Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Here's something that might be interesting....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Here's something that might be interesting....
« on: June 09, 2009, 09:28:29 PM »
Within the next seven weeks, SPuat has to cut 12 scholarships to fit in their past signing class.  While Auburn will be enrolling most of their class within the next two weeks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Here's something that might be interesting....
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:50:53 PM »
Within the next seven weeks, SPuat has to cut 12 scholarships to fit in their past signing class.  While Auburn will be enrolling most of their class within the next two weeks.
All of the kids that will be making it in from the 09 class are already on campus. Our new kids always come in June 1st. There are still a few trying to get qualified to make it in the second summer term, but I don't see it happening. But yeah we're going to have to trim some fat sometime over the next 7 weeks. Thats not anything new, so I don't really see your point. As far as trimming the fat, I'm pretty sure they have a gameplan for that. CNS was at USC today filming a commercial for GameDay. I doubt he would be out there fuckin around if he was panicing about not having a plan.

Captain Obvious strikes again!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:22:18 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 12:18:37 AM »
Yeah, Coach Midget doesn't worry about cutting kids..what will this make, 25 kids that've been cut since '07?  Wait....didn't the bammers give Coach Tuberville HELL, for cutting around 4 kids?

Also, he doesn't look *nervous* in this picture.  :sad:

Funny, two Head Football Coaches that are facing NCAA Sanctions, in the same room...coincidence?  "Two birds with one stone"?  :rofl:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 12:20:48 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 01:24:31 AM »
Caption for that picture:

Saban - "Pete, I just don't know what I'm going to do about getting under the scholarship limit."
Pete - "Yeah, what the fuck were you thinking?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 08:01:44 AM »
Yeah, Coach Midget doesn't worry about cutting kids..what will this make, 25 kids that've been cut since '07?  Wait....didn't the bammers give Coach Tuberville HELL, for cutting around 4 kids?

Funny, two Head Football Coaches that are facing NCAA Sanctions, in the same room...coincidence?  "Two birds with one stone"?  :rofl:

Actually, Pete is daring Nicky to do his Mary Katherine Gallagher imitation.  He's heard Nicky's the best at it.  Others have tried.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 09:57:41 AM »
I think 25 is shooting a little high. Way high. I would say 10-15 have left since 07, if I had to guess off the top of my head. I think a good bit of them have left on medical hardship for that matter. I wouldn't think the NCAA would let them be medically disqualified unless there was some proof they had an issue. I don't know if you would really count Jeremy Elder, Jimmy Johns, or Prince Hall either. Corey Smith left because, in his parents' words, he was homesick and is transfering to WVU. Some of the flat out transfers I'm sure were cuts, plain and simple. But if somebody medically cannot play, there is no point on keeping them on the team when you can give them medical hardship, open a spot on the roster, and the kid still gets a free ride. Its a win-win situation. Here's a few names that you might see transfer in the next 7 weeks, imo anyway:

RB Demetrius Goode
RB Jermaine Griffin
WR Travis Sikes
DL Milton Talbert
LB Chavis Williams
LB Charlie Kirschman
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 11:27:56 AM »
I think 25 is shooting a little high. Way high. I would say 10-15 have left since 07, if I had to guess off the top of my head. I think a good bit of them have left on medical hardship for that matter. I wouldn't think the NCAA would let them be medically disqualified unless there was some proof they had an issue. I don't know if you would really count Jeremy Elder, Jimmy Johns, or Prince Hall either. Corey Smith left because, in his parents' words, he was homesick and is transfering to WVU. Some of the flat out transfers I'm sure were cuts, plain and simple. But if somebody medically cannot play, there is no point on keeping them on the team when you can give them medical hardship, open a spot on the roster, and the kid still gets a free ride. Its a win-win situation. Here's a few names that you might see transfer in the next 7 weeks, imo anyway:

RB Demetrius Goode
RB Jermaine Griffin
WR Travis Sikes
DL Milton Talbert
LB Chavis Williams
LB Charlie Kirschman
25 is NOT shooting a little too high.  I posted, if you'd read it again, that this will make around 25 kids that Coach midget will have had to cut (push down a flight of stairs, frame, etc.) since '07.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

number1bammer

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 12:22:18 PM »

Damn, this sounds like alot of jealousy. BTW that is a great pic of  two of the best coaches in the game!!!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

number1bammer

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 12:30:02 PM »
25 is NOT shooting a little too high.  I posted, if you'd read it again, that this will make around 25 kids that Coach midget will have had to cut (push down a flight of stairs, frame, etc.) since '07.

Prowler, you dumb ass, when the GREAT ONE is bringing in top recruit after top recruit then yes he is gonna have to weed out some of the somewhat weaker or less talented players. That is just the way it is, soon Bama backups will be 3 and 4 star guys instead of 1, 2 or even walk ons.  :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 12:54:14 PM »
So what's going on today at Auburn, Prowler?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 01:04:16 PM »
I have question.  If you have a player get hurt, and that player will never be cleared medically to play again, what happens to that scholly?  Does the hurt player stay on scholly and get to finish up his education or is he SOL?

Warning--This could lead to me asking about bunch of questions about how scholarships and the numbers work out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

RWS

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 01:08:33 PM »
I have question.  If you have a player get hurt, and that player will never be cleared medically to play again, what happens to that scholly?  Does the hurt player stay on scholly and get to finish up his education or is he SOL?

Warning--This could lead to me asking about bunch of questions about how scholarships and the numbers work out.
The NCAA has to approve it, but he goes on medical hardship scholarship. The player no longer counts towards the 85 man limit, is not part of the team, but still gets his free ride. The school and certainly the player should not be penalized because of a medical condition that disqualifies a player, and as far as I know, thats how they have it set up. For example, Prothro went on a medical scholarship his last year in school I believe. They had kept him on the roster I guess waiting to see what would happen, and it just wasn't going to work. He then came off the roster, did not count towards the 85 limit, and still got a free ride.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

#1Bammer

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 01:12:48 PM »
Within the next seven weeks, SPuat has to cut 12 scholarships to fit in their past signing class.  While Auburn will be enrolling most of their class within the next two weeks.

And what is your point dumbass?  :eyeroll:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 01:32:34 PM »
The NCAA has to approve it, but he goes on medical hardship scholarship. The player no longer counts towards the 85 man limit, is not part of the team, but still gets his free ride. The school and certainly the player should not be penalized because of a medical condition that disqualifies a player, and as far as I know, thats how they have it set up. For example, Prothro went on a medical scholarship his last year in school I believe. They had kept him on the roster I guess waiting to see what would happen, and it just wasn't going to work. He then came off the roster, did not count towards the 85 limit, and still got a free ride.

That is what I was wondering.  I never really knew, just assumed that he got his free ride, was no longer "on the team" and they were then able to offer up his slot to someone else. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 02:34:05 PM »

Pete= Coolass old surfer dude
Saban= up tight, goofy short sleeve button down wearing, asshole that looks like he's fixin' to whip his hands out from his pits to sniff them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

number1bammer

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 02:52:55 PM »
Pete= Coolass old surfer dude
Saban= up tight, goofy short sleeve button down wearing, asshole that looks like he's fixin' to whip his hands out from his pits to sniff them.

You forgot to add

Chizneek= 5-19 , I cant believe these dumb fuckers hired ME to try and compete against THE GREAT SABEAR!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 03:11:17 PM »
You forgot to add

Chizneek= 5-19 , I cant believe these dumb fuckers hired ME to try and compete against THE GREAT SABEAR!!!

Some of you bammer fuckers bring some real weak shit, especially when you're a bammer that took the time to sign up on an Auburn site to run smack...you'd think you could do better than the typically Finebaumesqe stupid made up grade school name game. 

:blah: 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

#1Bammer

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 04:18:59 PM »
  Dont forget......

Saban= 1 national title and 2 SEC titles

Cheeznik= 5 -19
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 04:22:42 PM »
Is it Cheeznik or Chizneek?

Make up your mind already.

I always preferred Chizzism.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 04:39:09 PM »
  Dont forget......

Saban= 1 national title and 2 SEC titles

Cheeznik= 5 -19

Don't forget, you're a moron running a weak line of shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions