No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Auburn running back Onterio McCalebb makes SEC Top 10 list
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 09:05:21 PM »
I wonder if Lattimore would have been ranked if he signed with Auburn?

How is it that McCaleb is ranked above our starting back?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 09:17:14 PM »
I wonder if Lattimore would have been ranked if he signed with Auburn?

How is it that McCaleb is ranked above our starting back?

Maybe he has a chip on his shoulder from Auburn fans misspelling his name.  Kinda that wanting to prove himself thing.  Who knows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 10:54:51 PM »
I have read the Ontario put on 10 lbs of muscle since last season. This is good. Now he is up to 175. I do think it should be fun to watch the Fannin/McCaleb/Dyer running attack. Yes, I haven't included Newton, that is bonus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 10:55:35 PM »
Lattimore hasn't played 1 damn college game yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

#1Bammer

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 11:46:27 PM »
wait wait wait.... I thought aubarn was gonna land the 3 top rb's from last year? What happened?  oh yea..... dumb fukin barners!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 11:52:24 PM »
I have read the Ontario put on 10 lbs of muscle since last season. This is good. Now he is up to 175 one of Trent Richardson's calve muscles. I do think it should be fun to watch the Fannin/McCaleb/Dyer running attack. Yes, I haven't included Newton, that is bonus.

fixed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 12:09:31 AM »
I hope this kid makes me eat crow.  I'm not all that high on him.  He's got tremendous break away speed, but he runs straight up with stiff hips.  He's going to get hurt a lot if he doesn't learn to actually play the position. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 07:35:53 AM »
Maybe he has a chip on his shoulder from Auburn fans misspelling his name.  Kinda that wanting to prove himself thing.  Who knows.

+1 and funny as shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 08:44:35 AM »
+1 and funny as shit. 

Trey Blackmen agrees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 09:07:31 AM »
Trey Blackmen agrees.

So does Tubberville
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 09:13:38 AM »
fixed

So does that mean that Richardson is one of Fannin's calves?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 10:44:32 AM »
I hope this kid makes me eat crow.  I'm not all that high on him.  He's got tremendous break away speed, but he runs straight up with stiff hips.  He's going to get hurt a lot if he doesn't learn to actually play the position. 

The way he's used, he'll be fine.  He won't ever carry the ball 15 plus times between the tackles, and usually will be used on sweeps and Wildcat.  We have Fannin and the new Fr. coming in.  I find it a bit odd that McCalebb is on any top 10 list too.  He's a nice weapon, but his contribution is about 10 touches a game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 11:19:13 AM »
The way he's used, he'll be fine.  He won't ever carry the ball 15 plus times between the tackles, and usually will be used on sweeps and Wildcat.  We have Fannin and the new Fr. coming in.  I find it a bit odd that McCalebb is on any top 10 list too.  He's a nice weapon, but his contribution is about 10 touches a game. 

I agree, although I do like McCaleb, Fannin would be my pick instead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 02:00:51 PM »
I would like to see McCalleb used more as a secondary receiver and Zachery with a few extra totes. Also think the threat of Newton running gives defenses fits as a creator rather than Todd feeling he had to force some stuff after a few failed possessions in a row. It will be interesting to see how Malzahn gets around Tate's absence as the number one threat which defenses had to key on in spite of the varied formations and motion. Fannin, Burns and Dyer will get the heavy stuff done with this group in front of them, I'm certain.

The unpredictability of the offense could actually be more lethal without an bread and butter guy and everyone trying to make his own highlight film as long as Newton remains bent on dialing up the right numbers. We have the best overall receiver in the SEC in Adams.  A true deep threat on the field is what is needed to make this the most entertaining offense in cfb. We can get by without the home run, but who wants to?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 10:14:38 AM »
When a writer writes this:

Onterio McCalebb, Auburn

This is where the list gets more speculative. McCalebb, one of the nation's top recruits two years ago, gained more than 100 yards in each of the Tigers' first two games before hitting a string of injuries. By the time McCalebb regained his strength, Ben Tate had taken hold of the starting job.

He doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 10:17:16 AM »
When a writer writes this:

He doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about.

Bingo! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 10:47:04 AM »
After Untareo's injury last year (On a needless fake punt against Testicle St.) he was a shell of his former Makalib.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 12:23:59 PM »
I would like to see McCalleb used more as a secondary receiver and Zachery with a few extra totes. Also think the threat of Newton running gives defenses fits as a creator rather than Todd feeling he had to force some stuff after a few failed possessions in a row. It will be interesting to see how Malzahn gets around Tate's absence as the number one threat which defenses had to key on in spite of the varied formations and motion. Fannin, Burns and Dyer will get the heavy stuff done with this group in front of them, I'm certain.

The unpredictability of the offense could actually be more lethal without an bread and butter guy and everyone trying to make his own highlight film as long as Newton remains bent on dialing up the right numbers. We have the best overall receiver in the SEC in Adams.  A true deep threat on the field is what is needed to make this the most entertaining offense in cfb. We can get by without the home run, but who wants to?

I'm not all that impressed with Newton's speed. I'm not so sure his promise lies in speed, but more of a Tebow type thing. Tebow wasn't really a blazer, just one big tall tough fucker, thus hard to bring down. Newton's Rivals profile lists him as 6'6" 247 lbs and runs a 4.53 40. I was re-watching a few spring games I had on the DVR the other day, and if that kid runs a 4.5 40, it's the slowest looking 4.5 known to man. He does look to be a hard runner, though. Honestly, I was more impressed with Caudle than Newton.

AJ Green may have something to say about the whole best receiver in the SEC thing. If you're basing it on stat lines alone, I'm not so sure that's the best way to crown somebody the best in the conference. He's good, and I wouldn't mind him playing for Alabama at all, but best in the SEC? Not so sure about that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2010, 12:40:01 PM »
I'm not all that impressed with Newton's speed. I'm not so sure his promise lies in speed, but more of a Tebow type thing. Tebow wasn't really a blazer, just one big tall tough fucker, thus hard to bring down. Newton's Rivals profile lists him as 6'6" 247 lbs and runs a 4.53 40. I was re-watching a few spring games I had on the DVR the other day, and if that kid runs a 4.5 40, it's the slowest looking 4.5 known to man. He does look to be a hard runner, though. Honestly, I was more impressed with Caudle than Newton.

AJ Green may have something to say about the whole best receiver in the SEC thing. If you're basing it on stat lines alone, I'm not so sure that's the best way to crown somebody the best in the conference. He's good, and I wouldn't mind him playing for Alabama at all, but best in the SEC? Not so sure about that.

I didn't ever think Matt Jones looked like he ran very fast either but I think our secondary would attest to the fact that he did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions