AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Gene Chizik Speaks...on everything
« on: June 10, 2009, 09:29:31 AM »
http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2009/06/gene_chizik_speakson_everythin.html

Gene Chizik speaks...on everything
Posted by Evan Woodbery, Press-Register June 09, 2009 6:24 PM

MONTGOMERY -- A handful of hacks and TV folks just finished a brief conversation with Auburn coach Gene Chizik, who was preparing to speak to the Montgomery Auburn Club.

No real news came from the conversation, but a few of the answers are interesting. (Others, not so much). Click below for more...

(Is Tyrik Rollison ready to go? The people are clamoring for answers.)
Right now we feel really good where everybody is and where Tyrik is. Obviously, until they get here, we're not going to make any statements about it but we feel good on all those fronts.

(Are we moving toward an early-signing period in football?)
Well, I think until you can iron out all the dos and don'ts, it not just that simple. There's a lot of things that come into play when you talk about an early signing period. For me to have a really strong feeling about it, I'd have to see the entire plan. To be quite honest with you, I don't know if there's an entire plan that someone feels good about from beginning to end. I think there are some good ideas behind it and I think there are some ideas that might be a little rough around the edges that people need to work through. I don't know that we'll ever get to that point. Again, I think if you show the entire plan, I'd have a stronger feeling about how I feel about it.

(How do you feel about a perception that you're being cavalier or pushing the envelope in recruiting?)
Obviously, I'm not at liberty to talk recruiting or anything of that nature (i.e., NCAA secondary violations). I've said since Day 1 that we're just trying to recruit and do things the right way and do things a little bit outside the box if you will. That's what we're trying to do and we'll continue to do that. As far as being cavalier and things of that nature, I don't see that at all. We're just trying to do our job and work hard.

(You're no renegade?)
Absolutely not. That's not who we are.

(How did the coaches respond to Mike Slive's riot act in Destin?)
Everybody is an individual. I know that it was a very heartfelt talk and I respected very much what the commissioner had to say so I can't speak for everybody else. I can only speak for me.

(Tony Franklin talked of coaches' paranoia of the administration last year. What's it like now?)
I got...(pause)...everything at Auburn right now is great. What's happened in the past, what people say I certainly had no control over that and have no control over it. This is a whole new deal. You know, I got bigger to fish to fry at Auburn.

(Head coaches are now central point of the 'cruitin' process?)
I've always thought head coaches are a central part of the recruiting process. I think that people who recruit well, you can usually point to the head coach. I haven't noticed that it's swinging in that direction all of a sudden now.

(Why are we all talking about recruiting in June?)
I just think it's the open exposure of the Internet, with all the different publications. It's just the nature of technology. There's no secrets out there right now. That's what it boils down to. There's just information everywhere. Obviously that opens things up and there's a great deal of attention on it. Technology's the reason, I guess.

(No more secrets.)
Not with you guys. (chuckles). Like I said, I just think they're very few secrets. There's so much communication now between recruits and other recruits and recruits and all the different publications. It'd be tough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
Re: Gene Chizik Speaks...on everything
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 09:37:41 AM »
Just a note, while I know Kaos's position on Chizik's speaking ability, we couldn't disagree more.

He has mastered giving solid answers while not giving the bammerham media something to chew on and spin into some slanted story based on one soundbite taken out of context.

Go back and read most of those questions. Virtually all of them were obvious booby traps, and Chizik skipped right over them as gracefully as possible. He answers the questions so that the media can't run with the "Gah, look at this dick, he won't even talk to us!", yet he doesn't take any of the bait and say something about recruiting that could get him a violation, or anything derogatory about another coach, or the past coaching staff, or anything that could land him in trouble.

:vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 09:56:56 AM »
Just a note, while I know Kaos's position on Chizik's speaking ability, we couldn't disagree more.

He has mastered giving solid answers while not giving the bammerham media something to chew on and spin into some slanted story based on one soundbite taken out of context.

Go back and read most of those questions. Virtually all of them were obvious booby traps, and Chizik skipped right over them as gracefully as possible. He answers the questions so that the media can't run with the "Gah, look at this dick, he won't even talk to us!", yet he doesn't take any of the bait and say something about recruiting that could get him a violation, or anything derogatory about another coach, or the past coaching staff, or anything that could land him in trouble.

:vn:

Because he doesn't know anything.  It's easy to say nothing when that's what you know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 10:13:33 AM »

Because he doesn't know anything.  It's easy to say nothing when that's what you know.
Yeah. I'm sure that's it.  :eyeroll:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 05:46:58 PM »
After reading this diatribe I've changed my mind......chizik won't sink auburn this year. Its going to be the person who is pulling his strings fault. The man (and I use that term rather loosely) obviously cannot say a single word without having it ok'd by certain individuals. His answers show a patheticness bordering on sadness. 
Who is pulling his string? :blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 05:28:35 AM »
After reading this diatribe I've changed my mind......chizik won't sink auburn this year. Its going to be the person who is pulling his strings fault. The man (and I use that term rather loosely) obviously cannot say a single word without having it ok'd by certain individuals. His answers show a patheticness bordering on sadness. 
What the fuck is that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 06:34:34 AM »
patheticness:(adj/adv)A form of being pathetic that defies standard human deviation. To go beyond standard pathetic. see "gene chizik's" coaching, speaking abilities.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 09:39:12 AM »
What the fuck is that?

Standard issue greaseybammer bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 09:51:07 AM »

His answers show he's not a flaming dumbass like Lane Kiffin!  You, on the other hand, exhibit a patheticness that borders on, no, is the fucking most pathetic shit I've seen.  And besides that, any fuckstick like you that admits he goes to dinner with bammers, sits and listens quietly while they talk shit about Auburn, does nothing about it, then comes here to irritate the fuck out of the Auburn Family....

FUCK YOU YOU BAMMER PIECE OF SHIT...FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU  FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU  FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU  FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU YOU BAMMER PIECE OF SHIT, AND FUCK OFF!  GET THE FUCK OFF EVERY AUBURN SITE YOU POLLUTE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 12:22:24 PM »
His answers show he's not a flaming dumbass like Lane Kiffin!  You, on the other hand, exhibit a patheticness that borders on, no, is the fucking most pathetic shit I've seen.  And besides that, any fuckstick like you that admits he goes to dinner with bammers, sits and listens quietly while they talk shit about Auburn, does nothing about it, then comes here to irritate the fuck out of the Auburn Family....

FUCK YOU YOU BAMMER PIECE OF SHIT...FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU  FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU  FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU  FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU YOU BAMMER PIECE OF SHIT, AND FUCK OFF!  GET THE FUCK OFF EVERY AUBURN SITE YOU POLLUTE!
Let us know how you feel, Your CAPS locks key is yelling, let me go!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 12:41:20 PM »
LOUD NOISES!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 12:48:42 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 12:58:26 PM »
Let us know how you feel, Your CAPS locks key is yelling, let me go!

I'm sick of reading that miserable fuck's repeat shit!  That's how I feel.  Fixed the caps lock for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 01:25:47 PM »
I'm sick of reading that miserable fuck's repeat shit!  That's how I feel.  Fixed the caps lock for you.
I 100% agree with you, his shit is annoying!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 06:50:14 PM »

FUCK YOU YOU BAMMER PIECE OF SHIT...FUCK YOU FUCK YOU YOU BAMMER PIECE OF SHIT, AND FUCK OFF!  GET THE FUCK OFF EVERY AUBURN SITE YOU POLLUTE!
Welllllll we cut off the donations despite the phone calls from Auburn, let then sell someone else the season tickets (30+ years held) and drafted a really nasty letter to the BOT.....what the hell else could I do?
What the hell did you do?
Oh yeah sat on your ass and did nothing.
But then again no one expected you to do anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 07:24:02 PM »
Welllllll we cut off the donations despite the phone calls from Auburn, let then sell someone else the season tickets (30+ years held) and drafted a really nasty letter to the BOT.....what the hell else could I do?
Sense you dont make.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 09:55:05 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 11:26:26 PM »
Yeah, I had a hard time following that, too.   What's this about dining with Mullets?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 09:42:46 AM »

you are a miserable liar, and by that I mean you suck at it. The only thing you donate to is the worlds collective stupidity pool you fucking bammer piece of shit.
 :stewie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Peace, Love and God Bless Auburn!