Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bowl Practice...

JR4AU

Bowl Practice...
« on: December 03, 2009, 02:05:45 PM »
We're in a bowl game.  It's great that we made a New Year's Day Bowl too.  However, in the bigger scheme, the best thing is we get that valuable extra practice time.   No question we want to go at it to win the thing, but I'm curious how they'll balance practice reps with the redshirt guys (namely one Tyrik Rollison), against the desire to win the game.  Obviously Tyrik won't play, and it may be putting the cart before the horse, but I think everyone expects that he's the heir apparent. Barring being a complete bust at QB like Kodi, I think they need to use some of the time to get him some reps to.  No disrespect to Caudle, but I'd hate to go in to yet another year with a 1st year starter Sr. at QB.  I know Todd was technically a starter last year, but really wasn't.  Anyway...thoughts on this and other issues regarding bowl practice are welcome. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Bowl Practice...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 01:26:44 AM »
You didn't get the memo.

Extra practices are hunky dory and all, but the REALLY important thing is that we're not playing in Birmingham.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 09:31:00 AM »
You didn't get the memo.

Extra practices are hunky dory and all, but the REALLY important thing is that we're not playing in Birmingham.

So I hear...but also heard that we were, by virute of being one of six 7-5  SEC teams, virtually assured of the worst bowl bid of the six because ___________________(fill in the blank with any of the standard bammer babble bullshit manufactured reasons about why Auburn is a second rate program with no national respect)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 09:45:22 AM »
Wrong memo. Rollison is not with the team at present. He's been suspended from the team for unspecified reasons. So like Rollison yes, but not Rollison.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions