Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

UFC/MMA

UFC/MMA
« on: July 12, 2009, 06:44:00 PM »
 :soap:

Can suck a fat dick.  It's bad enough that poker can be seen at any time of the day on an ESPN network, but listening to an in-depth ESPN discussion about Brock Lesnar's victory in last night's fight/match/whatever might just do me in.  

NASCAR's a sport.
Poker is a sport.
Spelling Bee is a sport (although, I do watch it).  
Now, beating the piss out of each other is a sport.  

I know our pop culture is stuffed full of airheads, so I shouldn't be surprised.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 06:45:40 PM by townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: UFC/MMA
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 06:53:34 PM »
Yeah and Boxing is a sport???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Argo

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »
:soap:

Can suck a fat dick.  It's bad enough that poker can be seen at any time of the day on an ESPN network, but listening to an in-depth ESPN discussion about Brock Lesnar's victory in last night's fight/match/whatever might just do me in.  

NASCAR's a sport.
Poker is a sport.
Spelling Bee is a sport (although, I do watch it).  
Now, beating the piss out of each other is a sport.  

I know our pop culture is stuffed full of airheads, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Just a question, but what exactly do you think the "E" in ESPN stands for?  I don't disagree with your stance on the issue, but I figured out about 10 years ago that ESPN cares about entertainment first and before anything.  The ONLY reason I watch ESPN now is because ABC has a monopoly on college football and they actually do a good job of making it available for me to watch in HD.  

If Alabama had a radio broadcast that I could listen to without feeling a strong urge to taste my glock, I'd mute the games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 07:17:11 PM »
Just a question, but what exactly do you think the "E" in ESPN stands for?

Duh!!  ESPN is like the mexican word for sports
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 11:41:35 PM »
Yeah and Boxing is a sport???

Boxing is a respectable fight. 

This MMA shit is just pounding on each other until one can't pound any more.  Not to mention, after listening to some of Brock Lesnar's after-fight interview, it seems like MMA/UFC is WWE without the predetermined moves and winners. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 12:07:19 PM »

This MMA shit is just pounding on each other until one can't pound any more.  Not to mention, after listening to some of Brock Lesnar's after-fight interview, it seems like MMA/UFC is WWE without the predetermined moves and winners. 

I'll take boxing over MMA any day.  I probably watch more boxing than I do football, of course boxing is year round.  Next to football, boxing has to be my favorite sport.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 12:42:14 PM »

I watched the fights and they were all pretty good.  I like UFC/MMA, it's not like WWE, they actually do beat the shit out of each other using any technique they want to. 

Lesner is a classless jerk (although I wouldn't have the balls to tell that big motherfucker that to his face) that came from WWE.  When he did his after fight interview I thought the same thing.  The other fighters that don't have the fake wrestling background don't act like that after they win.  It's just him.  He also doesn't have much of a fan base.  He likes being the villian, just like in the WWE.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions