Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

And the winner is...

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
And the winner is...
« on: October 03, 2012, 11:42:44 PM »
WOW.  The libs are freaking the fuck out, and the folks on Fox are positively GIDDY.

It's a whole new horse race, folks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: And the winner is...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 11:49:42 PM »
Fox put on one of the more ridiculous circus shows I've ever seen when Hannity started.

Some fat guy was polling a room full of "undecided" fat white people in Colorado.  The majority switched from Obama or undecided to Romney.  Never before seen results!  Wow! 

I switched it over to MSNBC to see some dickhead, dyke-douche guy insulting the hell out of Rudy Giuliani by attacking his character and trying to link him to accepting money from homeland security.  Rudy owned his ass and then Mad-SheBitch-Dow came on to say a bunch of nonsensical comments before sending it over to coke-fiend Sharpton who looks like he could wither away at any moment.

My opinion of the debate:

Romney was definitely the aggressor, and Obama looked really laid back.  I think Obama should have set the tone for the debate early on when Romney started his "that's not true, here's what I really believe" counterarguments to everything Obama said.  If Obama really believed in his statements and facts, he should have hammered Romney early, but he didn't and that killed him.  Obama could have called a run blitz to stop the runs up the middle but instead, he sat back in zone and let Romney run off tackle and run counter plays all night. 

Romney to me seemed a bit insecure in his stance among the American people.  He was so aggressive and so quick to interject his point that it seemed like he was scared the voting public didn't really know who he is.  But all in all, he opposed everything Obama claimed about him and was able to attack Obama's record.  If people were listening and cared, they have no reason to not lean towards Romney based on tonight's debate. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 12:06:51 AM »
I'm just in it for the laughs:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/10/03/chris_matthews_freaks_out_at_obama_after_debate_romney_was_winning.html

If Obama losing gets meltdowns like that, I vote for Romney.  That should be on his campaign. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 12:07:28 AM »
Romney beat his ass so bad, it might be considered a hate crime
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 12:11:54 AM »
More hilarity -

The Left's first spin tactic: Romney was a bully and took up too much time for Obama to talk.

Except Obama had 4 more minutes of talking time than Romney. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 12:45:15 AM »
Romney by a mudslide. Dennis Miller had the best tweets.  https://twitter.com/DennisDMZ
Dennis Miller Show ‏@DennisDMZ

Romney keeps this up Obama's gonna vote for him.

Dennis Miller Show ‏@DennisDMZ

Obama defending the last 4 years is like the Charlotte Bobcat coach defending last season.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 12:51:11 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 09:34:49 AM »
As one of the small group of voters who are actually informed, yet undecided - i.e. the core demographic these debates are aimed towards - count me among those impressed with Romney.

Honestly, I thought Obama was going to "win" this debate. I thought tonight's VP debates would be where the Republican mopped the floor. That is likely to still happen.

This is the "etch a sketch" that Romney had talked about. I hope that this is the real, unfiltered Romney, and I think that it is. I attribute much of his awkwardness that turned a lot of people off of him directly to trying to appease the fundamentalist/tea party base. This was the moderate candidate that I had liked early in the primaries. If the Republicans were running any of the other candidates, you would not see the success you are seeing now after the debates. The only one who could have come close would have been Gingrich, but his general likability likely would have netted a loss.

One thing's for sure, Big Bird is not voting for Romney.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 09:41:01 AM »
Fuck PBS.  Their time has passed.

They had the opportunity to follow the discovery channel/history channel model years ago and said fuck it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 09:54:53 AM »
Both candidates seemed to have left the bullshit aside and shot straight, letting their policies stand on their own. I like that.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2012/oct/03/fact-checking-denver-presidential-debate/

The only two items that were determined "mostly false", was Romney claiming that six independent studies backed his tax plan over Obama's where supposedly it was only two, and Romney saying Obama put in place a board that determines what treatments a person can receive. While they are not a "death panel" that determines individual treatments for individual people, they can reduce funding to hospitals with high re-admission rates, and thereby indirectly "determining" what treatments a person can receive. This is actually a part of the plan I agree with, and think is necessary for reducing wasteful government spending.

All that said, the two "mostly false" statements basically come down to semantics, and are not, in my opinion, egregious bullshit. That's a step in the right direction for actually discussing the issues, and letting policy speak for itself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 10:19:47 AM »
Both candidates seemed to have left the bullshit aside and shot straight, letting their policies stand on their own. I like that.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2012/oct/03/fact-checking-denver-presidential-debate/

The only two items that were determined "mostly false", was Romney claiming that six independent studies backed his tax plan over Obama's where supposedly it was only two, and Romney saying Obama put in place a board that determines what treatments a person can receive. While they are not a "death panel" that determines individual treatments for individual people, they can reduce funding to hospitals with high re-admission rates, and thereby indirectly "determining" what treatments a person can receive. This is actually a part of the plan I agree with, and think is necessary for reducing wasteful government spending.

All that said, the two "mostly false" statements basically come down to semantics, and are not, in my opinion, egregious bullshit. That's a step in the right direction for actually discussing the issues, and letting policy speak for itself.

But to hear the left talk today...they are flat out calling Romney out for lying. Calling him a liar. Basically saying that his 6 trillion dollar plan will have to raise taxes for the middle class...when Romney specifically said there are 3 ways to lower the deficit. Raise taxes from the people paying now, cut programs that are not essential to the government, and raise the total population of tax paying americans by creating jobs. He said he wanted to do the last 2 and had no interest in the first. Yet this morning, all the left wants to talk about is the first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 10:54:27 AM »
But to hear the left talk today...they are flat out calling Romney out for lying. Calling him a liar. Basically saying that his 6 trillion dollar plan will have to raise taxes for the middle class...when Romney specifically said there are 3 ways to lower the deficit. Raise taxes from the people paying now, cut programs that are not essential to the government, and raise the total population of tax paying americans by creating jobs. He said he wanted to do the last 2 and had no interest in the first. Yet this morning, all the left wants to talk about is the first.
Agree

I'll take the successful businessmans word on economic theory and numbers over the community organizer.

Good insightful post by Chizad as well. Summed it up nice. The lack of the moderators control was a plus to me. It allowed for a very raw unfiltered debate closer to Lincoln Douglas style. Color me wrong about Romney. I really thought during the GOP nomination process that the Obama machine would rip him apart during the debates. Not even close. That was nuts last night. Not sure I've quote seen an ass ripping that bad during a debate. Maybe Reagan/Mondale.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 10:58:55 AM »
Fuck PBS.  Their time has passed.

They had the opportunity to follow the discovery channel/history channel model years ago and said fuck it.

Reality tv and shows about alien conspiracies?

Leave PBS alone, please.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 11:01:43 AM »

Leave PBS alone, please.

Hey hey, pawn stars fucking rox!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 11:20:19 AM »

Leave PBS alone, please.

Carl Sagan is dead....

Fuck PBS. 

Not my job to subsidize shitty programming.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 11:23:19 AM »

Also light from Venus reflected off a weather balloon and there was this swamp gas you see..... Global Warming!!  That's it! And Bush!  It was his fault you see...and Romney used up all the time....and ate all the pre debate snacks and Obama's sugar got low....lockbox.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 11:30:11 AM »

Leave PBS alone, please.

If you had to borrow money from your neighbor to enjoy PBS...would you do it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 11:47:47 AM »
If you had to borrow money from your neighbor to enjoy PBS...would you do it?

Hells yeah. It's my neighbors money. As long as it don't come out of my pocket.......

Oh wait. I see what you did there.......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 12:06:32 PM »
"For so long Barack Obama has assumed that he will not face cross-examination from the media that he simply has little grasp of policy details, and in exasperation seems to look around for the accustomed helpful media crutch. But there is no such subsidy in a one-on-one debate, and only now it becomes clear just how the media for the last six years have enfeebled their favorite. And unlike 2008, there is now an Obama record to defend, rather than just repeating hope-and-change platitudes and vague generalities that have worked in the past. Romney is an effective debater and had a wealth of detail at his grasp that seemed to stun Obama, as if such a skilled opponent was not supposed to be part of the script. In essence, Obama looked tired, in the Nixonian mode, and he sounded like a petulant 1980 Jimmy Carter." - Victor Davis Hanson

Obama looking to the moderator for help last night was LAUGHABLE.

I also thought of the Nixon analogy last night.  In his televised Kennedy debates, Nixon came across as tired and his five o'clock shadow made him appear hulking and sinister.  Obama's body language and refusal to engage Romney face to face worked against him badly last night.  Even if you turn the sound off and watch the debate, it is clear who won, just from body language. 

Rubio said it too:  the media and his staff has so carefully protected this President from having to face the tough questions.  Teleprompters, sympathetic journalists, scripted interviews, censoring of news articles - now the chickens are coming home to roost and when their boy is thrown out there and left to his own devices, he is um... uh... you know... totally and woefully unprepared and uninformed, and unable to rise to the challenges being thrown at him about his policies and plans and most of all his dismal record from the last four years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 12:20:51 PM »
Guys and gals, chill out. The next debate will be closer to sea level, and Obama is going to own it:

"Obama arrived in Denver at 2 p.m. today — just a few hours before the debate started," Gore said on his network, Current. "Romney did his debate prep in Denver. When you go to 5,000 feet, and you only have a few hours to adjust, I don't know..."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 12:33:06 PM »
Obama looking to the moderator for help last night was LAUGHABLE.

I also thought of the Nixon analogy last night.  In his televised Kennedy debates, Nixon came across as tired and his five o'clock shadow made him appear hulking and sinister.  Obama's body language and refusal to engage Romney face to face worked against him badly last night.  Even if you turn the sound off and watch the debate, it is clear who won, just from body language. 

Rubio said it too:  the media and his staff has so carefully protected this President from having to face the tough questions.  Teleprompters, sympathetic journalists, scripted interviews, censoring of news articles - now the chickens are coming home to roost and when their boy is thrown out there and left to his own devices, he is um... uh... you know... totally and woefully unprepared and uninformed, and unable to rise to the challenges being thrown at him about his policies and plans and most of all his dismal record from the last four years.

May not have been the best choice of words.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'