Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

THIS is why I hate T-sips...

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
THIS is why I hate T-sips...
« on: June 11, 2010, 10:27:22 PM »
Texas and Texas A&M, meanwhile, appear at odds on the next step to make. Byrne, who was once the athletic director at Oregon, has been vocal since last week about the burden the increased travel would place on student-athletes in a Pac-16. Moving to the SEC would certainly make travel much less of an issue.

Texas, however, isn't in favor of the move because its institution would be aligned with several schools in the SEC that don't share similar academic reputations.

FUCK.  YOU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
Re: THIS is why I hate T-sips...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 10:33:23 PM »
just speaking from personal experience....but it is no harder to get admitted to the University of Texas than it is to get admitted to Auburn, uat or most any other SEC school.

I know this because Texas accepted me, sight unseen, for attendance to their "great" academic institution....................I might be guessing here but if Texas will let me in, they will let just about any one in.

The academic line is bunk and I agree w/ Ms. Wench's sentiments

:bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 10:38:17 PM »
phuk.  YOU.

I heart you more than eva

Weird thing is, the SEC has more Top 50 Public/Private schools than the Big 12. Once you get past Texas and Baylor, that conference is pretty chitty academically. Vandy, UF, UAT, AU, GA - all very good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 11:03:52 PM »
I heart you more than eva

Weird thing is, the SEC has more Top 50 Public/Private schools than the Big 12. Once you get past Texas and Baylor, that conference is pretty chitty academically. Vandy, UF, UAT, AU, GA - all very good.
And I read that Baylor is out of the Pac-10 equation. Also that Baylor lobbyied all of Texas when they should of been in CA., and being a Baptist school didn't set well with the socals.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 11:15:51 PM »
That's the only reason why I dislike Texas, and it makes me dislike them a lot.

Why does Texas, an overpopulated state school, believe they are the mecca for the world of academia? 

No one cares about Texas academics.  They only care about sports. 

I honestly think in the back of their minds, they're scared to join the SEC.  Texas would become just like everyone else in the SEC - fighting their ass off to put together a three-four year run of success with the hopes of one or two conference championships. 

They enjoy their cakewalk.  The Pac 16 will seem like a tough conference, but it's just a bigger version of the Big 12.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 12:14:59 AM »
I know they are afraid to join the SEC.  NO WAY they could make anything like a dominating run.  And I still say that the whole Big XII style of play is just not a good fit in the SEC.  Watching a Big XII game and then an SEC game is like watching two different sports.  I MUCH prefer the SEC... ;)

Not to mention, Mack Brown is king in TX - in the SEC, he's just another good coach.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 12:58:18 AM »
I was just having a very heated argument about this very topic with a Texas grad.  I was owning him.  I of course substituted my educational background for that of Tigerwench's double degree educational credentials while copy and pasting "Tigerwench vs 280Tiger" posts to make my argument, but I was owning him!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 01:23:16 PM »
Texas, however, isn't in favor of the move because its institution would be aligned with several schools in the SEC that don't share similar academic reputations.

Could also be read......

Texas, however, isn't in favor of the move because its institution would be aligned with several schools in the SEC that would whip their ass 3 or 4 times a season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 02:10:53 PM »
Could also be read......

Your second is most likely.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 10:26:34 AM »
And I read that Baylor is out of the Pac-10 equation. Also that Baylor lobbyied all of Texas when they should of been in CA., and being a Baptist school didn't set well with the socals.     

wow - reverse that situation and Berkley would riot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 11:45:56 AM »
I was just having a very heated argument about this very topic with a Texas grad.  I was owning him.  ...I was owning him!

Keep dreaming fuckstick, keep dreaming.  You couldn't "own" a pile of dog shit in an intellectual debate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 12:10:25 PM »
Keep dreaming phukstick, keep dreaming.  You couldn't "own" a pile of dog poop in an intellectual debate.

Actually - with the way Texas fans "reason" and with the fantasyland paradigm they live in, I wouldn't doubt Bham owning one at all. They are a weird bunch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 12:23:40 PM »
Actually - with the way Texas fans "reason" and with the fantasyland paradigm they live in, I wouldn't doubt Bham owning one at all. They are a weird bunch.

The fact that they are so bammer like, yet greater in number doesn't make Bham any smarter.  At best Bham and a delusional Bham/bammer like Texas fan would simply suck all the intelligence out of the room like an intellectual black hole. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 12:32:04 PM »
The fact that they are so bammer like, yet greater in number doesn't make Bham any smarter.  At best Bham and a delusional Bham/bammer like Texas fan would simply suck all the intelligence out of the room like an intellectual black hole. 

The Texas fans I have talked to and the logic they are using in all of this - Bham would destroy them as most would on here. They are being real looney tunes at the moment. If I had even one ounce of respect for TU before, it got lost  earlier this week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 12:33:37 PM »
The Texas fans I have talked to and the logic they are using in all of this - Bham would destroy them as most would on here. They are being real looney tunes at the moment. If I had even one ounce of respect for TU before, it got lost  earlier this week.

I don't guess I ever had any respect, like or dislike for them really...I have heard a ton of shit out of them lately.  They're about as pompous as they come, and quite full of shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions