Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Press Register Elite 18

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
Press Register Elite 18
« on: June 28, 2009, 09:28:43 PM »

http://blog.al.com/press-register-sports/2009/06/pressregister_elite_18_recogni.html

1. DeMarcus Milliner, DB, Stanhope Elmore (6-1, 180, 4.45). His stock went through the roof after running 4.31 and 4.33 at the Elite Action Combine in Vestavia Hills last month. Do-everything player made 57 tackles and seven interceptions on defense, ran for 527 yards on offense and returned two kickoffs for touchdowns. Committed to Alabama.

2. Jarrick Williams, S, Blount (6-2, 205, 4.6). A physically strong player who set a Nike SPARQ combine record for the powerball throw. He made 52 tackles and two interceptions in '08 and four of his nine receptions on offense were for TDs. Has narrowed a long list of offers to a final three of Alabama, Auburn and Florida State.

3. C.J. Mosley, LB, Theodore (6-2, 212, 4.6). Sideline-to-sideline pursuer racked up 176 tackles last year and also excelled on the basketball court. Alabama, Auburn and LSU lead Arkansas, Duke, Florida State, Oklahoma, Southern Miss, Stanford, Tennessee and Central Florida.

4. LaDarius Owens, LB, Jess Lanier (6-2, 225, 4.49). Physical freak made 92 tackles and 18 sacks in his first year of organized football last year. Uncle James Owens was the first black scholarship player at Auburn. Considering offers from Alabama, Auburn and LSU.

5. Solomon Patton, WR, Murphy (5-10, 175, 4.4) An excellent route-runner with great speed who will play the slot in college, he had 845 yards receiving with 12 TDs in '08. Committed to Florida.

6. Jeremy Richardson, WR, Springville (6-4, 210, 4.5). A big-framed receiver who can make defenders miss after the catch, he had 61 catches for 1,228 yards and 18 scores as a junior. Committed to Auburn.

7. Corey Grant, RB, Opelika (5-10, 186, 4.4). The 6A state 100-meters champ (10.51) ran for 674 and 14 TDs while averaging 23.4 yards per punt return and two scores in '08. Could be a slot receiver in college. Has offers from Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Stanford and Vanderbilt.

8. Nick Perry, S, Prattville (6-2, 195, 4.55). Ball-hawk had 37 tackles and four picks for the 6A state champs. Committed to Alabama.

9. Jawara White, LB, Charles Henderson (6-2, 220, 4.58). He was named one of the top 11 prospects at the Tallahassee, Fla., Nike camp by Rivals.com. Committed to Auburn.

10. Jalston Fowler, RB, Vigor (6-0, 245, 4.6). Powerful, muscular back rushed for 1,182 yards and 24 TDs for 5A state champs last year. Will not play this year, as he is over the AHSAA's age limit. Committed to Alabama.

11. Craig Sanders, DE, Ariton (6-4, 220, 4.6) Lining up often as a stand-up DE, he posted 12 sacks in '08 and 32 of his 71 tackles were for losses. He also ran for 1,057 yards and 16 TDs on offense. Committed to Alabama.

12. Jake Holland, LB, Pelham (6-1, 228, 4.53). Fundamentally sound against the run and pass, the middle linebacker racked up 129 tackles in '08, including 14 for loss. Committed to Auburn.

13. D.J. Howard, RB/DB, Lincoln (6-0, 195, 4.4). An explosive running back who will likely end up at safety on the next level. Auburn and Clemson lead Arkansas, Clemson, Kentucky, Louisville and Mississippi State.

14. Nigel Terrell, LB, Pelham (6-2, 215, 4.46). While Holland patrolled the middle, Terrell made 101 tackles on the outside, including 14 stops for loss. Has offers from Auburn, Arkansas, Florida State, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, Troy, UAB, West Virginia and Western Kentucky.

15. Jeremiah Jackson, DT, Spain Park (6-2, 265, 5.0). A rock in the middle who holds his ground at the point of attack, he made 64 tackles and five sacks in 2008. Committed to Arkansas.

16. Deion Belue, ATH, Deshler (6-0, 175, 4.5). Likely a DB in college, speedy athlete raised his stock with impressive showings in summer camps. Committed to Alabama.

17. Sam Gibson, ATH, Prattville (6-2, 200, 4.44). Multi-purpose QB threw for 1,170 yards and 15 touchdowns and ran for 535 yards and nine more in leading the Lions to another 6A state title in 2008. Could be a WR or S on college level. Committed to LSU.
18. Wilson Love, DE, Mountain Brook (6-4, 235, 4.8) Brother of Alabama offensive lineman Tyler Love turned down an offer from Florida. Committed to Alabama.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Press Register Elite 18
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 09:34:09 PM »
I'd move Jake up, Nigel down, and Jalston off the list. 

Jalston Fowler is a beast in the weight room, but that 4.6 40 is going to make him an excellent fullback.  Fullbacks don't get love or spotlight. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 09:39:57 PM »
How old is Fowler, according to the article he's too old to play by AHSSA Rules.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 09:58:41 PM »
I'd move Jake up, Nigel down, and Jalston off the list.  

Jalston Fowler is a beast in the weight room, but that 4.6 40 is going to make him an excellent fullback.  Fullbacks don't get love or spotlight.  
FB is what Alabama recruited him as in the first place. We only have one FB, and he is a SR this year.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 10:00:04 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 06:27:08 AM »
Wow, so fowler has increased his 40 time.  Rivals has him at 240lbs. 4.8 40 #29 RB...Scout has him at 245lbs. 4.65 40 #1 FB....ESPN has him at 230lbs. OLB.  Also he was supposed to graduate last year, but he needed more work so he had to stay an extra year.  Here's his '09 Rivals Profile:

http://auburn.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=68865

He goes from a 2 Star RB to a 4 Star one, without going to any camps...because he's too old, and without participating in his HS's Spring practices.  Also, notice his other offers from South Carolina and South Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 07:10:00 PM »
Wow, so fowler has increased his 40 time.  Rivals has him at 240lbs. 4.8 40 #29 RB...Scout has him at 245lbs. 4.65 40 #1 FB....ESPN has him at 230lbs. OLB.  Also he was supposed to graduate last year, but he needed more work so he had to stay an extra year.  Here's his '09 Rivals Profile:

http://auburn.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=68865

He goes from a 2 Star RB to a 4 Star one, without going to any camps...because he's too old, and without participating in his HS's Spring practices.  Also, notice his other offers from South Carolina and South Alabama.
Fowler was at a camp over the weekend. As long as the event isn't AHSAA sanctioned, he can do whatever he wants. Rivals has him as a 4* and the #29 RB in the nation, and Scout has him as a 4* and the #1 FB in the country. I guess now Scout is in on the conspiracy now? You tried this same shit on AUN, and I called you on it there as well. He has been attending camps, and he has been impressing folks. Here is some viewing material for you:

What looks so horrible about him? Had AU signed him you would be talking about how he makes Trent Richardson look like a bitch. And as for his USA offer, really dumbass? USA is pretty much extending an offer to alot of decent prospects from Mobile. Why in the hell wouldn't they extend an offer to some kid from Mobile who may not have good enough grades to get into UA?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 07:23:08 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 07:38:38 PM »
Never said he was horrible...but, he's not a 4 Star prospect.  That's what I find is a joke about all of it, is that Rivals rated him last year, his Senior Year, as a 2 Star...but, he need to do some extra work to graduate High School and that's what he's doing now.  But, for him to be rated as a 2 Star then jump up to a 4 Star and the #10 Top Alabama Senior Prospects...eventhough he isn't playing this year, is a fuckin' joke.  How about keep him what he was rated as a Senior, last year...or don't rate him, it's that simple.  Also, just because I say that he isn't a 4 Star prospect, doesn't mean that he's horrible.....but, for you bammers that love the Stars (The recruiting websites probably noticed the spike in subscribtions when they started saying how many stars so and so prospect had...eventhough the prospect might not have deserved the ratings), I guess I could see why you'd think that, I'm saying that he's horrible...but, I'm not.

Off Topic for a second:  I remember a couple of years ago, when I had to explain what the star system meant to the five bammers that I worked with.  All five of them joined Rivals shortly afterward, then proceeded to tell me that Auburn's prospects weren't any good, because they didn't have X amount of stars.

Back on topic:  In that highlight, how many times did Fowler get touched by the front four? It wasn't because he's blazing fast either.  Again, for the reading comprehension impaired, I'm not saying that he's horrible, I think he'll make a fine fullback.  Lets see what he can during his Senior season, when teams know to watch out for him....oh wait, he was a Senior last year...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 12:39:49 PM »
he's not a 4 Star prospect.
Why, because you say so? Sorry, but I will believe analysts at Rivals, Scout, and ESPN any day over what you say. Its funny, the second Lache Seastrunk verbals to AU you're going to throw it in everybody's face that doesn't wear orange and blue how AU just landed a highly ranked recruit. If somebody highly ranked commits to AU, he's the real deal and is not overranked, and fuck anybody who thinks otherwise. Somebody highly rated commits to Alabama, he's overranked, undeserving, and its a product of bias. No matter whether EVERYBODY ranks him high or not.

Back on topic:  In that highlight, how many times did Fowler get touched by the front four? It wasn't because he's blazing fast either.
Holy. Shit. So, since he can make it past the line of scrimmage, thats a mark against him? There are 7 other guys on the field that he has to get past. Just in the video I posted alone there are numerous times where he is getting yards after contact. I'm not saying the kid is the next Barry Sanders or anything, but damn. We're not even going to use the kid as an every down feature back, he's going to be a FB for crying out loud. He is the next Baron Huber. You act as if we are building a whole team around the kid.

He is in great shape, has the perfect size for a FB, good speed for a FB. You're simply using the whole academics issue to skew it. He can and has been participating in camps over the offseason, as recently as this past weekend actually.  I think he might even be able to practice with the team, just unable to dress out or otherwise play a game according to ASHAA rules. Do you really expect me to believe what you have to say over Rivals, Scout, and ESPN? Its not like you're a neutral party yourself or anything. I never see you say anything complimentary about an Alabama commit unless something backhanded is right behind it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 12:59:35 PM »
He is the next Baron Huber.

Oh...it's no wonder they rated him so high then.  Why didn't you say so earlier?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 01:05:12 PM »
Oh...it's no wonder they rated him so high then.  Why didn't you say so earlier?
And if you know who Baron Huber is, you would understand what my comment actually meant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 02:00:27 PM »
And if you know who Baron Huber is, you would understand what my comment actually meant.

You mean the guy that has 2 carries in his career?  That Baron Huber?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 02:18:45 PM »
You mean the guy that has 2 carries in his career?  That Baron Huber?
Pretty much, and that was exactly my point. I'm not saying it in the sense that Fowler is of the same skill set, I'm saying it in the sense that our FB doesn't get too many touches on the ball. Like I said, its not like Fowler is going to be an every down feature back. He's going to replace Baron Huber. Fowler might see a touch or two more than Huber, but like I said, our FB position isn't huge in the scheme of things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions