« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 10:08:27 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
Re: Congrats Hawgs
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 10:56:46 PM »
You can start with me.

Wouldn't that just be you winning and me losing again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009, 02:34:03 AM »
:pwnd:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

boartitz

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009, 07:18:48 AM »
I have no problem with that. :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 09:16:50 AM »
Congratulations to all Hog fans. I'm a little bit of a sore loser after an ass stomping like Saturday but Arkansas is ahead of Auburn as far as progressing and I think Petrino is the difference.

Auburn has just enough talent to beat virtually anyone as long as the other team has a half of football much the same as Auburn had on Saturday. The defense is too small up front, too thin at linebacker and too green in the secondary. And when the offense stutters and stammers, look out!

The cavalry arrived in the third quarter, but the settlers had all been slaughtered, scalped, buried in the sand and the young sold into slavery.

Malzahn seems to be an illusionist of sorts this Monday morning. Without him, Auburn probably has only three wins. You can hang in this conference with a stick and a rock for a short time, but soon the lack of play- makers catch up with you.

I have said all along that Auburn would win eight games, even pointed at Arkansas as a possible loss OTR but still having the capability to recoup afterwards. Today it seems unlikely but some of the future opponents were embarrassed as well, Georgia particularly, LSU to a degree (they have great team speed-but they also have Les, and Alabama which has the most talent in the country though its offense is reigned-in by an enormous ego. Still,  as we saw Saturday, anything is possible.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 09:39:10 AM »
and Alabama which has the most talent in the country though its offense is reigned-in by an enormous ego. 
Alabama's offense is reigned in? Not really following you on that one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 09:54:58 AM »
I'll s-l-o-w  d-o-w-w-w-w-w-w-n-n-n-nnnn for you. Saban has the tools but doesn't utilize them because he doesn't trust them. He has an air wrench but uses a tire iron. It's a Lou Holtz symptom very simply put. Not saying that will not deliver the goods in the long haul but it can get in way. But I don't care to discuss the clowns of the collective because it bores me. Someone else might like to twist you up and toss you out the window though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2009, 10:12:11 AM »
I'll s-l-o-w  d-o-w-w-w-w-w-w-n-n-n-nnnn for you. Saban has the tools but doesn't utilize them because he doesn't trust them. He has an air wrench but uses a tire iron. It's a Lou Holtz symptom very simply put. Not saying that will not deliver the goods in the long haul but it can get in way. But I don't care to discuss the clowns of the collective because it bores me. Someone else might like to twist you up and toss you out the window though.
I was just a little confused is all. I mean, with us running Wildcat formations, successful fake punts, a double-reverse with a 50 yard pass for a TD last week, being inside the Ole Miss 5 yard line four different times Saturday, it just doesn't seem like this offense is all that "reigned in". Alabama is #17 in the country in total offense. We haven't had that good of an offense in a while. We scored at least 30 points in our first 5 games. This is the first season since 1979 that Alabama has scored 200 points or more in its first five games.

Saban and McElwain share the same philosophy. Pound the rock, wear the other team down. Use the run to setup the pass. If the running game isn't going so great, don't abandon it. It has worked out well for us the past two seasons.  Our "reigned in" offense beat the living piss out of Arkansas. AU's wide open attack didn't do much against the worst defense in the SEC until the 3rd quarter. I would take our "reigned in" offense and OC over Malzahn anyday. Its gotten us to 6-0. Can't say the same for you guys....

I didn't ask the question because I can't comprehend what you said, I just wanted to make sure you really were that stupid before I replied. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:18:25 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2009, 10:18:23 AM »
It's the base offense not the trick junk that they shouldn't even have to deploy. Ole Miss can play a bit so give 'em some credit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2009, 10:26:22 AM »
It's the base offense not the trick junk that they shouldn't even have to deploy. Ole Miss can play a bit so give 'em some credit.
So, you're basically calling AU's entire offense "trick junk"? I mean, you guys probably run alot more Wildcat and reverses than we do. I think AU had a fake punt last weekend as well. Anyways, the comment that our offense is reigned in by CNS is completely stupid. Now, when Applewhite was the OC in '07? Yeah, I would 100% believe that CNS was probably in on that. I think CMA was in way over his head. But from what it seems like, he lets McElwain have free reign. We'll throw in something once or twice in a game just for a wrinkle, plus it gives future opposition something to prepare for. At some point if you give future oppositions so much stuff to prepare for, you make the defense think about what they have to do. If they are thinking instead of reacting, you have the edge on offense. But for the most part, the trick plays aren't staples of the offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2009, 10:38:32 AM »
The spread is something of everything and more of other things depending on the talent available. Saban should be able to run the T with that talent. Call it what you will there IS no comparison. Saban isn't splitting aces Bammer. A reverse to a NFL caliber player is not the same as a reverse to Joe Blow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2009, 10:42:38 AM »
The spread is something of everything and more of other things depending on the talent available. Saban should be able to run the T with that talent. Call it what you will there IS no comparison. Saban isn't splitting aces Bammer. A reverse to a NFL caliber player is not the same as a reverse to Joe Blow.
Wait, I thought you said we weren't using our tools correctly? Now we are? Make up your mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2009, 10:47:17 AM »
Here's the thing. 

We don't give a fuck about your tools or how they're used.  You're all fucking tools, anyway, you lemur abusing motherfuckers.

Don't know if I speak for everyone, but if your entire team, coaching staff, water boys, trainers and ball boys simultaneously choked on an egg salad sandwich while the stadium caught fire, burned to the ground and the conflagration spread to the rest of the city rendering it ash, I wouldn't care one bit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 10:52:03 AM »
Here's the thing. 

We don't give a fuck about your tools or how they're used.  You're all fucking tools, anyway, you lemur abusing motherfuckers.

Don't know if I speak for everyone, but if your entire team, coaching staff, water boys, trainers and ball boys simultaneously choked on an egg salad sandwich while the stadium caught fire, burned to the ground and the conflagration spread to the rest of the city rendering it ash, I wouldn't care one bit. 
but then who would I hate?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 10:55:04 AM »
Here's the thing. 

I realize this, but apparently, jmar does care. Ask your friends to stop saying stupid shit, and I won't have to call them on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2009, 10:55:36 AM »
but then who would I hate?

Bear Bryant.  Because he's still alive.  

He's on a remote island fucking John Kennedy up the ass and listening to Elvis play the banjo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 11:02:08 AM »
I realize this, but apparently, jmar does care. Ask your friends to stop saying stupid poop, and I won't have to call them on it.

You know I'll cover you when cover's warranted.  Haven't I proven that? 

This time?  No.  You're dripping arrogance and oozing smarm.  You're up here trying to roll in your glory and bathe in the stink of your self-appointed greatness.  What you're doing is using semantics to play the victim while you trot out more examples of the overwhelming magnificence that you assume is Alabama football. 

I don't give a fuck if you're 12-0 and would win the NFL or if you're 0-12 and would lose to Isabella High School.  I wish nothing but misfortune and misery on your team and the collective fanbase.  Never personal tragedy, always collective.  There's nothing about Bama now or then that was any better than any other program in the country. 

Your players are thugs.  If he couldn't occasionally catch a football, Julio Jones would be ass raping people in prison.  Or more accurately, the punk bitch would probably be getting ass raped.  Would be fine by me if Vern Lundquist was in the cage with his criminal ass. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 11:22:41 AM »
You know I'll cover you when cover's warranted.  Haven't I proven that? 

This time?  No.  You're dripping arrogance and oozing smarm.  You're up here trying to roll in your glory and bathe in the stink of your self-appointed greatness.  What you're doing is using semantics to play the victim while you trot out more examples of the overwhelming magnificence that you assume is Alabama football. 

I don't give a fuck if you're 12-0 and would win the NFL or if you're 0-12 and would lose to Isabella High School.  I wish nothing but misfortune and misery on your team and the collective fanbase.  Never personal tragedy, always collective.  There's nothing about Bama now or then that was any better than any other program in the country. 

Your players are thugs.  If he couldn't occasionally catch a football, Julio Jones would be ass raping people in prison.  Or more accurately, the punk bitch would probably be getting ass raped.  Would be fine by me if Vern Lundquist was in the cage with his criminal ass. 

I was making very specific replies to a specific person about a specific comment. If you see that as me bathing in the stink of self-appointed greatness, then thats your problem. I gave very specific replies to the comment of Alabama's offense is "reigned in" by CNS. However, you are broadening the spectrum quite a bit in your reply.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 11:27:01 AM »
I was making very specific replies to a specific person about a specific comment. If you see that as me bathing in the stink of self-appointed greatness, then thats your problem. I gave very specific replies to the comment of Alabama's offense is "reigned in" by CNS. However, you are broadening the spectrum quite a bit in your reply.

I checked.  The problem is yours. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions