Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Games that SPuat didn't win ('05-'07)...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Games that SPuat didn't win ('05-'07)...
« on: June 11, 2009, 11:23:51 PM »
2005: Middle Tennessee, Southern Mississippi, South Carolina, Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee, Utah State, Mississippi State, and Texas Tech (Cotton Bowl).

2006: Hawai’i, Vanderbilt, Louisiana-Monroe, Duke, Mississippi, and Florida International.

2007: Western Carolina, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Houston, and Mississippi.

:rofl:

So, I guess the bammers should take down their paintings; SPuat/Southern Miss "The Catch", SPuat/Texas Tech "The Last Pass", SPuat/UT "Hey Vols" and SPuat/Florida "Hey Gators".  Because they didn't happen and I'm sure that the bammers wouldn't want to be living in a lie..... :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Argo

Re: Games that SPuat didn't win ('05-'07)...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 11:31:36 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 11:32:09 PM »
2005: Middle Tennessee, Southern Mississippi, South Carolina, Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee, Utah State, Mississippi State, and Texas Tech (Cotton Bowl).

2006: Hawai’i, Vanderbilt, Louisiana-Monroe, Duke, Mississippi, and Florida International.

2007: Western Carolina, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Houston, and Mississippi.

So, I guess the bammers should take down their paintings; SPuat/Southern Miss "The Catch", SPuat/Texas Tech "The Last Pass", SPuat/UT "Hey Vols" and SPuat/Florida "Hey Gators".  Because they didn't happen and I'm sure that the bammers wouldn't want to be living in a lie..... :sad:

I appreciate the spirit of what you're doing, but in a few years no one will recall that bama "lost" all these games because almost no one will go back and correct their data/websites.  

For example, do a google search and tell me what bama's record was the year before Antonio Langham signed the napkin.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 11:32:52 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 11:59:18 PM »
I appreciate the spirit of what you're doing, but in a few years no one will recall that bama "lost" all these games because almost no one will go back and correct their data/websites.  

For example, do a google search and tell me what bama's record was the year before Antonio Langham signed the napkin.
After doing a quick google search the '92 SPuat team went 13-0 winning a National Championship...then Langham signed on the napkin.  SPuat's '93 team went 1-12, because of forfeitures of 8 wins and 1 tie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 12:43:42 AM »
Isn't it sad that all that came of the textbook scandal was "haha you technically didn't win those games even though you did on the field"? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 10:20:36 AM »
After doing a quick google search the '92 SPuat team went 13-0 winning a National Championship...then Langham signed on the napkin.  SPuat's '93 team went 1-12, because of forfeitures of 8 wins and 1 tie.
In the ruling handed down yesterday, we didn't forfeit anything. We vacated wins. That means it wasn't a win for us, wasn't a win for our opponents. Its like the game never even happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JDHog

• SuperAdmin
    • woopig.net
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 10:25:27 AM »
In the ruling handed down yesterday, we didn't forfeit anything. We vacated wins. That means it wasn't a win for us, wasn't a win for our opponents. Its like the game never even happened.

Do the stats count?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 10:31:44 AM »

Thanks, I had been looking for a pic like that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 10:33:33 AM »
Do the stats count?

I don't think so, which is a much bigger deal for the other sports.  I'm surprised no one has brought up the track team's vacated victories.  People who partcipate in track are concerned primarily with their records and how they match up in the history books.  This hurts them much more than football or basketball.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 10:34:13 AM »
Isn't it sad that all that came of the textbook scandal was "haha you technically didn't win those games even though you did on the field"? 

Since day 1 you have made this out to be a sinister plot where the kids were making money off of selling textbooks, and everybody knew, etc etc. If you actually read the NCAA report, the NCAA says no money exchanged hands. There were 22 student athletes that were labeled "intentional wrongdoers", meaning they knew they were violating school and NCAA rules. Those folks have cost their respective sport some vacated victories. The remaining sum of the 201 athletes involved were labeled "unintentional", and the value of the books that they received was less than $100.

The NCAA even notes that the employees of the bookstore fucked up as well, and did not understand the difference between "required" and "optional reading" and allowed student athletes to get optional reading materials, when they are only allowed to get required reading on the school's dime. You have constantly tried to make this whole thing out to be way more than it is. We've been telling you guys this whole time that we fucked up, but it wasn't some huge conspiracy to pay players or anything. Apparently the NCAA agreed that this wasn't blatent douchebaggery by the school, but that a combination of dumbass hourly employees and a gap in a school policy created this situation. If you don't believe that, read for yourself.

https://goomer.ncaa.org/wdbctx/LSDBi/LSDBi.MajorInfPackage.ProcessMultipleBylaws?p_Multiple=0&p_PK=669&p_Button=View+Public+Report&p_TextTerms=ThisIsADummyPhraseThatWillNotBeDuplicated&p_TextTerms2=ThisIsADummyPhraseThatWillNotBeDuplicated&p_Division=1
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 12:04:14 PM »
Since day 1 you have made this out to be a sinister plot where the kids were making money off of selling textbooks, and everybody knew, etc etc. If you actually read the NCAA report, the NCAA says no money exchanged hands. There were 22 student athletes that were labeled "intentional wrongdoers", meaning they knew they were violating school and NCAA rules. Those folks have cost their respective sport some vacated victories. The remaining sum of the 201 athletes involved were labeled "unintentional", and the value of the books that they received was less than $100.

The NCAA even notes that the employees of the bookstore fucked up as well, and did not understand the difference between "required" and "optional reading" and allowed student athletes to get optional reading materials, when they are only allowed to get required reading on the school's dime. You have constantly tried to make this whole thing out to be way more than it is. We've been telling you guys this whole time that we fucked up, but it wasn't some huge conspiracy to pay players or anything. Apparently the NCAA agreed that this wasn't blatent douchebaggery by the school, but that a combination of dumbass hourly employees and a gap in a school policy created this situation. If you don't believe that, read for yourself.

https://goomer.ncaa.org/wdbctx/LSDBi/LSDBi.MajorInfPackage.ProcessMultipleBylaws?p_Multiple=0&p_PK=669&p_Button=View+Public+Report&p_TextTerms=ThisIsADummyPhraseThatWillNotBeDuplicated&p_TextTerms2=ThisIsADummyPhraseThatWillNotBeDuplicated&p_Division=1

You're right.  It's no big deal and it's just an unfortunate set of circumstances.   :sarcasm:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 12:14:38 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 12:13:20 PM »

I'm sorry, but I don't give a flying fuck what the NCAA "found", those kids were not setting up a charity book drive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 12:30:04 PM »
I'm sorry, but I don't give a flying fuck what the NCAA "found", those kids were not setting up a charity book drive.
Why, just because it doesn't agree with what you WANTED to happen? They were giving books to friends, family, and boyfriends/girlfriends. Here's how it works; you are issued books under your student-athlete account. When you complete/drop a class, those books have to be returned. Any books not returned are charged to the student's receivables account. Bottom line, they have to turn those books back in or pay for them. All of the books in question had already been turned in, or charged to the student-athlete's receivables account and paid for out of pocket by the student-athlete by the time the investigation was over. Its not like they were just randomly selecting people to let "borrow" these books, it was friends, family, and other student athletes.

So, I guess in any kind of future dealings UA might have with the NCAA, I can just say "I don't care what they 'found', THIS is what REALLY happened!". I'm sure that wouldn't fly here. Bottom line is you're simply pissed that it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to.  I doubt you have even read the NCAA's public report.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 01:15:50 PM »
Why, just because it doesn't agree with what you WANTED to happen? They were giving books to friends, family, and boyfriends/girlfriends. Here's how it works; you are issued books under your student-athlete account. When you complete/drop a class, those books have to be returned. Any books not returned are charged to the student's receivables account. Bottom line, they have to turn those books back in or pay for them. All of the books in question had already been turned in, or charged to the student-athlete's receivables account and paid for out of pocket by the student-athlete by the time the investigation was over. Its not like they were just randomly selecting people to let "borrow" these books, it was friends, family, and other student athletes.

So, I guess in any kind of future dealings UA might have with the NCAA, I can just say "I don't care what they 'found', THIS is what REALLY happened!". I'm sure that wouldn't fly here. Bottom line is you're simply pissed that it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to.  I doubt you have even read the NCAA's public report.
And they were willingly and knowingly violating NCAA rules, jeopordizing their scholarships, their eligibilty, and their good name, to help out their buddies without any expectation of payback whatsoever...right. So because they couldn't produce receipts the players must have printed up to "rent" out these books, it DEFINITELY didn't happen. Right.

Bottom line: The NCAA is a big bunch of pussies, and they let you off as easily as they possibly could.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 01:17:39 PM »
Back to the whole vacated wins bullshit...

All this does is extend the bammers excuse that we "can't beat tha Tahd unless we's on probation". Nevermind the fact that probation means nothing besides they continue to remain in the repeat offender window to keep getting slapped on the wrist when they violate it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 01:42:37 PM »
And they were willingly and knowingly violating NCAA rules, jeopordizing their scholarships, their eligibilty, and their good name, to help out their buddies without any expectation of payback whatsoever...right. So because they couldn't produce receipts the players must have printed up to "rent" out these books, it DEFINITELY didn't happen. Right.
UA says it didn't happen, the NCAA says it didn't happen, but by God, you KNOW it happened! What kind of bullshit is that? I'm guessing that they didn't think they would get caught. People do stupid shit for stupid reasons everyday, and why? Because they don't think they will get caught. As if no 17-20 year old hasn't done anything stupid before. Again, you simply wanted the hammer to come down on us because it would look bad on us, and AU would possibly reap some benefits in various ways from that. Its been known from the beginning that nobody benefited monetarily from this. The NCAA agreed with that at the end of the investigation. Why its SO surprising to you now, I have no idea. I guess we should discount the NCAA's report totally, you have the REAL story.  :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 01:44:37 PM »
Back to the whole vacated wins bullshit...

All this does is extend the bammers excuse that we "can't beat tha Tahd unless we's on probation". Nevermind the fact that probation means nothing besides they continue to remain in the repeat offender window to keep getting slapped on the wrist when they violate it.
I don't see where anybody can use that excuse with this one. We were not penalized with any scholarship losses, or a ban from TV or post-season. There is nothing that inhibits us for the future, soooo......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 01:46:03 PM »
UA says it didn't happen,
You can just stop right there! If UA says it didn't happen, it couldn't have happened. They certainly have no reason to not let info like that be exposed.
the NCAA says it didn't happen
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 01:52:48 PM »
You can just stop right there! If UA says it didn't happen, it couldn't have happened. They certainly have no reason to not let info like that be exposed.
And obviously, I didn't stop there. If the NCAA KNEW it was happening, then why did they say it wasn't? You don't want to touch anything I said that applies logic to the situation with a 10 ft pole. I agree that just because UA says it didn't happen, doesn't mean they are right. However, the NCAA apparently verified this to be true. Can you really see them letting us skate on this if it was some huge conspiracy? They even noted in the public report that the infractions were relatively minor and could have been handled through summary disposition had it not been in the repeat offender window. But hey, you know the REAL story. Everybody ignore what the NCAA says, they don't have shit on Chizad! You are so desperate for something to give AU a leg up, it is obvious. Again, I'm going to guess that you haven't even read the first sentence in the public report, have you?

The following accounts for 22 of the student-athletes:
All of the text books and materials were either returned at the end of the semester or charged to, and recovered from, the student-athletes' receivables account, as was required by the institution's textbook program. The investigation did not reveal that anyone converted the books or materials to cash by reselling the items, and did not reveal that anyone acquired items that were not academic in character, such as personal electronics devices or clothing.

The following accounts for 179 of the student-athletes:
The second type of infraction involved student-athletes who unintentionally received the impermissible use of non-required textbooks and materials. These optional or recommended materials were often included with students' pre-packaged required materials. The student -athletes received optional or recommended items through either: 1) confusion or haste by bookstore employees during the "book rush" at the beginning of the semester or; 2) mistaken packaging by bookstore employees, resulting from discrepancies among syllabi for different courses and for sections of the same course.

Bottom line is we're talking about 22 kids who intentionally misused the system. The other 179 weren't lending books to friends or anything, they simply got optional stuff they shouldn't have whether it was pre-packaged with required materials, or whether it was the book store employees who messed up when they were bundling books and included something they shouldn't have. Its still a violation, but they are labeled "unintentiol offenders." The NCAA isn't even penalizing them with vacated victories, only the sports the 22 "intentional offenders" participated in. I'm not thrilled that any of this happened or anything, but damn dude, its not nearly as bad as you're making it up to be, no matter how much imaginary shit you throw in the pot.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 02:11:02 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 02:08:10 PM »
I don't see where anybody can use that excuse with this one. We were not penalized with any scholarship losses, or a ban from TV or post-season. There is nothing that inhibits us for the future, soooo......
You're overestimating the reasoning ability of your bammer brethren.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions