credibility of sources, the alienating of old people, and the stealing of other people's mail that cost her her job.

Her self awareness is an issue. 

1) She's not endowed enough so that braless would matter greatly.
2) She probably has few "best sources" because she isn't as cute or funny as she thinks she is.
3) I sincerely doubt she's as "better" as she thinks, although I suspect she often has no idea what she's talking about.  She reminds me of people who claim to drive better drunk. 
4) It's called turning somewhat sideways, but not all the way.  Doesn't take a rocket surgeon.
5) Who cares?
6) Old people are frightened of her.
7) Move to Mobile. There aren't any there.
8) People have taken naps during your broadcasts. So call it even.
9) I'm sorry, I wasn't listening. What you were saying didn't matter to me.
10) NEWMAN!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 12:35:08 PM »

Nope...it was definitely the bra less thing.  That's what it said on the innerwebs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 02:03:50 PM »
Nope...it was definitely the bra less thing.  That's what it said on the innerwebs.

In all seriousness, the big support for her comes from "free speech."

We really have lost it.  I mean, she's openly admitting to sleeping on the job and taking other people's mail at work.  Then when her employer asked her to not put her failures to do her job correctly all over the internet, she claims free speech and puts them up anyway. 

On the Today.com article, there's a poll.  53% say it was not a fireable offense. 

MAYBE I could see it needing only a reprimand or some kind of suspension or whatever punishment happens in corporate world, but I definitely understand if the boss wants to fire her for admitting to doing things against company policy.

It's like if I had a blog and wrote about how I gave my kids worksheets because I wanted to play games on my phone.  #FreeSpeech.

I made my kids watch movies sometimes because it was the only time I could watch those movies.  #FreeSpeech

Sometimes I would arrive thirty minutes late to work and sneak in through the back door without anyone knowing.  #FreeSpeech 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 02:29:51 PM »

We really have lost it.  I mean, she's openly admitting to sleeping on the job and taking other people's mail at work.  Then when her employer asked her to not put her failures to do her job correctly all over the internet, she claims free speech and puts them up anyway. 

On the Today.com article, there's a poll.  53% say it was not a fireable offense. 

MAYBE I could see it needing only a reprimand or some kind of suspension or whatever punishment happens in corporate world, but I definitely understand if the boss wants to fire her for admitting to doing things against company policy.

It's like if I had a blog and wrote about how I gave my kids worksheets because I wanted to play games on my phone.  #FreeSpeech.

I made my kids watch movies sometimes because it was the only time I could watch those movies.  #FreeSpeech

Sometimes I would arrive thirty minutes late to work and sneak in through the back door without anyone knowing.  #FreeSpeech

You mean, you don't really do those things?

You are 100% correct though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 03:57:06 PM »

To quote the infamous Saniflush, "You have the right to free speech, but when you use it you have to deal with the consequences."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 04:53:10 PM »
To quote the infamous Saniflush, "You have the right to free speech, but when you use it you have to deal with the consequences."

Listen to him. He's post law.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 06:29:03 PM »
Ok.  She's an idiot. 

"I was born to tell the news." 

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2013/07/fired_huntsville_reporter_shea.html#incart_maj-story-2

No longer cute.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 09:30:30 AM »
Ok.  She's an idiot. 

"I was born to tell the news." 

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2013/07/fired_huntsville_reporter_shea.html#incart_maj-story-2

No longer cute.
She has a face for radio.  Get your teeth fixed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum