No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Surprise
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 01:42:37 PM »
http://alabama.scout.com/2/984835.html
And? Oh, should they pick Arkansas? The team Alabama has beaten the living piss out of the past few years? You just don't get it. You have nothing to base your assumption of Arkansas' greatness on, other than a hope, a prayer, and some freshmen who haven't played the first down of college ball yet.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 01:44:47 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 01:46:30 PM »
And? Oh, should they pick Arkansas? The team Alabama has beaten the living piss out of the past few years? You just don't get it.

A few things:

They have Arky at 6-6...Im thinking more 8-4
They have AU at 10-2, thinking more 9-3
They have LSU at 10-2, thinking more 8-4/7-5 - look at their schedule.
SCe at 8-4? I smell this years Ole Miss. 6-6.

Everything else (the records) looked spot on and about right.

RWS - please please please don't forget they roll 14 deep at RB. This makes a huge difference. Ronnie Wingo will be in NY in December.  :rofl:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 01:49:06 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 01:48:31 PM »
The guy that wrote this article is an idiot...

Example #1:

The 14-0 season gave Alabama its 13th national title.

Using redneck math...

Example #2

The only other SEC team with an open date after Alabama is Auburn.

Wrong, Moron.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 01:51:05 PM »
And? Oh, should they pick Arkansas? The team Alabama has beaten the living piss out of the past few years? You just don't get it. You have nothing to base your assumption of Arkansas' greatness on, other than a hope, a prayer, and some freshmen who haven't played the first down of college ball yet.

Since expansion, only Florida and Tenn have repeated as SEC Champions, and UT was the last to do it in 97-98.  

Nebraska was the last back to back NC in 94-95, and that was pre-BCS.

Just a thought or two to chew on for those of you who do get it.  Boartitz post is a jab at the media's typical pick of the defending NC to repeat.  It rarely happens, but it's usually a "smart pick on paper".  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 01:53:45 PM »
A few things:

They have Arky at 6-6...Im thinking more 8-4
They have AU at 10-2, thinking more 9-3
They have LSU at 10-2, thinking more 8-4/7-5 - look at their schedule.
SCe at 8-4? I smell this years Ole Miss. 6-6.

Everything else (the records) looked spot on and about right.

RWS - please please please don't forget they roll 14 deep at RB. This makes a huge difference. Ronnie Wingo will be in NY in December.  :rofl:

If Arkansas can maintain what they did last season, that's a win for them. I'm sorry, I just don't see them competing for the West. I said the same thing last season when everybody was clamoring over them. They just don't have the overall talent. They don't have the defense. And what is going to happen after this season when Mallett is gone? Fans like titz just can't see the writing on the wall, or refuse to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 01:56:48 PM »
Since expansion, only Florida and Tenn have repeated as SEC Champions, and UT was the last to do it in 97-98.  

Nebraska was the last back to back NC in 94-95, and that was pre-BCS.

Just a thought or two to chew on for those of you who do get it.  Boartitz post is a jab at the media's typical pick of the defending NC to repeat.  It rarely happens, but it's usually a "smart pick on paper".  
It's not a matter of I'm questioning anybody who thinks Alabama is going to repeat. Hell, I admit I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't. It's titz's recent "Arkansas will destroy all" campaign that I have issue with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 01:59:48 PM »
Ignorant.
Who did you think a Bammer writer was gonna pick? That was the "surprise".
Yall really do all think the same, don't you?
We can't HOPE for defense in the SEC, but yall can return 1 starter on defense and go undefeated? Get real. Last year is over. Yall have nowhere to go but down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 02:03:20 PM »
Ignorant.
Who did you think a Bammer writer was gonna pick? That was the "surprise".
Yall really do all think the same, don't you?
We can't HOPE for defense in the SEC, but yall can return 1 starter on defense and go undefeated? Get real. Last year is over. Yall have nowhere to go but down.

Well, this IS true, but do you have more than 1 starter that would start for Bama's D this year? I know we probably don't aside from 1 or 2. Their 2nd string is better than most 1st string. I hate it but it is what it is. They do gots teh talents.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 02:05:23 PM »
It's titz's any bammer fan's recent lifelong "Arkansas Bammer will destroy all" campaign that I have issue with.

Try this on for size.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 02:10:21 PM »
Surprise.....I think it's Bama's to lose again.  All rivalry crap aside, they've lost 2 games in 2 years and an ass-load of talent coming back, including the entire backfield (Heisman trophy winner) and Who-Lee-Oh among others.  

The only thing I see getting in the way is the NCAA crap going on and how/if it affects them.  It'd be nice if the real Tigahs could throw a wrench in the works at season's end.  

Oh yeah, and fuck BamaMag.cum
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 02:26:14 PM »
Surprise.....I think it's Bama's to lose again.  All rivalry crap aside, they've lost 2 games in 2 years and an ass-load of talent coming back, including the entire backfield (Heisman trophy winner) and Who-Lee-Oh among others.  

The only thing I see getting in the way is the NCAA crap going on and how/if it affects them.  It'd be nice if the real Tigahs could throw a wrench in the works at season's end.  

Oh yeah, and fuck BamaMag.cum

Saban's 2003 LSU squad graduated a grand total of 15 Sr players.  TOTAL, not starters, not scholarship players...TOTAL.

The 2004 LSU team went 9-3 (6-2) with a team sporting the likes of Addai, Broussard, Matt Flynn, Marcus Randall, J. Russell, Ali Highsmith, Jacob Hester, LaRon Landry, Tyson Jackson, Early Doucett, Marcus Spears, Corey Webster, Travis Daniels, Skylar Green, Kyle Williams, Bennie Brazell, Melvin Oliver, Claude Wroten, Andre Whitworth, Glenn Dorsey.

They returned a shitload of talent, that wasn't hungry anymore, and was just a shade better than mediocre.  That drive and hunger means much, and Saban knows this.  He also knows that this will be one of his toughest coaching jobs in getting this team hungry enough to repeat. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 02:27:52 PM »
Saban's 2003 LSU squad graduated a grand total of 15 Sr players.  TOTAL, not starters, not scholarship players...TOTAL.

The 2004 LSU team went 9-3 (6-2) with a team sporting the likes of Addai, Broussard, Matt Flynn, Marcus Randall, J. Russell, Ali Highsmith, Jacob Hester, LaRon Landry, Tyson Jackson, Early Doucett, Marcus Spears, Corey Webster, Travis Daniels, Skylar Green, Kyle Williams, Bennie Brazell, Melvin Oliver, Claude Wroten, Andre Whitworth, Glenn Dorsey.

They returned a shitload of talent, that wasn't hungry anymore, and was just a shade better than mediocre.  That drive and hunger means much, and Saban knows this.  He also knows that this will be one of his toughest coaching jobs in getting this team hungry enough to repeat. 

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Well, actually I could but I'm like really busy right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 02:54:04 PM »

They returned a poopload of talent, that wasn't hungry anymore, and was just a shade better than mediocre.  That drive and hunger means much, and Saban knows this.  He also knows that this will be one of his toughest coaching jobs in getting this team hungry enough to repeat. 

True...BUT...

LSU has a different culture of wanting to win than Bama. You know those redneck fuckers live for that shit 24/7. LSU (and most other decent programs) does not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 03:23:27 PM »
True...BUT...

LSU has a different culture of wanting to win than Bama. You know those redneck fuckers live for that shit 24/7. LSU (and most other decent programs) does not.

True dat, BUT...

Bammer fans are unique (uniquely fucked up)...Bammer players are not.  A football player is a football player, and a football team is a football team (from a mentality standpoint)...they'll be tougher to get up and ready to play as the defending Nahsunal Chumps.  For reference see the Utah vs Bammer Sugar Bowl for what happens when Saban can't convince the team they need to get ready to play.  It may not be that pronounced in any one game this year, but I assure you Saban is fighting that "fat and happy" mentality right this very minute. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 03:32:40 PM »
True...BUT...

She appears to checking for any instances of shartage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 03:36:21 PM »
She appears to checking for any instances of shartage.

I will save her the trouble and check for her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 03:41:16 PM »
I will save her the trouble and check for her.
And what if you find any? 

Eeeewwwww....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 03:45:49 PM »

Eeeewwwww....

I'll turn her around and f......

Eeeeewwwww.......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 08:56:35 PM »

Then we just saved some money on lube.  Now I can buy her a "Sorry about the sore asshole" card.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.