Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Alabama Backup QB Looking To Transfer

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Alabama Backup QB Looking To Transfer
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 01:55:54 PM »
Everything you say is true, but, if Todd had gone down for the season, I'm not so sure Caudle would have been his replacement.  Possibly, but in the spring, it was down to Todd and Burns for starting QB, which is why he said Caudle was 3rd string.  The fact that Kodi took up another role is the reason Caudle gets QB relief duty, not because he's necessarily option #2 for a replacement at starter.

Also, I think RWS's name should be TBW (TeBoW).

The problem is, even according to the roster on AU's official site, Burns is a WR. Also, in the story by Charles Goldberg naming the starting QB, it states:

Chris Todd was named Auburn's starting quarterback Thursday night in the comeback story of fall practice. One of his chief rivals, Kodi Burns, was moved to wide receiver.

Then, in a story in August:
Junior Neil Caudle has won the No. 2 quarterback job at Auburn, holding off freshman Tyrik Rollison for the right to back up starter Chris Todd.

Nowhere does that mention where Caudle had to hold off Burns as competition. Shit, I guess Mark Ingram is one of Alabama's backup wide receivers since some plays he goes out wide. So, using your logic, he is a backup WR and QB. Oh, and Mark Barron may be a backup wide receiver. He caught a pass this season. I guess Earl Alexander is a backup QB as well, since he was a QB his first year or two with Alabama but has now moved to WR. Even AuburnSports.com supports what I'm saying. They have the following depth chart for QB and WR:

12 Chris Todd | 6-4, 210, Sr., 3V
19 Neil Caudle | 6-3, 200, Jr., 2V
17 Tyrik Rollison | 6-0, 194, Fr., HS (Will redshirt)

81 Terrell Zachery | 6-1, 203, Jr., 2V
18 Kodi Burns | 6-2, 208, Jr., 2V

And that is from folks that see these guys in practice all the time.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 01:58:08 PM by CBS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 01:57:42 PM »
I guess I just assumed Kodi was the runner-up based on his address to the team after Todd was named starter. 

Kodi addressed the team as the ultimate team player. He already knew he wasn't going to be A qb, much less THE qb....he just didn't want any division.
Love him for that.

Caudle was indeed, #2.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Token

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 01:59:37 PM »
When in Rome.

Question every fucking move they make, accuse them of cheating on a pick'em, and argue about petty bullshit that has no fucking meaning?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 02:01:13 PM »
The problem is, even according to the roster on AU's official site, Burns is a WR. Also, in the story by Charles Goldberg naming the starting QB, it states:

Then, in a story in August:
Nowhere does that mention where Caudle had to hold off Burns as competition. Shit, I guess Mark Ingram is one of Alabama's backup wide receivers since some plays he goes out wide. So, using your logic, he is a backup WR and QB. Oh, and Mark Barron may be a backup wide receiver. He caught a pass this season. I guess Earl Alexander is a backup QB as well, since he was a QB his first year or two with Alabama but has now moved to WR. Even AuburnSports.com supports what I'm saying. They have the following depth chart for QB and WR:

12 Chris Todd | 6-4, 210, Sr., 3V
19 Neil Caudle | 6-3, 200, Jr., 2V
17 Tyrik Rollison | 6-0, 194, Fr., HS (Will redshirt)

81 Terrell Zachery | 6-1, 203, Jr., 2V
18 Kodi Burns | 6-2, 208, Jr., 2V

And that is from folks that see these guys in practice all the time.
The original argument is still stupid. However, technically you are right, Kodi is listed as a WR.  I would still think that if Todd had gotten hurt, Caudle would have been the starter and Kodi would have been his backup.  I doubt very much they would have pulled the RS off of Tyrik.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 02:03:04 PM by Gatorfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 02:02:49 PM »
Question every phuking move they make, accuse them of cheating on a pick'em, and argue about petty bullpoop that has no phuking meaning?

Exactly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 02:06:00 PM »
Question every fucking move they make, accuse them of cheating on a pick'em, and argue about petty bullshit that has no fucking meaning?

It's like you're in our heads.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 02:09:37 PM »
Kodi addressed the team as the ultimate team player. He already knew he wasn't going to be A qb, much less THE qb....he just didn't want any division.
Love him for that.

Caudle was indeed, #2.

Gotta give the kid for props for doing that. That completely took him out of any kind of bullshit that might have been started.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jadennis

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 02:11:55 PM »
I'm not disputing that he's a wide receiver.  

When I was following the competition during the spring, I understood that he was moved to receiver because having him stand on the sidelines as the #2 QB for an entire season was a waste of talent.  They knew that even if he wasn't the starting QB, they wanted him on the field in some capacity...so he moved to receiver, which then moved Caudle to the #2 QB.  

This was all done prior to an official depth chart being released, so of course the depth chart shows Caudle as the #2 and Kodi at receiver.  

It's similar to Oklahoma in 2005.  They started the year with Paul Thompson as the starter.  He lost to TCU and UCLA at the beginning of the year so they brought in freshman Rhett Bomar.  Thompson was a good athlete though, and they didn't want him standing around, so he moved to receiver and their 3rd string QB became the 2nd string on the depth chart.

After Bomar got kicked off the team, the next year Thompson was back as starter and the former #2 on the depth chart guy stayed at #2...he was only the back up because Thompson was primarily a receiver at the time.

I guess the other thing that made me think Kodi was originally #2 was that Todd was named starter on August 16th (with Kodi working with the receivers on the same day).  However, Caudle wasn't named the backup over Rollison until the 28th, almost two weeks later.  

Just seems strange that he was fighting for a backup spot for almost two weeks if he was already #2 the day Todd was named starter.  

All of that led me to think it came down to Kodi and Todd.  But once Todd was named starter, the coaches knew they didn't want Kodi standing on the sideline all year and moved him to receiver.  Only after that point did Caudle and Rollison begin battling for the backup spot, which wasn't given to Caudle until 12 days later.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 02:27:29 PM by jaddazio »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 02:14:22 PM »
Sorry to disappoint, but its just fourth string walk-on Thomas Darrah. Just figured I would get your juices going this morning. He has already received permission to look around and has visited Jacksonville St and may be looking at UT-Martin as well. Good luck to the kid!

I guess my question is...who gives a shit?  Also, shouldn't Star Jackson be looking for another home? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 02:32:52 PM »
I guess my question is...who gives a shit?  Also, shouldn't Star Jackson be looking for another home?  
The point was to give guys like Prowler just that 2.7 seconds of pure glee before bringing it right back down to the ground. Nothing more, nothing less.

Star Jackson's future is going to depend on AJ McCarron and Philip Sims. If those two turn out to be as good or better as advertised, Star may move out to WR or transfer. The kid is a good athlete, so I would hope we could use him somewhere.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 02:34:40 PM by CBS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 03:32:20 PM »
You stop this right now!!  I don't WANT to actually like a bammer...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 03:33:23 PM »
The reason I heard he was transferring was because $aban hit him...Skreets
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 03:35:56 PM by Gatorfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2009, 03:58:06 PM »
The reason I heard he was transferring was because $aban hit him...Skreets
I heard he passed out at 31 flavors last night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Aubie16

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2009, 05:33:27 PM »
If Chris Todd had gone down for the season...Neil would have been the guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 05:35:51 PM »
If Chris Todd had gone down for the season...Neil would have been the guy.

THEREFORE making Kodi the backup quarterback!  Good lord, what's so hard about this, people!!???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2009, 05:44:48 PM »
Actually I think ibelonginprison had it wrong on the numbers.  I think Caudle was our #2 and Kodi was #3.  Caudle had beaten out Kodi for the starting job in the spring.

You may be right... he's just taken more snaps and plays more regularly.... so I always just figured he was "#2."

Burns has thrown for.... oh, you know what.  I don't even fucking know anymore. LOL  Doesn't he have something like 4 rushing TD's and 2 passing TD's?  Maybe a reception for a TD in the UGA game?  How the fuck do they do these stats anymore.

Jesus, this "wildcat" thing fucks me up. haha  I mean, if that's all true, we have a "wide receiver" that throws more TD passes than our "backup QB," and ties with our second leading rusher for TD's.  :blink:

I'm callin' it quits on this argument. lol
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

Aubie16

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2009, 05:50:55 PM »
THEREFORE making Kodi the backup quarterback!  Good lord, what's so hard about this, people!!???

The original argument is who was the back-up QB. Not who would have been the back-up to the back-up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2009, 05:52:46 PM »
The original argument is who was the back-up QB. Not who would have been the back-up to the back-up.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2009, 07:31:45 PM »
So, Auburn's WR and 3rd String QB has thrown more TD passes than all of SPuat's backup QBs combined. Also, Auburn's 2nd String QB has thrown more TD passes and thrown for more yards than all of SPuat's backup QBs combined.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2009, 08:00:06 PM »
So, Auburn's WR and 3rd String QB has thrown more TD passes than all of SPuat's backup QBs combined. Also, Auburn's 2nd String QB has thrown more TD passes and thrown for more yards than all of SPuat's backup QBs combined.

My face hurts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...