Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Throw Muschamp into the ring

Mr. Sensible

Throw Muschamp into the ring
« on: December 27, 2009, 09:27:35 AM »
He has no buyout.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2009/12/10/details_provide.html
There is no buyout clause in the contract if another school wants to hire Muschamp away before Brown retires. Texas athletics director DeLoss Dodds has said that he has never put a buyout clause in any coach’s contract.

And according to footballcoachscoop.com

FootballCoachScoop sources tell us that Athletic Director Jeremy Foley is interested in talking with Texas Defensive Coordinator Will Muschamp.  
According to our sources, Foley and the Gators are expected to replace Meyer within a week.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 09:30:17 AM by Mr. Sensible »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

Re: Throw Muschamp into the ring
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 09:34:10 AM »
I have no sources, but just pure speculation, I'd say the list is:

Will Muschamp
Kyle Whittingham
Chris Peterson
Gary Patterson

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 09:45:32 AM »
I would be interested in knowing how many here think Muschamp (our excitable ex-DC) is cut out for the off the field duties and public poop that accompany such a job, keeping in mind this is Florida now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 09:46:52 AM »
I would be interested in knowing how many here think Muschamp (our excitable ex-DC) is cut out for the off the field duties and public poop that accompany such a job, keeping in mind this is Florida now.

That is an excellent point. Is he cut out for it in Texas?

Personally, I think Whittingham or Peterson would be solid replacements unless they can get Stoops out of Oklahoma.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 10:17:54 AM »
Oklahoma might choose to up the ante then again, did Bradford's injury render the man human in the eyes of Soonerdom? Will there be a topsy turvy where if they take so and so then we snatch the other guy up? Peterson is a wild card of sorts and could very well play into the scenario. I still do not think that recruiting is a problem at Florida, but I do think they have certain "qualities" that they intend to stick to with the replacement; (hot seat)
a template of sorts to which Peterson and certainly Stoops would seem to fit.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 12:05:09 PM »
Wittingham is their best bet.  He's not as dominant as Meyer, but I think he could come in and put together a good five year run.  He could win a national title with the talent at Florida right now, and he runs a similar (if not the same) system as Meyer.   

Mullen is being seriously considered.  For Florida's sake, I hope that isn't true.  Who is Dan Mullen?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 12:18:39 PM »
Mullen is being seriously considered.  For Florida's sake, I hope that isn't true.  Who is Dan Mullen?
Like I said in another thread, if this is true and they hire Mullen, then there is just something wrong there. With all the money they could throw down for a top notch coach, they go with Mullen? I just really really can't see it happening. If it does, then damn.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 12:27:42 PM »
For Florida's sake I hope Mullen gets the job. But I don't see it happening.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 01:51:58 PM »
Like I said in another thread, if this is true and they hire Mullen, then there is just something wrong there. With all the money they could throw down for a top notch coach, they go with Mullen? I just really really can't see it happening. If it does, then damn.....
I thought his and Florida's offenses were completely identical?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 02:02:03 PM »
I thought his and Florida's offenses were completely identical?
They are. Its Urban Meyer's offense. With Tebow and half of the starting offense gone though, the system really doesn't matter at this point. If you can't understand why it would be odd for UF to go with Mullen, then I'm not sure its worth explaining to you. Its all a moot point anyways. ESPN is now reporting that Meyer will not resign, but instead, will take a leave of absence.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 02:04:14 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 02:20:11 PM »
Boy that's a relief. I was almost convinced that Alabama was going take over the dominant role in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions