Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

ESPN U has stated that Tim Tebow....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
ESPN U has stated that Tim Tebow....
« on: October 06, 2009, 06:06:13 PM »
has been practicing, somewhat, and taking mental tests to see if he'll be ready to go this weekend.  Here's the kicker, the ESPN U guy stated that Tim Tebow ISN'T ABLE TO READ YET!!!  :stewie: and they think he might be able to play?  The guy can't read (I'm guessing they're saying that he can't focus on the words)....but still, he can't read.  "Oh what the hell, Coach he's ready...just don't ask him to get a play from the sidelines, because he won't be able to see ya and if he trys too hard...he'll probably throw up and piss himself."  "Also, pray that he doesn't take any hits to his noggin'....including the ground."
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 06:10:25 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jadennis

Re: ESPN U has stated that Tim Tebow....
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 06:13:14 PM »
has been practicing, somewhat, and taking mental tests to see if he'll be ready to go this weekend.  Here's the kicker, the ESPN U guy stated that Tim Tebow ISN'T ABLE TO READ YET!!!

What?  Not sure you caught that right.  If he can't read yet, then what other "mental tests" need to be done?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 06:16:10 PM »
What?  Not sure you caught that right.  If he can't read yet, then what other "mental tests" need to be done?

Yeah, I caught it right...I also caught it when one of the ESPN U talkin' heads stated afterwards "Tebow isn't able to read?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 06:19:16 PM »
No, no, no... you misunderstand the meaning behind that.

What it MEANS is that he's a University of Florida student... and HE CAN'T READ.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 06:32:46 PM »
Tebow took out an insurance policy before this season IIRC.  I would bet this policy requires an independent doctor picked by the underwriter to clear Tebow following an injury like the one he suffered in order for the policy to remain intact.  Therefore, I have a hard time believing he will play unless he has been symptom-free for at least 7 days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 06:36:41 PM »
They just stated it again....Tim Tebow, as of yesterday, isn't reading yet.  They were talking about his equilibrium and him being able to run.  If you're close to a TV, or whatever, turn it to ESPN U, they'll probably replay it again.  The ESPN guy just said that, Tebow not being able to read would definitely concern him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 07:57:51 PM »
Seriously, this decision needs to be in the doctor's hands.  If he isn't ready, sit him.

Besides, Brantley is the 2nd best QB in the nation anyway.  Won't be much drop off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 07:55:20 AM »
No, no, no... you misunderstand the meaning behind that.

What it MEANS is that he's a University of Florida student... and HE CAN'T READ.

Coffee shot out the nose hurts this early in the morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 08:14:01 AM »
FWIW, I think we're talking about more than a concussion here. I just don't think they want that getting out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Buddy Tebow

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 08:39:19 AM »
I will be fine.

Thank you for your concern.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 08:49:15 AM »
FWIW, I think we're talking about more than a concussion here. I just don't think they want that getting out.

You may be right but some concussions are just as serious as any other brain injuries. The swelling around his brain top of his spinal cord could take weeks to subside. Remember, some very serious brain swelling causes a coma. I hate it for him, I mean seriously, he is a good kid.

I agree the General, with him having his own private insurance policy, the doctor examination will be a lot more strict than those of the team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 09:09:32 AM »
Word from the skreets is dat he will only be used in short yardage situations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

RWS

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 09:24:51 AM »
You may be right but some concussions are just as serious as any other brain injuries. The swelling around his brain top of his spinal cord could take weeks to subside. Remember, some very serious brain swelling causes a coma. I hate it for him, I mean seriously, he is a good kid.

I agree the General, with him having his own private insurance policy, the doctor examination will be a lot more strict than those of the team.
I understand about concussions, and I'm pretty familiar with trauma situations. I think the biggest thing to me was his arm randomly firing and staying stuck in the air for like 4 seconds when he went down. I think there are going to be some underlying neurological issues there. I will be surprised if he plays this weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 10:07:34 AM »
I understand about concussions, and I'm pretty familiar with trauma situations. I think the biggest thing to me was his arm randomly firing and staying stuck in the air for like 4 seconds when he went down. I think there are going to be some underlying neurological issues there. I will be surprised if he plays this weekend.

Yea, I forgot about that. That probably came from taking the knee in the back of the neck. That was like a triple whammi hit. First, the hit from the front under the chin, then the knee in the back of the neck topped off by his bouncing off the turf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 10:48:10 AM »
Yea, I forgot about that. That probably came from taking the knee in the back of the neck. That was like a triple whammi hit. First, the hit from the front under the chin, then the knee in the back of the neck topped off by his bouncing off the turf.
Really, I think he's going to be out for another 2 more weeks or more. That was probably a Grade III concussion, and you just don't bounce back from those in a few weeks. You're looking at a month before all of that gets straightened out, and thats with Joe Blow. We're not even talking about playing college football. I've seen plenty of folks with concussions, and about 2 1/2 years ago I had a Grade II concussion from a car wreck. It fucked me up for about 2 weeks. I'm sure Tebow is alot tougher than me, but still.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 10:55:36 AM »
I think the biggest thing to me was his arm randomly firing and staying stuck in the air for like 4 seconds...

That's a pretty normal thing that happens when someone gets knocked out though.  It happens in boxing and MMA all the time when guys take a shot and go down.   I wouldn't read too much into it....unless of course his arm is still like that.  Maybe that's why he can't read, he can't hold the pages open on the book?  :blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

boartitz

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 11:09:58 AM »
Really, I think he's going to be out for another 2 more weeks or more. That was probably a Grade III concussion, and you just don't bounce back from those in a few weeks. You're looking at a month before all of that gets straightened out, and thats with Joe Blow. We're not even talking about playing college football. I've seen plenty of folks with concussions, and about 2 1/2 years ago I had a Grade II concussion from a car wreck. It fucked me up for about 2 weeks. I'm sure Tebow is alot tougher than me, but still.....
He may be tougher, but I bet his head ain't as hard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 11:28:58 AM »
He may be tougher, but I bet his head ain't as hard.
Oh, I'm sorry.......

Mallett for Heisman
Arkansas SEC Champions for 2009
Petrino for Coach of the Year

There, that should fit your definition of open minded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 04:13:39 PM »
Do not fear my children

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 04:20:17 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions