Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

NFL Network says

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
NFL Network says
« on: May 03, 2012, 08:52:02 PM »
Ranking the top 10 Heisman winners in NFL history.

After one (albeit glorious) season, #10 is Cam Newton. 

Most said 10 was probably too low.  One said in a few years he'd take up spots 1, 2 and 3 in this discussion.

List includes people like Marcus Allen, Roger Staubach, Dorsett, OJ, Earl Campbell. 

The problem with this list?  Tebow appears at 7.  WTF?  And Bo is not on it. Fail.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 08:54:34 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Re: NFL Network says
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 09:22:46 PM »
In my homerific opinion, Cam Newton is #1.  He provided some damn fine memories for this Auburn fan.

In my unhomerific opinion, Cam Newton is #1.  Nobody - NOBODY - has had a season like Cam Newton.  He took an above average team and made them unbeatable.  He set multiple records and provided highlights that rival the all-time legends such as Barry Sanders, Marcus Allen, and Bo Jackson.  He's the most dangerous college football player in the history of the game as he was the size of a defensive end, as fast as a receiver, as savvy as the best running back, as strong as a tight end, and as accurate passing as any NFL great.  Throw in his ability to do all of this with a smile on his face in spite of the unjustifiable barrage of scandals conjured up by media dickheads and you're looking at the #1 Heisman winner of all time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 09:29:48 PM »
Tebow #7, Cam #10 & no Bo? That list is bullshit and whomever made it up is a fucking retard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 09:35:00 PM »
Don't know about #10 but one very impressive rookie season doesn't sniff of the careers Earl Campbell, Barry Sanders, Roger Staubach, Marcus Allen, OJ Simpson etc. had.  Maybe I missed what the list was about but from your post I take it that they're comparing how former Heisman winners have fared in the NFL.  If that's the case, it's off the charts impressive for him to make the list with that group.  Now Tebow...what the fickity fickity fickity fuck???  I wouldn't rank him ahead of Pat Sullivan's Pro career....and it sucked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 09:50:34 PM »
100 mutha fucking percent Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft to that list.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 11:35:35 PM »
Taken straight from the article...

Keep in mind this list ranks Heisman winners based on what they've accomplished in the NFL

People...put the Kool-Ade down.  Cam's rookie season was the titz.  Most of the guys above him are Hall of Famers with unbe-fucking-leivable NFL careers. Let Cam do it a few more years...then yes...

Now still...Bo and Tebow...fuck that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 08:55:53 AM »
Taken straight from the article...

Keep in mind this list ranks Heisman winners based on what they've accomplished in the NFL

Then how in the hell is Tebeau 7th? Its becoming hard to like him with the continued media droolfest. He doesn't even compare to Cam as a pro. The others like Allen and Staubach, are rightfully in their place. Guys are legends.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE