Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Alright, Wise Old Men

Re: Alright, Wise Old Men
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 09:46:20 PM »
Update for those who care -

Found a house we wanted to make an offer on.  It's been on the market for over a year.  He's been moved out for most of 2009.  The seller has done recent updates to the kitchen and repainted a few rooms.  It's in a great neighborhood and has a beautiful backyard.  The seller originally put the house up for 239k but has since lowered the asking price 220k

In this market, the buyers have the upper hand in negotiating, right?  We've been advised by some to start 30k less and make the seller meet in the middle.  We were afraid of the house getting a better offer, and the guy has sent a warning out to buyers that he doesn't like being "low balled." 

So, we make what we believe is a fair offer on this house.  212k.  He pays $5500 in closing costs and prepaids. 

We expected a counter offer and to meet in the middle. 

His counter?  $219,500 and he pays nothing extra.  Fuck him. 

Back to the search....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 10:39:18 PM »
Update for those who care -

Found a house we wanted to make an offer on.  It's been on the market for over a year.  He's been moved out for most of 2009.  The seller has done recent updates to the kitchen and repainted a few rooms.  It's in a great neighborhood and has a beautiful backyard.  The seller originally put the house up for 239k but has since lowered the asking price 220k

In this market, the buyers have the upper hand in negotiating, right?  We've been advised by some to start 30k less and make the seller meet in the middle.  We were afraid of the house getting a better offer, and the guy has sent a warning out to buyers that he doesn't like being "low balled." 

So, we make what we believe is a fair offer on this house.  212k.  He pays $5500 in closing costs and prepaids. 

We expected a counter offer and to meet in the middle. 

His counter?  $219,500 and he pays nothing extra.  Fuck him. 

Back to the search....

My advice is don't take anything personal. This is business. He is trying to get the most out of his house and you are trying to get it for less. Counter his offer for $214k and $5500 in closing...if you can afford it. Figure out what you think the house is worth and work to try and get the house at that price. Again, this is not personal, it is business.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 11:45:02 PM »
My advice is don't take anything personal. This is business. He is trying to get the most out of his house and you are trying to get it for less. Counter his offer for $214k and $5500 in closing...if you can afford it. Figure out what you think the house is worth and work to try and get the house at that price. Again, this is not personal, it is business.

He's doing shitty business.  His realtor even said he's been ridiculous the entire time his house has been on the market. 

Perhaps he doesn't need to sell the house.  It's just odd that it seems like he hasn't been able to sell his house, yet he's warning realtors when they schedule showings to not consider low ball offers and then adamently reject a reasonable one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009, 10:44:13 AM »
Fuck you stinking buyers. 

I am working on a house sale now.  I hate you buying bastards.  Get everything nailed down and then there's an "oh, by the way..." 

Fuck that.  The deal is the deal.  I don't give a shit if I sell it or not.  One more "oh, by the way" and I'll burn the fucking thing to the ground before I'll let this fuck buy it. 

When we were thinking about Birmingham we looked at Chelsea.  Very nice. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2009, 10:53:16 AM »
He's doing shitty business.  His realtor even said he's been ridiculous the entire time his house has been on the market. 

Perhaps he doesn't need to sell the house.  It's just odd that it seems like he hasn't been able to sell his house, yet he's warning realtors when they schedule showings to not consider low ball offers and then adamently reject a reasonable one. 

When I sold my house in Chelsea, it was listed at $225k. I thought it was really high...since I paid $165k, but it was a sellers market and I didn't really have to sell. The first offer I had from the soon to be buyer was $192k. I countered $224k. He then offered $204k. I countered at $223k. He then said his last offer was at $214k and my realtor begged me to take it. He said to not counter because we didn't want to piss him off. I countered at $222k. He said his last offer (again) was at $219k and I agreed.

Business is business. No sense in getting pissed about it. Either he wants to sell or he doesn't. It has to be a deal where everyone is happy...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions